Review of Oasis Of The Seas deck 15 (Sports-Pools-Teens-Waterslides)
- The fore-located Solarium is the ship’s adults-only relaxation complex spanning on 2 decks and covered by a glass rooftop. The complex features its own cafe/bistro, bar, thalassotherapy pool (round-shaped, tiered, with fountains and jets), 2 large whirlpools, sunbathing area (deck
chairs, loungers, daybeds, live plants for decoration). The adults retreat is served with drinks by the Solarium Bar (a light-fare cafe). There is a 24-hour beverage station for complimentary drinks (coffee, tea, iced tea, flavored waters).
- Solarium Bistro (128 seats) is a complimentary cafe restaurant serving with fresh juices and light-fare food the adults deck. The Bistro offers buffet-style Breakfast (between 8 – 11 am /yogurt, oatmeal, granola, fruits, cold meats) and Lunch (12 – 3 pm). The lunch menu has appetizers (Yellowfin Tuna Sashimi, Mexican Shrimp Bowl, Mediterranean Ratatouille, Mushroom Risotto, Sea Scallops & Whitefish Ceviche), soups (with chicken, seafood, vegetarian), salads (vegetarian), entrees (pasta, salmon, tuna, fish filet, duck, lamb loin, bison tenderloin, pork filet, veal scaloppini), sides, fruits, desserts (all are low-fat, no-sugar-added). The menu also has a list of red and white wines (at extra charge /by the glass and bottle).
- Samba Grill (between 6 – 9:30 pm) in the evenings Solarium Bistro becomes a Brazilian steakhouse. Samba Grill is an all-you-can-eat churrascaria restaurant at surcharge US$30 per person. Meat choices are sirloin, filet, lamb, sausages, pork, bacon-wrapped chicken. Waiters are dressed as gauchos.
- Oasis ship’s pool deck area is divided into 4 quadrants, with a total of 9 large whirlpools (incl 2 double /cantilevered, infinity-type) and 3 swimming pools – Main Pool (portside), Beach Pool (starboard), Sports Pool (portside), each with an expansive sundeck for sunbathing and relaxation. There are all 4 poolside bars (Pool Bar-Sand Bar on deck 15, and Sky Bar-Mast Bar on deck 16). All poolside bars are outdoor (14 seats each) offering drinks and refreshments (frozens, soda, beer/buckets, wine, cocktails). Main Pool (freshwater) has tiered seating on one side. Beach Pool (saltwater) has a sloped entry and shaded seating (umbrellas). Both pools are connected via Sky Walk bridge (deck 16). Sports Pool (freshwater) is reserved for lap swimming (morning) and for water sports (afternoon /volleyball, aerobics). Pool deck’s portside section is a smoking-allowed area.
- Waterslides Exit – Deck 15’s Beach Pool is also the exit for "The Perfect Storm" slides (entrance level on deck 18 forward). The Perfect Storm complex consists of the spiraling race-slides “Cyclone” and “Typhoon” (colored, respectively, in yellow and blue), and “Supercell” (colored in yellow and green).
- Sea Trek Shop (by the aft-portside elevators) sells professional water sports gear (diving and snorkeling equipment), some souvenirs and sun-related products. Here passengers can sign up for basic scuba diving classes and get PADI qualifications.
- Breeze Shop (by the aft-starboard elevators) sells poolwear/swimwear, sunglasses, books, crossword puzzles.
- Splashaway Bay (fka "H2O Zone ", open between 8 am - 8 pm) is ship's kids-only interactive aqua park (freshwater outdoor play area) designed for toddlers and small children. It has 1 “vortex” wave pool (round-shaped), 1 splash pool for babies (swim diapers allowed), 1 lazy-river pool, 3 mini slides (2 open/racing, 1 tubed), 2 whirlpools, 2 giant drench buckets. The splash zone is fitted with colorful sculptures, umbrella jets, fountains, waterfalls, water cannons, gazers, sprinklers, playground (with a huge jungle-gym / multi-platform), sunbathing area (with loungers and kid-size deckchairs). Near the water park are located self-service ice-cream vending machines (open 10 am - 6 pm). Nightly, Splashaway Bay transforms into a garden.
- Royal Babies & Tots Nursery is a Royal Caribbean signature babysitting facility. This dedicated nursery is for toddlers (babies 6 months to 3 years old, fully toilet trained) cared for by certified professional staff. Kids are entertained by specially designed programs with interactive playgroup sessions (Art for Tots), toys, bedtime stories. Daytime and evening babysitting is offered (an hourly fee applies). The RCI line’s “BABIES 2 GO” service allows pre-ordering Huggies products (diapers, wipes, cream) and Gerber (organic baby food) delivered to the cruise cabin/suite upon arrival and also throughout the Royal Caribbean cruise. Note: In-room babysitting for overage children is available (per hour fee applies) for up to 3 kids (within the same family. Advance reservations are required.
- Youth Zone (neighborhood) is a teenagers-dedicated complex (for children 12-17 yo) consisting of Fuel (56 seats /teen disco), Challengers (video arcade) and The Back Deck (outdoor sundeck /hangout area). Teen facilities are complimentary and supervised by dedicated staff. Teens are allowed to come and go as they please. Curfew hour is 1 am – unless accompanied by a parent/guardian. Teens (lead by a staff member) can dine at the Windjammer buffet instead with their parents. Royal Caribbean doesn’t offer teen-only shore excursions.
- Portside BBQ (fleet's first) is an a la carte restaurant serving authentic American barbecue favorites. The menu includes smoked marbled brisket, beef ribs, pulled pork, chicken, plus traditional sides (mac-and-cheese, cornbread, baked beans, coleslaw) and homemade desserts.
- Fuel Teen Disco is a nightclub for teenagers (15-17 yo) with dance floor, DJ booth, themed dance parties, daily Scratch DJ Academy (DJ classes).
- Challenger’s Video Arcade (at surcharge US$1,25 per game) has popular arcade machines, foosball (air hockey) tables, skee ball, ring toss. Daily are organized gaming competitions. Among the favorites are classics (like Pacman, Galaga), music (like DDR X, Guitar Hero), racers (like H2 Overdrive, Fast And Furious, Sega R-Tuned). There are also family games (like NickToons Nitro, Sega Rally 3) as parents are allowed to visit and play with their children.
- WipeOut Cafe (56 seats) is a complimentary fast-food bar for burgers, fries, hot dogs, pizza, chicken, sandwiches. It also has an ice cream vending machine. WipeOut Cafe is open for Breakfast (8 – 11 am, with omelet station) and Lunch (between 11:30 am – 3:30 pm). WipeOut Cafe also has a soft ice-cream station.
- Oasis Dunes is a 9-hole Mini Golf Course (complimentary, 24-hour open, equipment provided) with a Golf Simulator and a separate 4-hole golf course for kids.
- The full-size Sports Court can be used for playing basketball, volleyball, tennis, football/soccer, dodgeball. Daily are organized group game competitions. There is a glass-enclosed area for playing table tennis (ping pong).
Deck 15 changes after Royal Amplified 2019 refurbishment
- Solarium Cafe was renamed "Solarium Bistro". The adults-only Solarium complex was refreshed and two new whirlpools were added
- Forward-starboard was added "The Perfect Storm" (3-waterslides complex) with entry-level on deck 18 (forward).
- Midship, "Pool Bar" and "Sand Bar" were replaced by "The Lime and Coconut" (level 1 of 2). This new venue (outdoor poolside bar) offers beverages (including cocktails), DJ and live music performances.
- Swimming pools' sunbathing areas received more shaded seating, including daybeds, hammocks, swing seats, casitas (small wooden cabins).
- The H2O Zone (midship-starboard) was redesigned to "Splashaway Bay" (outdoor aqua park) with Splash Pad (for toddlers) with 3 waterslides and water attractions (cannons, fountains, pools) plus fleet's first drench buckets (2).
- Midship-aft-portside, The Living Room was replaced by "Portside BBQ". The Living Room (capacity 56 seats) was a teen-only club lounge fitted with PlayStations and Nintendo Wii gaming consoles (teens can bring their own games), large HDTV (for movies and gaming). Among the scheduled activities here were treasure hunts, talent shows, arts-crafts, video gaming tournaments, sports competitions, workshops/classes, trivia games, karaoke contests, themed parties, movie nights, planned visits to sports facilities (FlowRider, Sports Pool, Ice Skating Rink, Rock Climbing Wall).
- Midship-aft, the teen area (Fuel Disco, The Back Deck) was redesigned, while Wipe Out Cafe (midship-aft-starboard) was replaced by El Loco Fresh (made-to-order tacos, burritos, quesadillas, salads, salsas).