Seward Cruise Port is located approximately 125 miles from Anchorage, direction South. Seward is cited at the Resurrection Bay’s head on the Kenai Peninsula. Seward Cruise Port is used as Embarktion or disembarkation port by many cruise lines like Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Silversea Cruises, Regent Seven Seas Cruises and Holland America Line.
The Whitter Cruise Port is closer to Anchorage but Seward offers more exiting entertainment options and more sightseeing. It is one of the oldest and most charming places to visit in Alaska.
Seward Alaska was included as port of call in the Northwest Passage cruises of the following passenger ships:
- Crystal Serenity - 32-days itinerary from Seward Alaska to NYC New York (2016 - August 16 to September 16)
- Crystal Serenity - 32-days itinerary 32-days Seward to New York City (2017 - August 15 to September 15)
- Seven Seas Navigator - 63-days itinerary from Miami Florida to Montreal Quebec (2017 - June 17 to August 18)
- Note: All Northwest Passage ship transits are assisted by a Canadian icebreaker or other vessel with an ice-strengthened hull.
Highlights: Alaska SeaLife Center, Kenai Fjords National Park, Exit Glacier
Seward cruise terminal
Seward Cruise Port is the start or the end for more than a half of all the cruise passengers in Alaska.
The terminal is located half a mile away from the town center. You won’t find anything interesting around the wharf but the Seward’s historic downtown district is in within walking distance. There you can visit fine art galleries or buy quaint souvenirs.
The nearest airport is the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport. You will need 3 hrs to reach it by a motor coach and up to 5 hrs by train. The train departs at 6:45AM from Anchorage and arrives at 11:15 AM in Seward. From Seward it departs at 6:00PM and arrives at 11:05PM in Anchorage.
If you prefer a car, you can rent from Hertz and drive 127 miles along the Seward Highway (or Alaska Routes 1 and 9).
Seward tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Alaska SeaLife Center: discover amazing sea life on the Resurection Bay shores. This aquarium is a world-class facility with octopus, sea lions, puffins and much more interesting ocean creatures. You will see 177 kinds of species.
- Major Marine Tours: try the Kenai Fjords or Prince William Sound cruise. Enjoy glaciers, whales, puffins and otters.
- Sunny Cove Sea Kayaking: Resurrection Bay tours for kayakers, both novice and experienced ones.
- Kenai Fjords National Park: located on the the Harding Ice Field fjordland. It is among the newest parks in Alaska. The distance from Seward Cruise Port is about an hour.
- Exit Glacier: it is located 10 miles away from Seward Cruise Terminal. This is among the Alaska’s more accessible glaciers.
- Lost Lake: try the most beautiful and popular Kenai Penisula trail – try mountain biking, running or just hiking to reach elevation of almost 200 ft to enjoy breathtaking Resurrection Bay and Gulf of Alaska views.
- Resurrection River Trail: another great trail to try. It is easy and beautiful, Chugach National Forest part.
- Seward Community Library: located across from the State Building. You can watch a movie or a slide show of the earthquake from 1964. also you will find the Seward Heirloom Quilt which dates from 1976. Located at the corner of Adams and Fifth.
- Seward Museum: discover great exhibitions of native relics and artifacts. It is located at the corner of Jefferson and Third.
- Qutekcak Cultural & Community Center: located on 3rd Ave. Discover the Qutekcak Native Tribe traditions and history.
The Seward cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Seward, Alaska.
If you lose the Seward location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Seward cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Seward, Alaska. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
18 May, 2017
21 May, 2017
26 May, 2017
28 May, 2017
31 May, 2017
Following the success of its first-ever Northwest Passage cruise in 2016, Crystal Serenity will traverse the waterway once again this August...February 3, 2017
Crystal Cruises engaged 21 guest experts specialized in polar history, geology, marine biology, culture and other appealing fields for its first...July 26, 2016
Work is being carried out to investigate what killed a juvenile fin whale discovered on bow of a cruise ship entering an Alaskan port. The cause of...May 31, 2016
- show more news