Review of Radiance Of The Seas deck 12 (Spa-Sports-Kids-Teens)
Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center (upper level 2) is the “ShipShape Spa” (open between 8 am – 10 pm). This level is divided into Beauty Salon (manicure/pedicure, hairdresser, barber, teeth whitening), treatment rooms (incl for acupuncture and couples massages), changing rooms (separate for men/women, each with steam and sauna), relaxation area (complimentary water, tea), Sauna/Steam Rooms, Rasul Room (mud treatments), Thermal Suite (heated ceramic beds, steam and dry heat /also used for private couples treatments). YSPA (teen spa) menu offers treatments and services for teenagers (ages 13-17) including facials, massages, nail and hair treatments.
- Sky Bar (24 seats) is an outdoor bar overlooking the pool deck and serving the sports deck with drinks and refreshments. Occasionally, at the Sky Bar can be held “Cigars under the Stars” (a themed night event for cigar smokers).
- Power Walking / Jogging Track is 2-lane (7 laps = 1 ml).
- Crown & Anchor Lounge / Next Cruise office (16 seats) is a centrally located quiet room (round-shaped) that features a large table of reinforced glass offering views of the Centrum all the way down to deck 4. Next Cruise office serves the Royal Caribbean line’s onboard cruise booking program by the Crown & Anchor Society (past guest loyalty program). The RCI loyalty program offers to its members exclusive (discount) cruise rates (vary by itinerary and cabin category), balcony/suite discounts, onboard booking bonus (savings transferred to future OBC /shipboard credit), early sales access (a day before the general sale).
- Aft on Sports Deck 12 are located all children facilities serving the Royal Caribbean’s “Adventure Ocean” program. All youth programs are complimentary and offer supervised, age-appropriate activities and pre-planned events. This huge area has several rooms dedicated to each age group – Aquanauts (3-5 yo, pagers for parents being provided), Explorers (6-8 yo), Voyagers (9-11 yo), Optix (Teen Disco & Club for teenagers 12-17 yo). Among the organized youth activities are treasure hunts, talent shows, arts-crafts, workshops/classes, PlayStation and Nintendo Wii gaming, family games, foosball, fun science experiments, sports tournaments and video game competitions, watching movies, themed parties, karaoke, trivia quizzes).
- Challenger’s (Video Arcade for kids and adults) is at surcharge US$1,25 per game. It has popular arcade machines and foosball tables (air hockey) and hosts daily gaming competitions. Among the favorites are classics (like Pacman, Galaga), music and dance (like DDR X, Guitar Hero), racers (like H2 Overdrive, Fast And Furious, Sega R-Tuned), family games (like NickToons Nitro, Sega Rally 3).
- Adventure Ocean (126 seats) is an indoor kids play room with video games, computers, toys, educational games.
- Adventure Beach (20 seats/loungers) is an outdoor kids playground (pool play area) with kids pool (round-shaped), waterslide and splash zone. To use the water-slide kids must be at least 3,8 ft / 117 cm tall (one kids at a time), able to swim and supervised by an adult at all times. at a time. The slide has its own exit near the splash area.
- Royal Babies & Tots Nursery is a Royal Caribbean signature babysitting facility. This dedicated nursery is for toddlers (babies 6 months to 3 years old, fully toilet trained) cared for by certified professional staff. Kids are entertained by specially designed programs with interactive playgroup sessions (Art for Tots), toys, bedtime stories. Daytime and evening babysitting is offered (an hourly fee applies). The RCI line’s “BABIES 2 GO” service allows pre-ordering Huggies products (diapers, wipes, cream) and Gerber (organic baby food) delivered to the cruise cabin/suite upon arrival and also throughout the Royal Caribbean cruise. Note: In-room babysitting for overage children is available (per hour fee applies) for up to 3 kids (within the same family. Advance reservations are required.
- Sports Court (a full-size Basketball Court) is complimentary, open 24 hours and also used for volleyball, tennis, football/soccer, scheduled daily tournaments. There are also Sports Deck (outdoor games area with shuffleboard) and a covered area with tennis tables (ping pong).
- Samba Grill (open between 6 – 9:30 pm, 70 seats) is a Brazilian steakhouse (all-you-can-eat churrascaria restaurant) at surcharge US$30 per person. Waiters are dressed as gauchos. This is a dinner-only specialty restaurant serving Brazilian cocktails, appetizers, roasted meats (carved off large skewers directly at the table) and desserts. There is an extensive self-service salad bar (breads, cheeses, antipasti, salmon, seafood). Meat choices include sirloin, beef tenderloin and ribs, lamb chops, pork sausages, pork loin, bacon-wrapped chicken breast. As sides are offered fries, grilled vegetables, salsa verde, tomato salsa. Among the specialty desserts are Puddim de leite, Arroz doce, corn pudding.