Chinese Taishan Review and Specifications
Specifications of Chinese Taishan
|Year built||2000 / Age : 17|
|Builder||Blohm+Voss (Hamburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 150 million|
|Owner||Bohai Ferry Company|
|Speed||27 kn / 50 kph / 31 mph|
|Length (LOA)||181 m / 594 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||24430 gt|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Former names||Olympic Voyager, Voyager, Grand Voyager, Costa Voyager|
|Christened by||Miranda Krestovnikoff|
Review of Chinese Taishan
In 2014, the Costa Voyager ship was sold to its current shipowner - the Chinese passenger shipping line “Bohai Ferry Co Ltd” for USD 43,68 million. The vessel then received its current name - “Chinese Taishan”.
History - construction & ownership
The 24,430-ton, 920-passenger cruise ship Chinese Taishan is the fastest ship in the world. Built in Germany, the ship was formerly part of Royal Olympic fleet as Olympic Voyager (2000-2004) and Ibero fleet as Grand Voyager (2004-2011). Voyager's debut for Costa Cruises was in December 2011 as a small and elegant, perfect for real intimate sea experience vessel. Due to the vessel’s exceptional speed, passengers are going to enjoy longer port stays, securing more time to participate in shore excursions and get a more in-depth local experience.
Cruise itinerary program
Dining options - Food & Drinks
MV Chinese Taishan offers restaurants, Tea Houses, Karaoke Rooms, 24-hour room service.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
The Chinese Taishan ship is not crowded and features great atmosphere for personal time and relax, due to outdoor swimming pools and physiotherapy rooms. The cruise ship offers facilities like wellness center, kids’ area, casino, cards room, library, disco club and theater with daily live performances.
The ex-Costa Voyager cruise ship is an exquisite and welcoming vessel, convenient and inviting, stylish and inspiring despite its capacity. Taishan's miniature size makes it easy for passengers to manage their way around on board and fellow cruisers become instant friends.
Chinese Taishan wiki
- Cabin grades number: 9
- Total number of cabins: 418 (of which 28 Suite, 12 Balcony, 126 Inside rooms).
- Amenities: complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service & Babysitting, Supervised Children Program, Internet, Laundry.
- Costa Voyager's sister is mv Explorer (now Celestyal Nefeli).
- Chinese Taishan (former Costa Voyager) cruise ship is currently the fastest in the world. Its cruising speed is 28 kn / 32 mph / 52 kmh. The small and elegant vessel was previously known as "Grand Voyager" (part of the Royal Olympic's and the Iberocruceros' fleets).
- The Voyager ship was transferred from the ibero Cruises fleet to sail exclusively the "Corals & Ancient Treasures" (Red Sea) cruise itinerary. However, due to Costa Allegra's fire incident, this ship has temporarily suspended its current itinerary to assume all of the Allegra's itineraries.
- Voyager debuted as one of the Costa cruise ships in December 2011. This was the ideal vessel for a intimate "small ship" cruising vacation. She's smaller than a regular cruise vessel, with an atmosphere for a great relax. The ship is not crowded, giving its passengers the more personal experience with lots of space. Staterooms are large, some are panoramic and with private balconies. This relatively small ship offers a variety of onboard activities - from reading in the library to gambling at the casino. Other modern features are the wellness center, designated places for kids, a special room for playing cards. The onboard theater offers every day live performances. In the late hours guests can try the disco club.
- In February 2014, after a 3-year service with the Italian line, Costa Voyager ship was sold for USD 43,7 million to the Bohai Ferry Company (Yantai), and renamed "Chinese Taishan".