Mumbai cruise port is the gateway to the amazing India. The city is known as the one that never sleeps. Mumbai (formerly Bombay) is a vibrant, pulsating place that attracts with its changing face. The city combines old India with the dynamic of the new. It is the most modern and developed are in India with trendy and cosmopolitan atmosphere.
Mumbai cruise port serves major cruise lines including P&O Cruises, Crystal Cruises, Costa Cruises and Holland America Line.
Highlights: City, Marine Drive, Museums
Mumbai cruise terminal
Mumbai cruise port terminal is located at the Mumbai Harbour. It is on the West end of the city and on the southern part of the estuary of Ulhas River. It is close to the major city highlights but it is recommended to use a transport, not walk. Taxis are not available at the terminal. There is a rank ten minutes away, walking distance.
Mumbai cruise port welcomed 27,827 passengers for the 2012-2013 cruising season. The total number of calls was 41. The International airport of Mumbai is 14 km away.
Mumbai cruise ship terminal is located at Ballard Pier. The building is dedicated with check-in, facilities for luggage handling, duty free shop, a lounge area, stalls for handicrafts and curios.
- There is a ferry wharf on shed 3 at Mumbai cruise port. It offers voyages to the historic Elephanta Island and some other beaches (located across).
- The development plan for Mumbai cruise port includes upgrading the existing terminal and building of new one with Convention Centre, Shopping Mall, Conference Hall and Marina. To make the city a gateway to international cruising tourism in India, the MbPT (Mumbai Port Trust) decided to build a massive passenger terminal at its docks. The approved plan for Rs 250-CR (crore project) features modern-design facilities and amenities, such as escalators, restaurants, shops, etc, similar (if not better) to those standard for airport terminals.
Mumbai tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Gateway of India: the most popular monument in Mumbai. The Gateway of India dates from 1924 and commemorates the King George V and Queen Mary visit. The monument is a British Raj era symbol. Located in walking distance from Mumbai cruise terminal, opposite of the Tower Hotel and Taj Palace.
- Mahalaxmi Dhobi Ghat: discover the city inside with the most popular laundry at open air. It is located next to railway station Mahalaxmi.
- Haji Ali: dates from 1431 and is both tomb and a mosque. Located in the central area of the city.
- Bollywood: Mumbai is the home of Bollywood. The film center is located in the western suburbs, in Goregaon.
- Kala Ghoda Art Precinct: the Black horse statue indicates the cultural center of Mumbai. The area includes the best museums and art galleries of the city. Interesting event in February is the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival. Located in the south part of the city, between Colaba and the Fort.
- Heritage Buildings: visit some of the most captivating architectural marvels like Prince of Wales Museum, the Bombay High Court, Victoria Terminus railway station and the Horniman Circle buildings. There is an open deck bus tour possibility.
The Mumbai cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Mumbai, Bombay, India.
If you lose the Mumbai location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Mumbai cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Mumbai, Bombay, India. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
12 May, 2017
14 May, 2017
To promote India's cruise tourism, the government developed terminals at 4 major ports — Cochin, Mumbai, Mormugao and Mangalore &mdash...February 11, 2017
In line with the plan to make the city of Mumbai the gateway to international cruising tourism in India, the MbPT (Mumbai Port Trust) decided to...November 27, 2016
Tomorrow, October 30 (Sunday), the season for cruise ships in India will start, in style. More than 2,000 passengers will sail on a luxury...October 29, 2016
India extended by 5 years an earlier relaxation from the so-called "cabotage law" granted to foreign-registered cruise line companies to...August 13, 2016
Costa Crociere S.p.A of Italy starts a cruise line service to Maldives on December 16 with Mumbai as a home port where services start and end...July 15, 2016
- show more news