Warnemunde/Berlin cruise port is the most popular cruise port for 2013 in Germany. It is located on the estuary of Warnow River, northeastern Germany. The Baltic sea’s shores are 13 away, direction South. Warnemude cruise port is operated by Rostock Port Development Company. Warnemunde is a seaside resort in the Rostock district. Rostock has a population of 200,000 people (as of 2003).
Berlin is two hours from Warnemunde cruise port by train. The closest large city is Schwerin.
Warnemunde/Berlin cruise port ship schedule includes Baltic Sea and North Sea cruises. The cruising season from Warnemunde/Berlin cruise port is from May to October.
In 2017, Warnemunde-Rostock cruise port had scheduled 38 different ships, 192 port calls and around 800,000 passengers. The season started on April 27 (AIDAdiva). First-time visiting ships were CMV Columbus (ex Pacific Pearl), MSC Magnifica, NCL Norwegian Getaway, Regent Seven Seas Explorer, MV Viking Sky. During summer 2017, AIDA Cruises homeported in Rostock AIDAdiva and ADIAmar. The port's schedule also showed three 4-ship days and fourteen 3-ship days. The 2017 cruising season's last visiting ship was Fred Olsen's MS Balmoral (October 12).
Warnemunde cruise terminal
Warnemunde cruise port terminal building is made of steel and glass. It is two -storey and spreads over 3,191 m2. The terminal's capacity per day is 2,500 passengers.
- The ground level is occupied by a hall, federal Police customs room and multifunction area.
- The technical rooms are on the first floor, as a flood protection. The gallery floor of the Warnemunde cruise port is for furnished waiting area. It cover 350 square meters and has 250 seats.
- The construction costs were estimated to Euro 5,5 million.
- The cruise terminal building has seven entrances and exits. They are located each on the seaside and on the landside.
- The terminal has the best railway connection among all German ports. The station is close to the terminal and this is one of its advantages.
- The German Autobahn is 4 km away through the Warnow tunnel. The distance to Berlin is 2 hours, 30 minutes to the closest airport and the center of Rostock is 20 minutes away. The quay is right at the heart of Warnemunde.
- There is no long-term parking area - only short-term parking is available. The passengers can rent a car, a bicycle or a boat at the local tourism agency. Money can be exchanged at ReiseBank.
Warnemunde tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Alter Strom
- Harbor Warnemundeor
- Warnemunde Beach
- Warnemunde Cruise Center
- Lighthouse Warnemunde
- Robben Research Station High Dune Park
- Flammen Lighthous
- Old Town Warnemunde
- Esperanza Sculpture
- Church Warnemunde
- Beach of Diedrichshagen Mecklenburg-Western
- Marine Science Center Warnemuende
- St. Marien Church: dates from 1472 and it has a famous astronomical clock
- The Town Hall: amazing building in baroque style
- Rostock University: dates from 1419. Visit also the University Square.
- Kröpeliner Tor & Steintor: the gates of the town
- St. Petri Church
- Boulevard Kröpeliner Strasse: buy souvenirs or just have a coffee and take a look at the people
- Monastery of the Holy Cross: visit also the museum.
- Museum in the former STASI prison
- Ulrich Deprie Chocolate Manufactory
- The Zoo of Rostock
The Warnemunde cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Warnemunde, Rostock, Germany.
If you lose the Warnemunde location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Warnemunde cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Warnemunde, Rostock, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
27 April, 2017
28 April, 2017
Genting Hong Kong revealed the completion of the acquisition of Nordic Yards’ three shipyards in Stralsund, Wismar and ...April 28, 2016
Genting Hong Kong announced the acquisition of Nordic Yards’ 3 shipyards in Stralsund, Wismar and Warnemunde, Germany for €230.6...March 2, 2016
Shortly before her birthday on June 7, AIDAcara was given a beauty makeover, and is looking splendid for the big 20th anniversary. The cruise ship...February 11, 2016
AIDA Cruises concluded its Baltic season sailing out of Warnemunde-Rostock when AIDAmar last week set course for New York bringing 2...October 19, 2015
MSC Cruises will become the first mainstream cruise line to homeport a ship in Havana, Cuba after it bases MSC Opera there from winter 2015-2016...July 3, 2015
According to AIDA Cruises, after her scheduled stay at Blohm + Voss, April 21 - May 04, AIDAdiva emerged with new passenger features and a...May 4, 2015
- show more news