Rotterdam cruise port is part of the largest seaport in Europe. The city of Rotterdam is the second biggest in the Netherlands with more than 584,000 citizens. Rotterdam cruise port is 70 km from Amsterdam cruise port, direction south-west. It increases its popularity as an attractive cruise destination constantly.
Parking: 13 euro per day.
Highlights: Old Harbour, City sights
Rotterdam cruise terminal
Rotterdam cruise port terminal is built on the Wilhelmina Pier. It is west of the stunning Erasmus Bridge, on the south bank of River Maas.
Schiphol Airport Amsterdam is an hour from Rotterdam cruise port terminal, the distance to Rotterdam Airport is only 20 minutes. The country neighbors of the Netherlands (France, Germany and Belgium) are easily accessible by the high-speed trains from the rail service. The Central Station of Rotterdam is located close to the terminal building. There is a bus from Antwerp, Belgium. The journey to Rotterdam cruise port is only one hour.
The terminal building covers 3,800 square meters. Wilhelminakade dates from 1873. The first ships docked at Rotterdam cruise port were the famous Holland America’s steamships – the Statendam, the Rotterdam and the Nieuw Amsterdam. The voyage was from Rotterdam to New York.
Since then, the building of Rotterdam cruise port was renovated several times It offers modern facilities including information desk and boarding bridge that is covered and automatic. Right at the terminal, the passengers can buy local handicrafts including hindeloopen painting, wooden shoe and different antiques. The downtown of the city is within easy walking distance from Rotterdam cruise port terminal.
There is parking area next to SS Rotterdam, HAL cruise ship converted to convention-center and hotel.
Rotterdam tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- The Rotterdam Port: Rotterdam won port of the year for 2013. It is worth to take a look at the port and see the atmosphere.
- Euromast: or the Space Tower. Take a bird eye look over Rotterdam. The tower is 185 m and there is a restaurant atop.
- Erasmusbrug: or the Erasmus Bridge. So close to Rotterdam cruise port terminal, that you should not miss it. It was open by Queen Beatrix in 1996. The bridge is 800 m. It is also known as “The Swan” because of its color.
- Willemsbrug: or the Willems Bridge is also known as “Red Bridge” or the “Golden Gate Bridge” of Rotterdam. It dates from 1981. It is over the Nieuwe Mass River.
- Museums: the Boijmans Museum, the Natural History Museum, the Kunsthal Museum, the Maritime Museum and the Netherlands Fotomuseum.
- De Kuip Football Stadium: or the Tub is the home of Feyenoord football club. The club is famous in Europe, so is the stadium.
- Delftshaven: or the Delfts Harbour. The part of the city that remained mostly undamaged during the World War II bombing.
The Rotterdam cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Rotterdam, Holland.
If you lose the Rotterdam location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Rotterdam cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Rotterdam, Holland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
7 October, 2016
14 October, 2016
21 October, 2016
28 October, 2016
1 October, 2016
6 October, 2016
13 October, 2016
20 October, 2016
27 October, 2016