Viking Emerald Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Emerald
|Year built||2010 / Age : 7|
|Builder||Chongqing East Wind Co Ltd (Chongqing, China)|
|Owner||Century Cruises China|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises Asia|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Former names||MS Century Emerald|
Review of Viking Emerald
Viking Emerald is a state-of-the-art beautiful river cruise vessel sailing along the Yangtze River, built for 2011 sailing season. It accommodates 256 guests with hotel-style beds and full verandas in every stateroom and spacious suite. With such an outstanding crew, the Emerald is among the most sophisticated ships in the world. Viking River Cruises management team is 100% Swiss-trained and employs the most knowledgeable staff, all English-speaking.
Enjoy the roomy 250-sq.foot staterooms on board Viking Emerald, or treat to a Suite/Junior Suite. You would also enjoy one of the 603-sq.foot Explorer Suites featuring a private wraparound veranda and separate sitting room. Have a rest on the Sun deck with shaded sitting area and panoramic views. Explore the Observation bar and lounge, the Emerald Bar and the Restaurant with panoramic views. Viking Emerald boasts an onboard boutique, library, gym, sauna, massage services, beauty salon and internet café. You can find even a tailor and onboard doctor.
Viking Emerald river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Asia cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Emerald's China cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
Viking China River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Emerald river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "IMPERIAL JEWELS OF CHINA" are 13-days Yangtze river cruises from Beijing to Shanghai, and the reverse from Shanghai to Beijing, with 11 complimentary land tours/excursions included in the fares. These deals are also inclusive of 3-night Beijing luxury hotel package, rickshaw tour, flight to Xian (1-night luxury hotel package, Terracotta Army necropolis), flight to Chongqing (on Yangtze river, boarding), Three Gorges cruise (Qutang Gorge /small boat "Lesser Three Gorges" excursion, Wu Gorge /Three Gorges Dam locks, and Xiling Gorge), flight to Shanghai (2-night luxury hotel package), with two optional choices- 2-night Shanghai hotel or guided land tour with hotel packages for 3-nights in Hong Kong and 1-night in Guilin.
- "CHINA CULTURAL DELIGHTS" are 18-days Tibet and China river cruises from Beijing to Shanghai, and the reverse from Shanghai to Beijing, with 16 complimentary land tours/excursions included in the fares. These deals additionally feature Fengdu (Snow Jade Cave tour), Shibaozhai Temple tour, Dongting Lake cruise (the Yueyang wooden tower), Jingdezhen (Ceramic History Museum), Jiu Hua mountain tour, Nanjing bus travel to Suzhou (Fishermen’s Garden), bus travel to Shanghai 2-night (luxury hotel package included). Optional are two hotel packages- 2-nights in Shanghai or 3-nights in Hong Kong plus 1-night in Guilin.
- "ROOF OF THE WORLD" are 15-days Tibet and China river cruises from Beijing to Shanghai, and the reverse from Shanghai to Beijing, with 18 complimentary land tours/excursions included in the fares. These deals are also inclusive of 3-night Beijing hotel package, Xian (Terra Cotta Warriors, Big Wild Goose Pagoda), flight to Tibet (2-night Lhasa hotel, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Market, Tibetan Museum, Potala Palace /Dalai Lama, Sera Monastery), flight from Lhasa to Chongqing (on Yangtze river, boarding the Viking Emerald ship), disembarkation in Wuhan, flight to Shanghai (2-night hotel package). Optional are 2-night Shanghai hotel or the guided land program inclusive of 2 hotel packages - 3-nights in Hong Kong and 1-night in Guilin.
Viking Emerald wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 9
- Total number of cabins: 128 (of which 20 Suite and 108 Balcony staterooms).
- Restaurants, Lounges & Bars: Emerald (dining room), Emerald Lounge & Bar (observation), Emerald Bar, Shop, Tailor, Beauty Salon, Massage Room, Gym, Sauna, Library (Internet), Promenade (deck 4), Sun Deck (observation /with shaded seating), special services onboard (laundry, concierge, tailor, doctor).
- Viking Century Emerald cruise ship deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all China and Tibet tours/excursions, flights and motorcoach transfers in China, live evening entertainment, daily expert lecturers, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Emerald ship transfers and airport meet&greet services in China are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking Cruises line.
- Viking Emerald cruise ship is the line's only vessel cruising in China. It was built under the name "Century Legend" as part of the Chinese line "Century River Cruises". The Century Emerald ship is operated under charter (branded as "Viking Emerald") since 2011. The list of the rest Viking Cruises Asia ships includes Mekong (on Mekong River /in Vietnam and Cambodia), and Mandalay and Orient (both on Irrawaddy River /in Burma).
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - PS (x2, deck2), JR (x4, deck2-3), AA (x14, deck4)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x24, deck3), B (x16, deck3), C (x28, deck2), D (x15, deck2), E (x16, deck1), F (x9, deck1)
- Deluxe RiverView Staterooms - none.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.