Rotterdam cruise port is part of the largest seaport in Europe. The city of Rotterdam is the second biggest in the Netherlands with more than 584,000 citizens. Rotterdam cruise port is 70 km from Amsterdam cruise port, direction south-west. It increases its popularity as an attractive cruise destination constantly.
Rotterdam cruise port is a departure port for Holland America Line. It is also included in the ship schedule of Royal Caribbean‘s (Oasis of the Seas) transatlantic voyages. Many world-class cruise ships are homeported in Rotterdam using it as turnaround port for roundtrip Baltic Sea itineraries.
Wilhelminakade street dates back from 1873. The first cruise ships docked at Port Rotterdam were the famous Holland America Line's steamships – SS Statendam, SS Rotterdam and SS Nieuw Amsterdam. The line's Transatlantic voyages were from Rotterdam to NYC New York.
Highlights: Old Harbour, City sights
Rotterdam cruise terminal
Rotterdam cruise port terminal is built on the Wilhelmina Pier. It is west of the stunning Erasmus Bridge, on the south bank of River Maas.
Schiphol Airport Amsterdam is an hour from Rotterdam cruise port terminal, the distance to Rotterdam Airport is only 20 minutes. The country neighbors of the Netherlands (France, Germany and Belgium) are easily accessible by the high-speed trains from the rail service. The Central Station of Rotterdam is located close to the terminal building. There is a bus from Antwerp, Belgium. The journey to Rotterdam cruise port is only one hour.
Since then, the building of Rotterdam cruise port was renovated several times It offers modern facilities including information desk and boarding bridge that is covered and automatic. Right at the terminal, the passengers can buy local handicrafts including hindeloopen painting, wooden shoe and different antiques. The downtown of the city is within easy walking distance from Rotterdam cruise port terminal.
There is parking area next to SS Rotterdam, HAL cruise ship converted to convention-center and hotel.
Cruise Terminal Rotterdam
Cruise Terminal Rotterdam underwent a number of changes between 2014-2015. The grand opening ceremony was in May 2015.
- The cruise terminal building covers a total area of approx 3800 m2.
- In September 2014 was installed terminal's new passenger boarding bridge.
- In February 2015, the quay’s repaving replacement was at 70% ready. The rest of the works were done between cruise ship visits.
- After its renovation, Cruise Terminal Rotterdam has 700 m2 luggage handling area. Refurbishment works included paintwork, new flooring, suitcase storage area, Port Rotterdam offices.
Rotterdam tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- The Rotterdam Port: Rotterdam won port of the year for 2013. It is worth to take a look at the port and see the atmosphere.
- Euromast: or the Space Tower. Take a bird eye look over Rotterdam. The tower is 185 m and there is a restaurant atop.
- Erasmusbrug: or the Erasmus Bridge. So close to Rotterdam cruise port terminal, that you should not miss it. It was open by Queen Beatrix in 1996. The bridge is 800 m. It is also known as “The Swan” because of its color.
- Willemsbrug: or the Willems Bridge is also known as “Red Bridge” or the “Golden Gate Bridge” of Rotterdam. It dates from 1981. It is over the Nieuwe Mass River.
- Museums: the Boijmans Museum, the Natural History Museum, the Kunsthal Museum, the Maritime Museum and the Netherlands Fotomuseum.
- De Kuip Football Stadium: or the Tub is the home of Feyenoord football club. The club is famous in Europe, so is the stadium.
- Delftshaven: or the Delfts Harbour. The part of the city that remained mostly undamaged during the World War II bombing.
The Rotterdam cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Rotterdam, Holland.
If you lose the Rotterdam location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Rotterdam cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Rotterdam, Holland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
5 May, 2017
13 May, 2017
20 May, 2017
26 May, 2017
27 May, 2017
2 May, 2017
4 May, 2017
6 May, 2017
10 May, 2017
12 May, 2017
14 May, 2017
23 May, 2017
25 May, 2017
The USCG (U.S. Coast Guard) medevaced a 63-year-old female passenger from a Holland America Line (HAL) ship around 60 miles east of Virginia...October 27, 2016
Her Majesty Queen Máxima of the Netherlands will christen Holland America Line’s new Pinnacle-class ship, ms Koningsdam. The naming...April 18, 2016
A week ahead of her first passenger cruise, ms Koningsdam was officially handed over to Holland America Line. HAL took delivery of the 2,650-guest...April 1, 2016
Holland America ship ms Rotterdam sailed last Saturday into the Port of Rotterdam for her milestone 100th call, amid the celebratory sprays of...July 11, 2015
Cruise Terminal Rotterdam, one of the national monuments of Netherlands, is undergoing a number of changes with a grand opening planned to take place...April 22, 2015
- show more news