Review of Oasis Of The Seas deck 16 (Lido-Ultimate Abyss Slide)
- Windjammer Marketplace (capacity 719 seats) is a complimentary, self-service Lido buffet restaurant comprised of multiple different-cuisine food stations. Among those are cold/warm salads, soups, fresh panini (sandwiches), vegetarian dishes, fast-food (pizza, pasta, hot-dogs, burgers, french fries), cooked vegetables, sauces and toppings, breads, seafood (incl sushi), egg station (breakfast only, made-to-order omelettes and eggs), grill (lunch only, barbecue/carvery meats, cooked-to-order steaks), stir-fries (made-to-order), themed-cuisine specialties, fresh fruits, desserts (incl healthy choices), a separate gluten-free station. On themed evenings are offered Mexican, Indian, Asian and other international cuisine specialties. The lido buffet also has 24-hour operational beverage stations with complimentary drinks (milk, coffee, tea, instant hot chocolate, flavored waters, also juices at breakfast). Windjammer buffet is open for Breakfast (6:30 – 11 am), Lunch (11 am – 3:30 pm), Afternoon Tea/Snacks (4 – 5 pm) and Dinner (between 5:30 – 9 pm). Windjammer’s complimentary “sushi stations” open for dinner-only (at 6:30 pm). Designated chefs continuously prepare fresh sushi (cooked rolls variations, mostly of eel and tuna). There are no nigirizushi or sashimi (with raw meat) or made-to-order items.
- Solarium Bar (41 seats) serves the adults-only retreat with drinks and light fare. Once per cruise, the bar becomes “Club 20” (nightclub with DJ programming).
- Sky Bar (portside) and Mast Bar (starboard) are poolside beverage bars overlooking the main pool area (on deck 15 below). Both bars are outdoor, with small seating (6 seats each) and located on the Sky Walk – a walkway connecting portside-starboard. Both bars are often used for small-group themed events (incl single cruisers gatherings, cigar smoking, etc). Poolside bar menus have frozens, soft drinks, beer (beer buckets), wine, cocktails. This is smoking-allowed area.
- Wipe Out Bar (36 seats) is a complimentary cafe bar serving the FlowRider deck with drinks and fast-food (burgers, fries, hot dogs, pizza, chicken, sandwiches). There is a soft ice cream vending machine. WipeOut Cafe is open for Breakfast (8 – 11 am) and Lunch (11:30 am – 3:30 pm).
- Zip Line (length 82 ft / 25 m, stretched across the Atrium) is complimentary, with weight limit between 75-275 pounds (34-125 kg).
- Oasis OTS has two aft-located (portside/starboard) FlowRiders – the Royal Caribbean’s signature surf simulators. Pumps project high-speed water (20-30 mph / 30-50 kph) across a small area creating sheet waves (stationary waves) to simulate ocean surfing. FlowRiders were first created as land-based facilities and were implemented by Royal Caribbean for guests to enjoy traditional surfing and skimboarding on cruise ships. The Royal Caribbean FlowRider is a complimentary (cruise fare inclusive) facility and reservations are not required. Equipment (bodyboards, flowboards) is provided. Private surfing lessons are available for booking at additional cost per person. Groups are 6 to 8 guests. The FlowRider’s restrictions include min height (52″/132 cm to use bodyboard, 58″/147 cm to use flowboard). Not allowed are footwear, goggles, go-pro cams. Guests can surf at the simulator until they fall off the board. The facility is supervised by sports staff (safety, assistance, advice).
Deck 16 changes after Royal Amplified 2019 refurbishment
- Midship on Deck 16, The Lime and Coconut Bar (level 2 of 2) replaced the outdoor venues "Sky Bar" and "Mast Bar". In this sundeck area were also added two whirlpools.
- Aft on Deck 16 (entrance point) was installed the 10-story high waterslide "Ultimate Abyss" (introduced on Harmony OTS). Ultimate Abyss replaced here Wipe Out Bar.
Lido Deck is the entrance level for the 10-decks high Ultimate Abyss water-slide. The launch area is located all the way aft (accessible via stairs near Wipeout Cafe). Ultimate Abyss is the tallest slide at sea (height 150 ft / 46 m, length 216 ft / 66 m, water speed 9 mph / 14 kph). The slide ends at the AquaTheatre’s pool on deck 6 (aft).
Ultimate Abyss is a spiraling waterslide with 2 separate cylinders (symmetric to each other, each tube is 2,6 ft / 0,8 m in diameter) made of stainless steel and colored in purple. This is a vertical drop slide located in the Sports Zone’s pool (aft-ship location). The experience starts with a walk across a plank into the jaws of an anglerfish and boarding one of the specially-designed mats. Slide mats are colored in black, each with an opening for the feet and a strap to hold on to. Follows the vertical drop (27-degree) some 92 ft / 28 m down to the Boardwalk. The average sliding time (from the top to the bottom) is 12-13 sec. The slide also features around 300 LED lights, special sound effects and various graffiti artworks.