Anthem of the Seas current position
Specifications of Anthem of the Seas
|Year built||2015 / Age: 5|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||EUR 750 million (USD 940 million)|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Operator||Royal Caribbean International|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||348 m / 1142 ft|
|Beam (width)||49 m / 161 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||167800 gt|
|Passengers||4168 - 4825|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Sister-ships||Ovation OTS, Quantum OTS|
|Christened by||Emma Wilby|
Anthem of the Seas Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Dec 07||12 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Cruise||New York||$1455|
|2020 Dec 19||8 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$1319|
|2020 Dec 27||8 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$1750|
|2021 Jan 04||11 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Cruise||New York||$3425|
|2021 Jan 15||11 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Cruise||New York||$1438|
|2021 Jan 26||11 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Cruise||New York||$3805|
|2021 Feb 06||8 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$1117|
|2021 Feb 14||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$1172|
|2021 Feb 21||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$1076|
|2021 Feb 28||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$1942|
|2021 Mar 07||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$1295|
|2021 Mar 14||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$1871|
|2021 Mar 28||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$1091|
|2021 Apr 04||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$1831|
|2021 Apr 11||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$832|
|2021 Apr 18||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$2141|
|2021 Apr 25||12 days, one-way from New York to Southampton||New York||$870|
|2021 May 07||7 days, round-trip City Break Explorer Cruise||Southampton||$709|
|2021 May 14||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords Cruise||Southampton||$2189|
|2021 May 21||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords Cruise||Southampton||$860|
|2021 May 28||7 days, round-trip France Spain Cruise||Southampton||$1238|
|2021 Jun 04||7 days, round-trip City Break Explorer Cruise||Southampton||$729|
|2021 Jun 11||9 days, round-trip Ultimate Norwegian Fjords Cruise||Southampton||$1579|
|2021 Jun 20||14 days, round-trip Mediterranean Cities Cruise||Southampton||$2699|
|2021 Jul 04||12 days, round-trip Discover The Canaries Cruise||Southampton||$4493|
|2021 Jul 16||8 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords Cruise||Southampton||$1379|
|2021 Jul 24||14 days, round-trip Mediterranean Beaches Cities||Southampton||$2929|
|2021 Aug 07||8 days, round-trip City Break Explorer Cruise||Southampton||$1700|
|2021 Aug 15||14 days, round-trip Mediterranean Beaches Cities||Southampton||$2299|
|2021 Aug 29||7 days, round-trip France Spain Cruise||Southampton||$1030|
|2021 Sep 05||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords Cruise||Southampton||$1199|
|2021 Sep 12||11 days, round-trip Food Wine Experience Cruise||Southampton||$1229|
|2021 Sep 23||9 days, round-trip Super City Break Cruise||Southampton||$1279|
|2021 Oct 02||7 days, round-trip France, Spain Portugal Cruise||Southampton||$988|
|2021 Oct 09||11 days, round-trip Discover The Canaries Cruise||Southampton||$2259|
|2021 Oct 20||10 days, one-way from Southampton to New York||Southampton||$2899|
|2021 Oct 30||8 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$2038|
|2021 Nov 07||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$629|
|2021 Nov 14||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$629|
|2021 Nov 21||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$1621|
|2021 Nov 28||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$848|
|2021 Dec 05||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$848|
|2021 Dec 12||12 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Cruise||New York||$818|
|2021 Dec 24||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$1493|
|2021 Dec 31||9 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||New York||$2990|
|2022 Jan 09||11 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Cruise||New York||$1379|
|2022 Jan 20||11 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Cruise||New York||$2729|
|2022 Jan 31||11 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Cruise||New York||$1015|
|2022 Feb 11||9 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||New York||$839|
|2022 Feb 20||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$819|
|2022 Feb 27||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$679|
|2022 Mar 06||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$673|
|2022 Mar 13||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$1348|
|2022 Mar 27||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$1708|
|2022 Apr 03||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$1673|
|2022 Apr 10||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$929|
|2022 Apr 17||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$699|
|2022 Apr 24||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||New York||$949|
Anthem of the Seas Review
Review of Anthem of the Seas
Launched in 2015, Anthem of the Seas cruise ship is the 2nd Quantum-class Royal Caribbean vessel, with sisterships Quantum OTS (2014) and Ovation OTS (2016). Similarly designed are the "Quantum Ultra-Class" Spectrum OTS (2019) and Odyssey OTS (2020). Next is shown a Quantum-class ship as looked from above.
History - construction and ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is a US company, trademarked brand and subsidiary owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL, shipowner). RCI was established in 1968 and currently has over 1/5 of the worldwide cruise market. RCI also has RCCL's largest fleet as both numbers of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). All Royal Caribbean liners have names ending with "of the Seas".
The 167,800-ton, 4,905-passenger cruise ship Anthem of the Seas is a next-generation Quantum Class ship. The name of the vessel comes from a song of praise and reveals many of the best qualities and features of Royal Caribbean International. The size of the Quantum-class cruise ships is significantly decreased, compared to the Oasis Class ships of the line.
Cruise itinerary program
Anthem of the Seas has a total of 2090 cabins (of which 194 Suites, 1570 Balcony rooms, 373 Interior, 28 studios /single occupancy) in 43 grades. Most Anthem of the Seas staterooms are balcony and 100-185-sq.foot insides. The largest aboard Anthem of the Seas is the Royal Loft Suite (152 m2). The new “Royal Suite Class” booking category (suite accommodations only) provides Anthem's highest paying passengers with the ultimate all-inclusive cruise experience of Royal Caribbean, marked by Coastal Kitchen exclusive access, 24-hour personal butler service, included gratuities, all-inclusive drinks, free Internet and thermal suite unlimited access. Anthem of the Seas was also designed with 34 wheelchair-accessible cabins and 373 virtual balconies (the interior features real-time views of the ocean and destinations). Compared to the Oasis-class ships, guests can enjoy larger staterooms, more family-connected cabins and new studio staterooms (for solo travellers).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Passengers on Anthem of the Seas are offered plenty of dining options to choose from (25 onboard dining options, of which 14 complimentary), with multiple choices for light bites as well. Reservations for all restaurants can be made online ahead of the cruise. Though not required, reservations are definitely recommended to ensure guests get to eat where they want, when they want. Food and service at the main restaurants, Silk, Chic, American Icon and The Grande, is varied and offers an array of experiences. Anthem provides 200 seats more than Quantum among its main dining rooms. Additionally, more waiters have been assigned to address complaints about service. Each of the four main restaurants already has two versions of the menu, with regional dishes also been added.
Follows the complete list of Anthem of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- The Grande (one of the four dining rooms; offers DreamWorks themed breakfast, two fixed dinner seatings and "My Time Dining")
- Chic Restaurant (one of the four dining rooms)
- American Icon Grill (one of the four dining rooms)
- The Silk (Asian cuisine, one of the four dining rooms)
- La Patisserie (speciality coffee and teas bar; offers fresh-made pastries and sweets)
- Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine
- Johnny Rockets (fast food restaurant, complimentary)
- Windjammer Marketplace buffet restaurant (offers Early Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., Breakfast between 7:00-11:30 a.m., Lunch 11.30-3:30 p.m. and Dinner 6.30-9:00 p.m.)
- Chops Grille (steakhouse/seafood)
- Chef’s Table (14-guest capacity, gourmet private dining package)
- Sorrento’s (Italian restaurant)
- Jamie's Italian Restaurant (menu, deck 5) is a 132-seat speciality trattoria restaurant (at surcharge USD 30 pp dinner, USD 20 pp lunch/sea days only) via a partnership with British celebrity chef Jamie Oliver,
- Izumi (73-seat Asian/Japanese restaurant)
- The Cafe @ Two70° (casual dining marketplace)
- Coastal Kitchen (Suite passengers only restaurant)
- Solarium Bistro (healthy dining menu, ex-“Devinly Decadence”)
- SeaPlex Dog House (complimentary)
- Anthem was the first Quantum-class ship on which in 2017 was introduced the new Royal Caribbean speciality dining package.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Anthem OTS (and all Quantum-Class liners) feature as unique facilities "iFly by RipCord" (skydiving simulator at a fee, reservations are required) and "North Star" (jewel-shaped glass capsule) rising 300 ft (92 m) above sea level for 360-degree views above the ship. North Star is at a fee and also can be privately booked (for special events). At "iFly by RipCord", each passenger is fitted with goggles, helmet and jumpsuit before jumping into the chamber (1-min sessions). These vessels also have Bionic Bar where "bartending robots" mix up cocktails ordered via a tablet.
The Royal Theater hosts the major production show onboard the Anthem, "We Will Rock You", a 90-minute musical which sets Queen's greatest hits to a story set in the future. The result is an exceptional show and spectacular event that makes everyone want to sing and dance along. The Anthem cruise ship boasts with the DreamWorks Experience - themed programming via a partnership with Walt Disney Company. This new entertainment program is aimed at families and offers movies-themed DreamWorks activities on select RCI ships within the fleet. The list of special activities includes characters meet and greets (of course, plus photo ops).
Additional amenities include: Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Supervised Youth programs (Adventure Ocean, Royal Babies, Royal Tots, Dream Works experience), Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry.
Follows the complete list of Anthem of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Royal Theater (1299-seat, features 3D Movies, aerial acrobatic performances and Broadway-style productions)
- Music Hall (2-deck high live entertainment venue)
- Two70° Lounge (3-deck high relaxation observation lounge with live entertainment)
- Photo Gallery and Shop; SeaTrek Shop (diving equipment)
- Diamond Club Lounge and Bar (past guests only); Concierge Club and Lounge (suite- and past guests only); Card Room
- Brass and Bock Pub (former Michael’s Genuine Pub), Bionic Bar, NorthStar Bar
- The Via (an area between the boutique shops and restaurants on deck 5; with the Vintages wine bar, Port Merchants and Jamie’s)
- Casino Royale
- Outdoor Movie Screen
- Cafe Promenade (24-hour; serves snacks and drinks, as well as Starbucks speciality coffee)
- Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center; 10 jacuzzis (2 are cantilevered); 4 pools
- Solarium lounge (includes Solarium Cafe, pool bar and adults-only pool area); Solarium Bar
- Video Games Arcade; The Living Room and Night Club teen areas; Royal Babies and Tots Nursery; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area; Workshop (family venue); H2O Zone family and kids area
- SeaPlex (sports complex, with roller-skating, bumper cars, circus school, full-sized basketball court); North Star; FlowRider (surf simulator); RipCord by iFly; Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall.
Anthem of the Seas - user reviews and comments
Photos of Anthem of the SeasAdd Photo
Anthem of the Seas ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The world's 3rd-largest cruise shipowner - NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line - is sending a proportion of its North America-homeported cruise ships to Europe...August 17, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Beginning on Friday, June 12, and ending on June 28, a total of 11 cruise ships will call at Port Mumbai India to disembark 10,000+ Indian crew stuck...June 13, 2020
- Cruise Industry
In early-May 2020, RCI-Royal Caribbean developed a plan to repatriate the fleet's all non-essential crew by using 12x RCI liners - Adventure OTS...May 4, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Cruises have a rough time as the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to severely impact the global tourism industry. All major cruise lines have been...April 15, 2020
A Royal Caribbean ship finally set sail on Monday, February 10, from Port Cape Liberty NJ-NYC after a coronavirus scare had kept the vessel docked...February 11, 2020
A crew member on a Royal Caribbean ship that was delayed in New Jersey after quarantined passengers were screened for Coronavirus was found dead on...February 9, 2020
A Royal Caribbean ship with 12 quarantined passengers (due to possible Coronavirus infection) docked in Port Cape Liberty NJ-NYC. Anthem of the...February 7, 2020
A passenger suffering "severe abdominal issues" was taken off Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas late Saturday night, December 28, by a Coast Guard...December 30, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Eagles fans will probably not miss March 21-28, 2021, Eagles Fan Cruise aboard Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas. In a promo video, former...December 22, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean’s 2021-2022 season will bring passengers the biggest Caribbean adventure ever. Vacationers will benefit from shorter...November 24, 2019
- show more news
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Anthem of the Seas Wiki
Anthem is RCI's second Quantum-class vessel, with sisterships Quantum of the Seas (2014) and Ovation of the Seas (2016). On February 11, 2011, vessel’s order (coded “Project Sunshine”) was announced by the shipowner Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL). The liner represents a new passenger ship class of all three units, the first of which (Quantum) was delivered in October 2014, and the third (Ovation) in April 2016. On February 29, 2012, RCCL announced Anthem’s order. On January 31, 2013, the new ship class was officially named “Quantum Class”. On this day were also officially announced the names of the first two vessels – Quantum and Anthem.
On February 10, 2014, Royal Caribbean announced that Anthem's itinerary program will feature a total of 19 European cruises (in the Mediterranean Sea) visiting the Riviera regions of Spain, France and Italy, and also the Canaries.
On February 21, 2015, the vessel was launched (floated out from drydock) at Meyer Weft shipyard. Followed outfitting and the conveyance on River Ems to the North Sea / Baltic Sea for sea trials. On April 20, 2015, was ship's christening ceremony in port Southampton, England. Ship's godmother is Emma Wilby - a UK cruise travel agent working for Thomson UK (Marella). She was chosen via an RCI-held competition.
Anthem's "Inaugural Cruise" started on April 22, 2015. The 8-day roundtrip itinerary from Southampton visited ports in France and Spain, with feature call on Le Havre-Paris. On April 18, started the "Pre-Inaugural" 2-day cruise to nowhere from Southampton (roundtrip itinerary without any ports of call).
In May 2017, Philippa Charlotte Middleton (younger sister of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge / wife of Prince William) was given her own Suite on the ship for her honeymoon with James Matthews. The couple married on May 20, 2017. Royal Caribbean specifically designed the themed "Pippa Suite" (adjacent to the ship's Royal Loft Suite (deck 9). Pipa Suite had blue plush furnishings, with lilac throws and cushions. The suite as amenities offered a sunrise yoga station, smoothie machine, golden goose ornaments, Royal Genie butler service (dedicated Principal of British Butler Institute-trained staff). The royal couple was on a Southern Caribbean itinerary roundtrip from NYC to St Lucia Island, Barbados and Antigua. After the Anthem cruise, the couple flew to St Bart's on James' private jet.
The list of the Quantum-class new features includes:
- "virtual balcony cabins" - Inside cabins with floor-to-ceiling high-definition TVscreen for a real-time oceanview
- Bionic Bar (capacity 2 drinks per minute) uses 2 robotic arms to prepare mixed beverages (muddled, stirred, shaken and strained). Those can be ordered via an app (tablets or smartphones). Orders are displayed on large LED screens around the bar. The robotic bartenders use 30 different spirits and 21 mixers (8 sodas, 6 juices, 3 syrups, sugar, mint, limes, lemons).
- Two70° 3-decks high lounge (with a cafe, ice bar, used for Cirque productions and as disco club at night)
- SeaPlex (full-size basketball court, roller-skating arena, bumper cars)
- "RipCord by iFLY" (skydiving simulator) - height 23 ft / 7 m
- "NorthStar" - complimentary observation capsule on a rotating arm.
- vessel width: 162 ft (49 m), waterline width 136 ft (41 m)
- virtual balcony's LED screen is 80-inch 4K (ultra high-definition)
- jogging track length 436 ft (133 m)
- North Star's height is 300 ft (92 m) and turns every 15 min.
- SeaPlex' bumper cars are 15
- On each voyage, the ship is loaded with fresh fruit (25 tons), fresh vegetables (36 tons), fish (10 tons), eggs (79,000), still water (22,200 L), sparkling water (12,000 L).
- In the vessel's construction were used 37,000 tons of steel, 346 tons of glass. It took 41,600 man hours to build it.
- Engines/power: two Wartsila diesel (type 12V46F, power output 14400 kW each), two Wartsila diesel (type 16V46F, power output 19200 kW each), two Caterpillar engines (type 3516C HD (power output 2500 kW each)
- Diesel-electric propulsion: two ABB thrusters (type Azipod XO, power output 20,5 MW each), plus four Brunvoll bow thrusters (type FU115, power output 3500 kW each)
- A signature feature of the vessel is the top-deck located giant Giraffe statue (named Gigi) with weight 4 tons.
- Ship's first Captain was Srecko Ban.
All Quantum-class ships don't have the top-deck Viking Crown observation lounge and the ice skating rink. There are also differences in the Royal Promenade (shopping mall area). Entertainment options are brand new, with many "firsts at sea" present in the line's brochures.
Anthem of the Seas User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review