The Principality of Monaco located on the Mediterranean Sea is one of the smallest countries in the world, measuring less than one square mile (0,61 km2 / 0,234 ml2). The permanent population of Monte Carlo's ward is around 3,500 people, while that of the quarter is around 15,000.
- Prehistoric settlements' evidence have been discovered here, and later the Romans and Greeks established colonies. In the early part of 14th century, Grimaldi family bought Monaco from the Genoans and established a new government. A 50-year concession to operate Monte Carlo's casino gaming rooms was granted to a private individual in 1861. Since 1898 the concession has been operated by Societe des Bains de Mer, a private company, in which the government holds a majority interest.
- Monte Carlo (literally "Mount Charles") is located on an outstanding escarpment at the base of Maritime Alps along French Riviera. Close to the western end of the quarter lies the world-famous Place du Casino, a gambling center that has made the city "an international byword for the extravagant display and reckless dispersal of wealth". It's also the location of Hôtel de Paris, Café de Paris, and Salle Garnier (casino theatre which homes Opera de Monte-Carlo).
- The quarter's eastern part includes Larvotto community with the only public beach in Monaco, as well as the new convention center (Grimaldi Forum), and Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel and Resort. At the eastern border of the quarter, one crosses into the town of Beausoleil, France (sometimes called Monte-Carlo-Superieur), and just 8 km (5 ml) to its east is Italy's western border.
- Monte Carlo is the only city, known for its gambling casino and one of the leading tourist resorts in Europe. Highlights include the magnificent Palais du Prince and Grand Theatre de Monte Carlo within the casino complex, as well as the headquarters of Ballets de Monte Carlo. After Grace Kelly married Prince Ranier III, Americans became particularly enchanted with Monaco and today it's a popular destination due to its natural beauty. From here tourists can also visit Antibes, Eze, St.Paul de Vence, the villas of Cap Ferrat and Beaulieu.
- The list of French Riviera (Cote d'Azur) ports also includes Antibes, Bandol, Cannes, Cassis, Marseille, Sanary-sur-Mer, St Raphael, St Tropez, Toulon, Villefranche-sur-Mer (Nice).
Highlights: Casino, Royal Palace
Port Monte Carlo cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Monte Carlo, Monaco. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
The Monte Carlo cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Monte Carlo, Monaco.
If you lose the Monte Carlo location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.