Seabourn Sojourn Review and Specifications
Specifications of Seabourn Sojourn
|Year built||2010 / Age : 8|
|Builder||T. Mariotti (Genoa, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 250 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||19 kn / 35 kph / 22 mph|
|Length (LOA)||198 m / 650 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||32346 gt|
|Passengers||450 - 540|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Christened by||Lesley Lawson (Twiggy)|
Current itinerary of Seabourn Sojourn
Seabourn Sojourn current cruise is 129 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Cape Town, themed as "New Year". The itinerary starts on 15 Oct, 2018 and ends on 21 Feb, 2019.
Review of Seabourn Sojourn
Launched in 2010, Seabourn Sojourn is the second of Seabourn Cruise Line's ships, together with Seabourn Odyssey and Seabourn Quest. On each of the three vessels is installed the biggest Spa ever created on a luxury cruise ship.
History - construction and ownership
Seabourn Cruises is a top-luxury (all-inclusive) company founded in 1986 and headquartered in Seattle WA. Seabourn operates on global itineraries, raging from 7-day Caribbean to 100+day Around the World voyages. Since 1998, Seabourn is fully-owned by Carnival Corporation - world's largest passenger shipping company. Seabourn is a signature travel brand and major player on the premium-cruising market, competing head-on with Silversea and Regent Seven Seas.
The 32,346-ton, 450-passenger cruise ship Seabourn Sojourn is line’s second new-class ship that accommodates only 450 guests. At 32,000 GRT Sojourn and her sisters are the smallest built new vessels by any of all major cruise lines and feature the highest ratio space-per-guest in industry. Sojourn offers excellent, comfortable staterooms, the biggest luxe spa at sea, and an in-stern marina full with kayaks and speed vessels. There is also an onboard atmosphere which is cultured yet also quite informal.
While largely the same as Odyssey cruise ship (the first in Seabourn's newly designed trio) and identical to Quest (released in 2011), Seabourn Sojourn is the cruise line's enhancement on an already-outstanding concept. It achieved the feat simply by tweaking bits and pieces. The spa features were the largest beneficiary of the line's experience with the first vessel, that has an additional spa sun deck zone replacing some of the pretentiously expensive private villa spaces. In The Restaurant, the vessel's stylish major dining venue, an experiment with communal tables - intended to foster sociability - hasn't been replicated on either Sojourn or Quest cruise ships. However, the group bar-height seating concept is accessible in its more casual Colonnade.
Cruise itinerary program
Seabourn Sojourn itinerary program is based on luxury cruises in Asia with departures from Singapore and Hong Kong. In Europe, Sojourn operates on Mediterranean itineraries with departures from Athens/Piraeus, Monaco, Rome, with Suez Canal repositioning transits between Europe and Asia.
Like all Seabourn ships, Sojourn is an all-suite vessel. Seabourn Sojourn accommodations include 225 ocean-view suites in 15 categories, 90% of which with private verandas. The five Owner’s Suites measure up to 1,062 sq. feet (including a veranda); four Grand Suites (two-bedroom) are up to 1,682 sq. feet private living space. Choose to stay in a Penthouse Suite (one of the 22) on uppermost decks, featuring up to 534 sq. feet each.
By company's loyalty program "Seabourn Club", Silver Level and above passengers receive free Internet (limited and unlimited packages), free phone calls (20-30-40 min worldwide), complimentary Spa Massage, Day Pass for Spa Serene Area, free laundry (1 bag for every 7-days on the ship), plus discount pricing on onboard alcohol purchases (premium wines and spirits), future cruise booking discounts, luggage shipping service discounts, access to special offers and exclusive onboard events.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Seabourn Sojourn delights her guests with varied menus in the four onboard restaurants and provides in-suite dining as well. The Restaurant features eclectic menus created specifically for Seabourn Yachts by Chef Charlie Palmer. Each restaurant offers different experiences, from casual meals on deck to avant-garde tasting menus. Enjoy traditional Italian lattes and espressos in Seabourn Square at leisure or try one of the six lounges and bars – enjoy world-class champagne, wine, top shelf spirits.
The ultra-luxury Seabourn Sojourn yacht offers sumptuous gourmet cuisine at the traditional Restaurant by celebrity chef Charlie Palmer, but you can also enjoy casual meals at the Patio Grill poolside. Enjoy complimentary French champagne, wine sand spirits with lunch and dinner, no matter where you dine. With one staff member for each guest, Seabourn provides unmatched cruising experience and level of service. Attire in most evenings is “jacket required”, but on special nights they host candlelit dining and black tie is optional.
Restaurant 2 is an avant-garde restaurant featuring stellar service and intriguing food and wine. Dishes are individually prepared by the chef and passengers enjoy the innovative creations. The Colonnade is an indoor/outdoor restaurant, where chefs serve guests’ meals in an open kitchen and they can watch their work while personally preparing orders. A different theme is offered each evening. The finest casual dining is available poolside at Patio Grill. Its superb offerings delight guests’ palette as they enjoy relaxed ambiance by Sojourn’s pool. In-Suite Service – fresh crudités or late night pizza in your suite, the Sojourn room service menu is available around the clock. Choose to have your dinner served course by course in-suite, complete with personal service and fine linens.
Follows the complete list of Seabourn Sojourn restaurants and food bars.
- The Restaurant (main dining room with open-seating breakfast, lunch and dinner; the dining amenities are top-luxurious; the Restaurant’s dress code is “elegant casual” with optional “formal” dress on special nights.
- Restaurant 2 (reservation-only; offers an avantgarde dining experience, featuring a rich selection of fine wines and regionally-themed menus)
- Patio Grill (serves the pool area with grilled specialties, salads and several side dishes; fresh pizza by the slice is offered throughout the afternoon)
- The Colonnade (open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; its chefs cook in an open kitchen and guests can enjoy watching food being prepared; the menu for dinner is differently themed each day; the restaurant has an aft Terrace and an outdoor seating area)
- The Grill by Thomas Keller (the menu and ambiance are inspired by the classic American chophouse; a collaboration between designer Adam D. Tihany and 3-star Michelin chef Thomas Keller).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The Grand Salon is Sojourn’s main showroom which can accommodate all passengers, though it seldom does so because a variety is available. Cooking demonstrations, movies, lectures, and other interesting gatherings are held there in daytime. In the evening, live music for dancing gives way to comedy, vocal production shows, classical recitals, cabaret performances, and more dancing. The Seabourn Square is an innovative living room which replaces the reception lobby and provides a welcoming lounge with comfortable sofas, cocktail tables and easy chairs.
The Club is a lively lounge on Seabourn Sojourn offering daily tea service. It’s popular for dancing to live music and pre-dinner drinks. Later the DJ spins dance music. Another terrace boasts two whirlpool spas and a plunge pool. The Spa is the largest spa on any luxury ship, featuring six treatment rooms, thermal area with large hydro-pool, sauna, dry float, and steam rooms, well-equipped gym, motion studio with Thai massage area and Kinesis Wall, and full-service salon.
Additional amenities include: Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry, Self-Serve Laundromats. Tipping/gratuities - tips are not expected or calculated in the price. Wedding parties on Seabourn ship Sojourn could be held in any of the public spaces (no onboard chapel).
Follows the complete list of Seabourn Sojourn lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Living room (open-floor area serving as a lounge with a small seating area)
- The Casino (with 1 roulette table, 3 gaming tables for blackjack and poker, 15 slot machines)
- The Club lounge (disco & nightclub)
- The Club Pool area (with one plunge pool flanked by two Whirlpools, served by The Club’s bar)
- Whirlpool (with open-deck area with loungers)
- Grand Salon (main show lounge for grand productions, featuring a 6-piece band; hosts guest lectures and presentations during the day)
- Card Room (cards playing and bard games room)
- 3 duty-free shops (The Boutique for fashion clothes, perfumes and luxury cosmetics; The Seabourn Shop for Seabourn-logo merchandise; The Collection for brand watches and jewelry)
- The Coffee Bar (patisserie & specialty coffee bar, serving Seabourn Square lounge area, which has a corner serving as the Library/Computer Centre)
- Patio Pool (swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area with loungers, private cabanas; served with drinks by Patio Bar; the pool deck also hosts barbecue parties)
- Sky Bar (serves the Patio Pool’s balcony level)
- The “Spa at Seabourn” (11,400 ft2 wellness area spanning on two decks, with outdoor relaxation deck area, Massage-Treatment Rooms, Steam Room, Saunas, Thermal Suite, glass-roofed Spa pool, Beauty Salon)
- Fitness Center (panoramic-view modern gym)
- Motion Studio (separate Aerobics Room)
- Promenade (on Deck 5)
- Observation Bar (round-shaped observation lounge with grand piano)
- Outdoor relaxation areas (The Retreat, Sun Terrace, Spa Terrace)
- The Retreat (multi-use, open-air relaxation area with a 9-hole Golf putting green and courts for deck games - Giant Chess, Shuffleboard).
Seabourn Sojourn wiki
- Seabourn Cruises Sojourn ship is the line's newest of all three vessels providing all-inclusive "big yacht cruising" luxury vacation experiences. Her sisters are the fleetmates Odyssey and Quest. The three vessels have been produced under the same cruise ship design. When the Seabourn company launched them, it bragged that this vessel design will be the "game-changer for the luxury segment" of the cruising market. Traditionally for all ships in the Seabourn fleet, all passenger cabins (all are suites) have private verandas.
- The Sojourn ship's christening ceremony took place on the 4th of June, 2010 in London England. It was widely commented that weather was unusually warm and shiny- far from being common to London. Curious fact is that for the christening of the Odyssey ship, the weather in "sunny" Venice Italy was terribly rainy. The godmother of Sojourn is Twiggy - an undoubted fashion icon of the 60's.
- The maiden voyage began on the 6th of June. It was a Northern European cruise from London with ports in Baltic Sea (Scandinavia) and Iceland. That year was a cause of concern for Iceland cruise travelers as the country posed them with some volcanoes related problems. A volcanologist was invited on board Sojourn to share some of his expert knowledge with the Inaugural Cruise passengers.
- Seabourn Sojourn is among the top-luxury World Cruise ships offering each year an Around The World itinerary. It includes numerous exotic ports of call in Asia, Aistralia, South America, USA, Caribbean, Africa, also Transatlantic crossings, Panama Canal and/or Suez Canal transits.
Alaskan cruise itineraries
On June 1, 2017, with Seabourn Sojourn. the company operated its first cruises in Alaska (since 2002). The ship's Alaska cruise 2017 program included a series of oneways and roundtrips leaving from Vancouver Canada and Seward (Anchorage) Alaska.
The following table shows the "inaugural" 25-night / 26-day roundtrip Vancouver itinerary (themed "Exploration Of The Last Frontier") as ports sequence and port times. Suite prices started from around USD 400 per night.
|01 Jun||Departing from Vancouver, BC Canada|
|03 Jun 08:00 - 23:00||Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska|
|05 Jun 08:00 - 17:00||Wrangell, Alaska|
|06 Jun 08:00 - 17:00||Sitka, Baranof Island, Alaska|
|08 Jun 08:00 - 18:00||Haines, Alaska|
|09 Jun 08:00 - 23:00||Juneau, Alaska|
|10 Jun 07:00 - 17:00||Glacier Bay, Alaska|
|12 Jun 07:00 - 20:00||Seward, Alaska|
|15 Jun 14:00 - 20:00||Icy Strait Point, Hoonah, Alaska|
|16 Jun 08:00 - 22:00||Juneau, Alaska|
|17 Jun 08:00 - 18:00||Haines, Alaska|
|19 Jun 10:00 - 18:00||Sitka, Baranof Island, Alaska|
|20 Jun 08:00 - 17:00||Wrangell, Alaska|
|22 Jun 08:00 - 22:00||Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska|
|23 Jun 08:00 - 18:00||Prince Rupert, Kaien Island, BC Canada|
|24 Jun 08:00 - 17:00||Klemtu, Swindle Island, BC Canada|
|25 Jun 06:00 - 16:00||Alert Bay, Cormorant Island, BC Canada|
|26 Jun||Arriving in Vancouver, BC Canada|
In 2017, the ultra-luxury Seabourn cruise line offered an exceptional series of 11-, 12- and 14-day long voyages. The unique itineraries combined all the most popular Alaskan ports, most of which are rarely visited by cruise vessels. All deals were inclusive of professionally guided seakayaking and Zodiac tours led by world-class expedition teams.
Seabourn Sojourn - user reviews and comments
Photos of Seabourn SojournAdd Photo
Seabourn Sojourn ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn returns to Asia late 2018-early 2019 via a schedule of cruises aboard its newest vessel, Seabourn Ovation. From the natural beauty of...September 10, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn received approval to begin cruises to Cuba from Miami FL and San Juan, Puerto Rico. First in line is a 12-day voyage aboard Seabourn Sojourn...August 10, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn announced its 146-day World Cruise 2020: Extraordinary Destinations package. During the first 5 months of the year, Seabourn's Sojourn will...July 18, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean diverted its Ovation of the Seas, from Boracay port visit as the Philippines Government closed the island to tourism. A number of...April 14, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The ultra-luxury cruise line Seabourn announced major enhancements to the passenger experience onboard Seabourn Sojourn, including the addition...January 13, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The finest ultra-luxury cruise line in the world, Seabourn, offers new Extended Explorations cruises onboard Seabourn Sojourn during her fall 2018...August 12, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Luxury cruise line Mundy Cruising announced a 357-day world cruise itinerary that will hit all 7 continents. Passengers won’t...October 11, 2016
- show more news
Other Seabourn cruise ships
Seabourn Sojourn Itineraries
The below listed Seabourn Sojourn cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Seabourn fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Oct 15||129 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Cape Town||Los Angeles|
|2018 Oct 15||107 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Mahe Island||Los Angeles|
|2018 Oct 15||57 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Sydney||Los Angeles|
|2018 Oct 15||35 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Auckland||Los Angeles|
|2018 Nov 02||17 days, one-way from Papeete to Auckland||Papeete|
|2018 Nov 19||58 days, one-way from Auckland to Singapore||Auckland|
|2018 Nov 19||22 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland|
|2018 Dec 11||72 days, one-way from Sydney to Cape Town||Sydney|
|2018 Dec 11||36 days, one-way from Sydney to Singapore||Sydney||$10499|
|2018 Dec 11||16 days, one-way from Sydney to Fremantle||Sydney||$5499|
|2018 Dec 27||20 days, one-way from Fremantle to Singapore||Fremantle|
|2019 Jan 16||48 days, one-way from Singapore to Cape Town||Singapore|
|2019 Jan 16||36 days, one-way from Singapore to Cape Town||Singapore||$15499|
|2019 Jan 16||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Mahe Island||Singapore||$7499|
|2019 Jan 30||22 days, one-way from Mahe Island to Cape Town||Mahe Island||$11499|
|2019 Feb 21||12 days, round-trip South Africa & The Skeleton Coast||Cape Town||$4999|
|2019 Mar 05||94 days, one-way from Cape Town to Vancouver||Cape Town|
|2019 Mar 05||72 days, one-way from Cape Town to Kobe||Cape Town||$31499|
|2019 Mar 05||54 days, one-way from Cape Town to Shanghai||Cape Town||$16999|
|2019 Mar 05||36 days, one-way from Cape Town to Singapore||Cape Town||$11999|
|2019 Mar 05||20 days, one-way from Cape Town to Male||Cape Town||$6999|
|2019 Mar 25||34 days, one-way from Male to Shanghai||Male||$10799|
|2019 Mar 25||16 days, one-way from Male to Singapore||Male||$5999|
|2019 Apr 10||58 days, one-way from Singapore to Vancouver||Singapore|
|2019 Apr 10||36 days, one-way from Singapore to Kobe||Singapore||$16999|
|2019 Apr 10||18 days, one-way from Singapore to Shanghai||Singapore||$5999|
|2019 Apr 28||40 days, one-way from Shanghai to Vancouver||Shanghai||$14899|
|2019 Apr 28||18 days, one-way from Shanghai to Kobe||Shanghai||$10999|
|2019 May 16||22 days, one-way from Kobe to Vancouver||Kobe||$5999|
|2019 Jun 07||11 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$4999|
|2019 Jun 18||14 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$5899|
|2019 Jul 02||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Alaska & Inside Passage||Vancouver||$6499|
|2019 Jul 14||11 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$5999|
|2019 Jul 25||14 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$5999|
|2019 Aug 08||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Alaska & Inside Passage||Vancouver||$5799|
|2019 Aug 20||11 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$4999|
|2019 Aug 31||14 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$5399|
|2019 Sep 14||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Alaska & Inside Passage||Vancouver||$5299|
|2019 Sep 26||20 days, one-way from Vancouver to Los Angeles||Vancouver||$7199|
|2019 Sep 26||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Alaska & Inside Passage||Vancouver||$5299|
|2019 Oct 08||39 days, one-way from Vancouver to Miami||Vancouver||$16499|
|2019 Oct 08||27 days, one-way from Vancouver to Miami||Vancouver||$9999|
|2019 Oct 08||8 days, one-way from Vancouver to Los Angeles||Vancouver||$2699|
|2019 Oct 16||31 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Miami||Los Angeles||$13799|
|2019 Oct 16||19 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Miami||Los Angeles||$7999|
|2019 Nov 04||12 days, round-trip Stars Of The Cuban Sky||Miami||$6499|
|2019 Nov 16||12 days, round-trip Stars Of The Cuban Sky||Miami||$5999|
|2019 Nov 28||12 days, round-trip Stars Of The Cuban Sky||Miami||$5999|
|2019 Dec 10||25 days, round-trip Grand Cuban Holinight||Miami||$11999|
|2019 Dec 10||11 days, one-way from Miami to San Juan||Miami||$5499|
|2019 Dec 21||14 days, one-way from San Juan to Miami||San Juan||$7999|
|2020 Jan 04||145 days, one-way from Miami to San Francisco||Miami||$66999|
|2020 Jan 04||116 days, one-way from Miami to Sydney||Miami||$52999|
|2020 Jan 04||78 days, one-way from Miami to Singapore||Miami||$33999|
|2020 Jan 04||39 days, one-way from Miami to Cape Town||Miami||$16999|
|2020 Feb 12||106 days, one-way from Cape Town to San Francisco||Cape Town||$49499|
|2020 Feb 12||77 days, one-way from Cape Town to Sydney||Cape Town||$35999|
|2020 Feb 12||39 days, one-way from Cape Town to Singapore||Cape Town||$17499|
|2020 Mar 22||67 days, one-way from Singapore to San Francisco||Singapore||$29999|
|2020 Mar 22||38 days, one-way from Singapore to Sydney||Singapore||$17499|
|2020 Apr 29||29 days, one-way from Sydney to San Francisco||Sydney||$12899|