Review your Fitness Cruise ship vacation deals sport options. Read through Fitness Cruises itinerary 2017-2018, schedule, prices, fun - to Hawaii, Caribbean, Alaska, Bermuda - everywhere!
Get to know which lines and ships offer the best fitness facilities onboard. Learn about staying in shape on a cruise.
Best Fitness Cruise Ships
Despite the fact that contemporary cruise ships have the reputation for top indulgence, have in mind that they are actually excellent for losing weight, of course if you resist the temptation and only consume low calorie options to stay fit.
Big ships today have state-of-the-art spaces for fitness and their gyms in some cases can rival successfully the ones on land - the extras include ocean views. Cruise ships gyms are only the beginning of a new era at sea - the get-fit craziness.
Following is our choice of the best fitness cruise ships and lines.
Carnival Cruise Lines: Carnival added SportSquares to top decks of Carnival Breeze, Sunshine and Magic in addition to the expansive gyms. These SportSquares feature jogging tracks, ropes courses, outdoor weightlifting and exercise machines - guests can do their entire workout together with admiring the sea. The equipment varies by cruise ship.
Celebrity Cruises: Onboard Celebrity ships, guests will discover some of the best gyms and spas at sea, as well as the irresistible Gravity Reformer classes (on the Solstice-class ships), where one "drives" glideboard by using his own weight.Another option on Celebrity ships are the various Zumba classes, which include in-pool Aqua Zumba.
Crystal Cruises: On select Crystal voyages, cruisers can do Tai Chi together with a master. PGA pro helps practice golf swings. With Crystal "Walk on Water" - WOW program, passengers can burn calories by walking for resistance with weighted vest. Crystal Cruises also features themed "Mind, Body and Spirit" cruises with workout offerings that include guest speakers and instructors.
Norwegian Cruise Line: On the newest NCL ships, one of the options for fitness addicts is going wild with basketball courts (college-size), climbing cages Spider Web, rappelling walls (Norwegian Epic) and bungee trampolines. Indoors, NCL offers the innovative training TRX Suspension, spinning classes Black-Light and the opportunity for interactive Nexersys workouts against avatars.
Princess Cruises: Princess was the first to offer Zumba at sea, and several classes are offered per cruise. Princess fitness options also include Tour de Cycle (themed on Tour de France spinning course) and Suspension TRX classes. Passengers can also get jogging workouts on the tracks, which on Royal Princess features two lanes and alongside exercise outdoor circuit.
Royal Caribbean: RCCL Voyager-, Oasis- and Freedom-class ships feature a lot of amenities for active types, such as rock climbing walls, ice skating rinks, surf simulators, even skating in-line tracks and land-like gyms. You may also find Kinesis Walls (looking like torture devices but providing gentle workouts) and Everlast real boxing rings, depending on ship.
Cunard Line: Cunard Queen Elizabeth provides resistance workouts which include walking around deck with weighted vest. QE ship also offers opportunities for stretching out while relaxing with lawn bowling. If you'd like to try something different, remember signing up on Cunard fleet for fencing lessons.
Seabourn Cruise Line: Seabourn fancy vicinity makes fitness buffs enjoy private sessions and classes on Kinesis Wall setups (onboard Seabourn Odyssey-class vessels). Guests who love water, can have a great workout by using drop-down marinas for sailing, kayaking, swimming or snorkeling, among the other Seabourn activities.
Silversea partnered with Technogym, a company in the field of fitness and wellness, to create a complimentary programme including spa treatments, yoga, Pilates and fitness classes, lectures and cooking demonstrations on the benefits of balanced and healthy nutrition and gym sessions by personal trainers using Technogym equipment. In 2017, three themed wellness cruises are planned.
Windstar Cruises: There are gyms on Windstar ships, but the major Windstar fitness attraction is water activity - guests can participate from ships' watersports platforms. The various options include waterskiing, windsurfing (with water trampoline), kayaking, and even more.
MSC Cruises: Beginning in 2017, MSC Cruises offers a Wellness Experience in a partnership with TechnoGym, aboard all ships in its fleet. The experience is part of an inclusive offering that cruisers choose while booking. It begins pre-cruise with a questionnaire used to determine the specific goals of each participant. Then it targets all aspects of healthy lifestyle, ranging from exercise and healthy eating to weight loss, all of which can be carried over after the journey.
Additionally, the program provides a one-time consultation with personal trainer (extra training sessions are available for a fee); special shore excursions (jogging in Olympia, hiking in Bergen); fitness classes like hula hooping, barre, yoga, Pilates, cycling that focus on core and bodyweight movements; resistance bands and a workout mat for in-cabin use, TechnoGym workout gear and laundry for exercise clothing; healthy food options in the dining rooms and buffets onboard, including a healthy menu; a medical evaluation with ship's doctor, who will test guest's blood pressure and perform an EKG and lipid panel; and access to mywellnessapp of the fitness manufacturer TechnoGym.
The Wellness Experience is between the five inclusive packages from which cruisers can choose while booking their journey. Those who wish to participate can do so from US$929 per person for a 7-night sailing, including accommodations. The personalized program aboard the newest ship of the line, MSC Seaside (debuting in November 2017) will be available on the rest of the vessels in the fleet as their summer sailings 2017 are released for booking.
River Cruises: Gyms are something quite rare in the river cruises world, but fitness addicts may find them onboard Avalon Waterways newer vessels such as Avalon Expression. Gym spaces are not large, but provide enough equipment to help gusts have a decent workout. On the Danube, the line hosts Wellness European River Cruise, which features healthy lifestyle lectures and special classes.
Fitness Cruise Hawaii
Depart from Ensenada, Mexico to a cruise to Hawaii. With daily temperatures in Hawaii about 76F you'll feel the summer power. Travelers should fly into airport of San Diego for free transfers to Ensenada where they'll board the ship. If you wish you could stay on board for more days and see Bora Bora, Tahiti, Fiji, Sydney, New Caledonia. The vessel will dock at all the visited islands. Enjoy two weeks of fitness and fun - daily zumba, water aerobics, ball room dance lessons, yoga, deck walking, tai chi, even hula dance workouts! Have a rest with a cup of the best coffee in the world grown only in Hawaii - Kona Coffee.
Prices begin at $1250 for inside cabin and are for double occupancy. Air fares are not included. Taxes, service charges, customs fees make total of $140 per person.
Fitness Cruise Alaska
The cold and distant land called Alaska was named by Alute Indians - it meant 'Great Land.' This is one of the most favorite vacation spots in the world and the best time of year to visit Alaska is August because it is the warmest and sunniest time then. Whales and bears come out, Alaska's Husky dogs can take you on sleigh rides, salmon swims upstream. Board Rhapsody of the Sea in Seattle. Better arrive a day early and adjust to time changes in West Coast. Visit Canada's Butchart Gardens during the cruise- these are recognized internationally with more than a hundred acres flowers. Take the famous train ride along White Pass - be sure it is fantastic! Every day on-board the cruise ship you can participate in stretch classes, water aerobics, tai chi, ballroom dance lessons. The teachers are certified fitness instructors serving as cruise hosts. Exercise classes are for club members only - held in private, and their price is included in the cruise price. You will never forget Alaska if you visit it - join us and do it this year!
Prices begin at $920 for inside cabin and are for double occupancy. Air fares are not included. Taxes, service charges, customs fees make total of $180 per person. Travel insurances are required and start at $60 per person.
Fitness Cruise Bermuda
The departures are from Bayonne, NJ (Cape Liberty). Docked at Kings Wharf overnight. Daily Bermuda temperatures are about 72F in May and you will be able to enjoy shopping, night life and shore excursions- U.S. dollars are welcome. Have dinner in Hamilton along Front Street. 'Dark and Stormy' is the name of Bermuda's cocktail famous with its ingredients- rum and ginger beer. Inexpensive and frequent ferries will take you to St. George's and Hamilton from King's Wharf. For two days spent on the islands, visit the famous Horseshoe Bay, walk through different Moon Gates for good luck! In 1800s these gates were brought in Bermuda from China by British seamen who were love struck. Being on-board the cruise ship, each day enjoy yoga classes and water aerobics taught only for club members by certified instructors. There is only one formal night during the cruise. Not surprisingly, the cruise is called " One Lucky Cruise"- it is Number 1 cruise booked from New York City area.
Prices begin at $720 for inside cabin and are for double occupancy. Air fares are not included. Taxes, service charges, customs fees make total of $170 per person. Travel insurances are required and start at $60 per person.
Fitness Cruise Caribbean
Enjoy daily yoga and water aerobics classes, deck walking, tai chi, ballroom dance lessons, Zumba. The best qualified teachers host fitness cruises. Summer will be in Mexico underway when the cruise departs Galveston. Perfect for snorkeling Cozumel's water will be for sure. The world's famous Grand Cayman's Turtle Farm is interesting with its thousands of turtles returning from sea to mate. The colorful rain forests in Jamaica will have to be explored too - the first Caribbean island ever discovered by Christopher Columbus, was Jamaica. To see where he first landed, take a river barge.
Prices begin at $630 for inside cabin and are for double occupancy. Air fares are not included. Taxes, service charges, customs fees make total of $140 per person. Travel insurances are required and start at $60 per person.
Note: In the following table, all links are internal (CruiseMapper) redirecting to the ship’s itinerary schedule where you can compare dates and prices per person (double occupancy rates).
cruise lines / ships / "themes"
departures dates / itineraries
ship Jewel of the Seas
ship Radiance of the Seas
ship Explorer of the Seas
ship Grandeur of the Seas
ship Liberty of the Seas
ship Serenade of the Seas
Carnival Cruise Line
ship Carnival Vista
Norwegian Cruise Line
ship Pride of America
ship Silver Discoverer
Weight Loss Cruises
Healthy eating habits can be easily maintained by weight loss program while on a weight loss cruise. There are two ways for a weight loss cruise which provide environment conducive to progress of cruisers.
Group weight loss cruises feature healthy activities and food for pre-scheduled group, but the group doesn't occupy entire ship. A weight loss cruise ship program provides in-demand activities and high-powered celebrities and they reserve all cabins for weight loss passengers. The weight loss groups receive dietary support from nutritionists who conduct seminars about healthy living. You enjoy healthy dining options- complete menu prepared with attention to nutritional value and taste. Kitchen staff can answer special diet requests as heart-healthy or vegetarian diet. Usually nutrition specialists have meals along with the group and it is an opportunity for healthy meal choices discussions. So check out our survey dedicated to the new cruising wave:
Health and fitness on a weight loss cruise ship vacation
Fitness activities and on-board exercises on a weight loss themed cruise will help your weight loss program while on-board your ship. Usually shipboard exercises include aerobics, yoga, tai-chi. Runs or deck walks, special exercise programs, water aerobics and others are also available. Pedometer shore walks will help keep moving when in ports of call.
Your chances to lose weight successfully will be increased if you carefully do pre-cruise planning for a weight loss vacation. Better contact dietitian who is registered to help establish personal food guidelines and meet dietary goals. Include a delicious snack so not to feel deprived, afterwards overindulge in foods that do not have high nutritional value. Request online or printed food template to help track food consumption and make reservations for the weight loss voyage through your group if it is possible. Group's coordinator may obtain favorable group fares. Contact a travel agent when you plan to travel alone, as to let you know the new itineraries and offerings. Travel companies focused on fitness options may be of assistance. Confirm weight loss meal plans and special fares if you book through lines websites.
The phenomenon of gaining weight while on a cruise ship vacation and weight loss is well-known and depressing. Ship travel vacations are well known as food traps- passengers tend to lose control over calorie intake. Culinary displays and all-inclusive packages- how could you resist? But after all, this depends on the itinerary and you may even come home fitter than you have left.
Weight Loss Cruise Offers
Fitness and weight loss Spa cruise experiences on major cruise lines. Celebrity Cruises, for example, and its “Celebrity Eclipse” provides intensive programs on their weight loss cruises. You can join exercise classes, held all day, wellness lectures, healthy cooking demonstrations. Doing so, you may be quickly motivated and adopt health-promoting lifestyle. If you sign up, you will have access to weight-loss meal choices, not part of regular on-board menus. Cruisers easily learn to eat better food and start losing weight after picking up tricks from on-board health experts. It is not all! You will still feel that this is the vacation of a lifetime. Getting away from everyday environment will lead to lifestyle changes. Bad habits over the years are the biggest obstacles to your healthy living. Quickly take fun vacation and adopt a healthy and active lifestyle!
Not only Celebrity has discovered the new niche of travel and advantages of a weight loss cruise. Royal Caribbean “Freedom of the Seas,” is famous for one of the most sophisticated and largest fitness and spa centers at sea. The workout arena is 17,000-square-foot; an ice rink, rock-climbing wall, boxing ring and luxury spa are also available. Cunard Queen Mary 2 Canyon Ranch Spa is even more spacious. Not only mega-ships do the utmost to accommodate passengers who seek fitness opportunities. Smaller-size ship operators also follow suit. For example, Windstar expanded fitness facilities and also provides numerous healthy meal options and vegetarian menus.
The opportunities for weight loss while cruising do not include just onboard activities. Cruise ship companies offer programs in different sports categories, including onshore day trips for biking, horseback riding, hiking, kayaking, climbing, rafting and more. Getting heavier on cruise vacation is no longer inevitable.
How to Lose Weight on a Cruise?
How to lose weight on a cruise ship vacation - if this one is a question that bothers you, follow our tips and tricks. Nowadays, cruise ship companies provide activities and menus that are becoming healthier- thanks to chefs, food is delicious and you can even lose weight! New menus, onboard fitness and fun excursions make it possible to eat everything but still lose weight while on a cruise.
The major companies in cruise industry - Carnival Corporation (owning Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Cruise Lines, and Seabourn; P&O Cruises (running also Princess Cruises among their holdings), and Royal Caribbean Lines - are dominant in a competitive industry, and want to keep customers happy to lose weight by making changes to meet the demands of cruise market. Over the past few years, some changes took place in cruise industry as the low-cal (but delicious) diet menus, more excursions offered, and free work outs on board. Now you can enjoy low-fat snacks for free and do not have to skip the dessert, because cruise lines take onboard renowned chefs who make sure you can eat a cake while keeping a diet, without sacrificing the gourmet experience. Food on Carnival Cruise Lines is not only presented like artwork- it tastes like being in heaven, including diet dishes!
- Once onboard a cruise ship you choose to eat in the formal dining area or in the buffet. They both are included in cruise price. Choosing the buffet, you choose not to lose weight but the chance to gain weight while onboard the cruise ship - heavy cream salads, pizzas and decadent desserts will help this come true. The dining area offers you to order one of the options that are low-calorie - the treat is also healthy. Choose one starter from the menu, one salad, a main course and a dessert. Each of the sections has at least one option which is low-calorie. You do not have to be afraid to ask for menu items' modifications. If you see something else you like on the menu except the diet desserts, order it, but try not to eat the whole thing. When entire group is onboard, trying to lose weight, people can order diet desserts and then regular items that they all can share.
- After having great and low-calorie meal do not stop the good work during the cruise- keep on moving and take a walk to burn a few calories immediately. You can simply walk the length of ship on upper deck- do this a few times while enjoying the ocean views. You will have walked miles before you know it. Another tip to lose weight is to take the stairs instead of elevator. Such little changes will really help when on a cruise.
- Stay away from beer, frozen and creamy frou-frou drinks in bar areas onboard the cruise ship if you are trying to lose weight! Ask for the diet version, if you want to have a mixed drink with soda. If you choose to drink beer, ask for such from a variety with no included preservatives. A beer with no preservatives is a pleasant surprise. Wine is also a good choice for diets.
- Eat fruit, fiber and cheese for cruise breakfast to lose weight - pancake and eggs buffet can wait! When you have planned activities at port, take a banana or a box of cereal for the road. Start lunch with water and salad before visiting the buffet. Drink diet soda, or better choose iced tea. Add a little pizza to these drinks with fruit punch or lemonade. Next to water dispenser you may find fresh lemon slices, normally available.
- The cruise ship onboard gym, also free just like food, is the best way for burning calories. Each cruise ship offers different equipment, usually you will find a combination of treadmills, weight machines, elliptical trainers. Incorporate the gym into daily agenda, create a schedule, stick to it. On Carnival Cruise Lines for example, the gym is open from 6 a.m. until 10 p.m. and if you want to work out early, be there when gym opens! This way you will not have to wait in line for the pieces of equipment you want to use. The best time for work-outs is in the morning, mid-day and before closing. For about $10 each you can visit yoga and aerobic classes or try the personal trainers. Take advantage of free classes and seminars offered by personal trainers on board about to lose weight. Visit cruise ship’s information desk to find out the freebies offered in the list of weekly activities.
- Select at least one of the excursions with mild or heavy activity while cruising. Try also kayaking and bike riding- these are better than just plopping down at the beach. Even intense walking and shopping is a workout when being at ports of call!
- What about water on-board cruise ships- does it help to lose weight? If you want free water, you will have to trek to dining area and, with a little cup wait in line for water, and repeat until not thirsty. After you finally get sick of doing so, you will probably break down and open a bottle of water you find in cabin's mini-bar- then you will be charged $3.50 per each. Take the advice to bring from home an insulated beverage bottle, or buy one in the gift shop for $5. At each meal you can fill it up, and take it with you. Thus you will have some water with you during work outs and excursions. Hydration is of great importance to weight loss, so on a cruise ship travelers need to bring their own bottle.
- Keep busy onboard your cruise ship to lose weight! Participate in contests for example-you will not be able to eat while doing it! Every day on the cruise ship you will receive a newsletter full of activities- better join, do not just watch. Take advantage of dance parties and dance lessons- dancing on the deck is another great way for burning calories. Do not worry about looking silly - cruises are fun, above all!
How to NOT Gain Weight on a Cruise?
Follow the tips on how to not gain weight on a cruise vacation - or even better - lose weight while cruising! On most cruise ships snacks and meals are totally included - it makes it so dangerous out there! One option is to use your cruise and experiment with a health regime and a new sport - and try a fitness cruise!
The all inclusive food on cruise ships makes it easier to gain weight during vacation on-board a cruise ship. Different food options include buffets, sit-down meals, as well as room service and snack bars, tempting throughout day and night. Ships provide options like exercise classes and gyms to counteract calories. You can take other steps for control of eating and avoiding weight gain- just be active during the trip!
Do not gain weight! Do not pile on the pounds! Each day, plan your meals while cruising! For formal nights on-board your ship, have low-fat breakfast and also a light lunch- later you can indulge. Most ships post evening menus at lunchtime, read it before you decide on lunch. Do not forget the alcohol calories. Limit wine, beer, cocktails, and order spirits diet mixers. Avoid bar snacks and salty foods during the cruise. At lunchtime, stay away from on-board pool-deck bars if the smell of burgers and chips makes you crumble. Always drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated.
Before you leave on a ship vacation, create a plan! Write it down and take the plan on-board the ship with you. Once on the ship, you will be surrounded by tempting food and drinks, but your black-and-white concrete plan will give something to fall back on. You might be tempted by delicious decadent desserts for example, but it is easier to resist after you have committed to skipping dessert each night beforehand. Another thing is the promise to work out at least one hour a day- this way it is harder to forget about active exercise.
The don't gain weight CLOTHES
Special workout clothes for your trip are a good idea to bring on cruise. This way it is more likely you work out after you have devoted valuable luggage space to fitness routine. Each day on-board the ship mark your progress on the written plan. This tip will increase your feeling of accountability.
The don't gain weight ACTIVITIES
Active shore excursions are better choice than passive activities. For example, select a bicycle tour over bus sightseeing and a hike over beach day. Add own activities to passive excursions- a half hour walk at beach before plopping down in sun lounger is a good choice! Think about varying your on-board exercise activities. On certain days walk or jog on deck enjoying the ocean view. Most passenger ships offer modern fitness centers; many have organized yoga, aerobics or spinning classes. Fitness centers provide class schedules, so find out whether you have to sign up for classes in advance or you can just show up.
The don't gain weight MEALS
Healthy meal choices while on-board a cruise ship, are a must! Ships tend to serve dishes with high-calorie accompaniments and heavy sauces. Ask them to leave off sauces or try a healthier option- grilled chicken breast, for example. Leave off the salad dressing and substitute the side dishes, reducing calories. Your server can help you with dietary needs- just ask! Eat light breakfast of whole wheat cereal or yogurt rather than tempting sugary treats.
Staying in Shape on a Cruise
Most of the lines offer all-inclusive packages - meals and entertainment, and staying in shape and maintaining healthy weight happens to be a difficult task. For following a diet on board a cruise ship and staying fit there is no magic formula.
Find a like-minded partner for the most effective way to have fun during the sailing without gaining weight- he will support you at the buffet and at the gym for staying in shape. Vacations often provide different opportunities to take in more food, but fewer opportunities for work outs.
- Many modern lines ships that understand the importance of staying in shape, present healthy options for both dining and fitness. If you imagine a vacation with daily runs in the open air, workouts in a hi-tech gym or fitness classes like Pilates or Zumba, many lines offer the perfect getaway. Nowadays, passenger ships are much more than eating and lying in the sun- they are attracting health-conscious, yogis and fitness lovers with active options onboard and off.
- Staying in shape on a cruise vacation already is not a dream! You can really lose weight on a cruise, or break even at least. Fitness centers grow in size to accommodate body-conscious passengers’ base and often feature excellent equipment and sea views.
- Deck games have made way for onboard basketball, mini-golf, surfing and even rock climbing. Active excursion options in ports are plentiful. Swimming, diving, cycling, hiking, kayaking, are also often provided. Ships find ways to provide those activities in the ocean and help guests with staying in shape!
Staying in shape working out onboard tips
- If you want to use the on-board gyms with purpose for staying in shape, remember these are usually crowded at peak hours- early morning and late afternoon (before dinner). Some liners offer signup sheets with strict limits in time, used for cardio machines. Going to the ship's gym while the ship is in port or during the off-hours will help you escape the crowd.
- Most of the group classes like yoga, pilates, tai-chi, spinning, also aim on staying in shape- these come with fee (about $10-$15). Sometimes classes fill up, so better sign up in advance. Instructors teach all the classes, so they vary in ability and do not have the same level in all trainings as you have expected.
- Work out without doing anything that is much painful to you! If the ship is smaller, then you cannot expect the gym to be spacious. Luxury lines have first-rate facilities for staying in shape, which smaller ships are not able to provide- for example enormous workout space.
- Shore excursions are another way for staying in shape while on-board a cruise ship and the popularity of active tours grows up. You can get physical activities like walking, kayaking, biking, hiking, while exploring destinations.
- Choose some theme cruise if you want your trip to be everything about good health. There are special voyages for health and wellness lifestyle, for runners, golfers and others, featuring workshops on meditation, yoga and healthy diets. Passengers who prefer less gym-based work outs, might choose the dance-music cruises that will keep you day and night on your toes.
- The stairs- another easy way for staying in shape. If you wish to keep off some pounds, forget the elevators and always climb the stairs.
- Fitness center & classes: Use the first days on board your ship to locate the gym and the fitness center and be familiar with the available equipment- your purpose is staying in shape!
- Try something new during your sea vacation! Personal trainers in the ship's gym direct yoga, spinning, Zumba and other classes.
Princess Grand Class gym - perfect for staying in shape onboard- it is really the newest Royal Caribbean's model! The Lotus fitness centers onboard are set at the front of the ship and offer 180-degree ocean views. Usually the gyms are equipped with stationary bikes, elliptical trainers, treadmills, with own TV's for entertainment. Wide range of free weights and weight machines are also offered. The most innovative fitness program offered by the line is the so called "Core. Balance. Strength". This way, being outside typical workout rooms, Princess Cruises are really creative.
Pilates classes are targeted for building strong core, yoga classes- for balance and centering, cardio classes- for strength. This way the program targets the three fitness areas. Princess ships offer complimentary Zumba workouts which take place once or twice per sailing. These workouts transform the Piazza, Club Fusion or outside decks into a fitness party. Larger Princess vessels offer swim-against-the-current pool too- it is for endurance training with adjustable current.
The first cruise ship featuring spa & fitness facilities is Cunard Queen Mary 2, operated by the Canyon Ranch. QM2 offers luxury travel experiences and the Canyon Ranch Spa Club provides a wide range of cardio machines (steppers, elliptical trainers, stationary bikes, rowing machines), and also a huge strength-training area with free weights and machines. Group classes on-board Queen Mary II run standard offerings like Pilates and spinning, and also more creative options as "Totally Tubing," "Fitball", "Dance to the Beat" and "Cardio Blast". You can also can book private sessions on Pilates reformer machines in the gym. The vast outdoor wraparound promenade is great for active jogging or walking.
P&O Cruises Ventura offers innovative fitness & staying in shape options. On board P&O Ventura, marketed to UK oriented voyages, fitness facilities and spa are more than what you have ever wanted. Try the Tixter bikes within the gym- the latest type indoor cycling. The bikes there have movable handlebars and mimic real biking and cycling routines around the world, from scenic roadways in the highlands to deserts and city centers, complete with video. Another innovation on board P&O Ventura, is an endless pool out on deck, with current machine, propelling you to swim against the current.
- Jogging: Cruise ships map out area designated for passengers wishing to walk or jog. Usually this area is located on upper decks, thus allowing to enjoy great views and some time outdoors. The U.K. based Fred Olsen is one of the best for walkers. It is a partner of Ramblers Worldwide Holidays, dedicated to on foot exploring the world. Ramblers guides arrange scenic walks in each port on more than twenty "Cruise and Walk" voyages.
- Cycling: Thomson Holidays, which is a traditional British line, carries own touring and mountain bikes onboard. It offers bike rides, guided in many destinations, including sightseeing breaks and picture-taking. No matter if you are a novice enthusiastic cycler or experienced racer, with Thomson you will be able to find the biking excursion just for you.
- Swimming: Usually the swimming pools on board cruise ships are very busy during the day. The early morning is the excellent time to swim or perform water aerobics program. You might be thinking that while sailing on the ocean there would be saltwater enough for everyone. Now lines have turned some of the pools on board into saltwater pools. This way you can get your swim in the big ocean, doing it in quiet and peace of the ship.
- Dancing: It is also an exercise! You can take dancing lessons if you want to, thus being able to do anything - salsa, ballroom, and more. Cunard cruises are devoted to ballroom dancing. On board professionals teach tango, waltz, samba and other during the day. Passengers can practice the new moves at Royal Nights formal balls in the evenings, but if you do not have a partner, do not worry- gentlemen hosts will accompany you to the dance floor. Other fitness options on board include fitness center equipment & classes, basketball, shuffleboard, paddle tennis, golf simulators. Queen Elizabeth’s Games Deck offers croquet and bowls. Both ms Queen Elizabeth and ms Queen Victoria offer Body Sculpt Program (burning about 700 calories in 30 minutes) and fencing classes.
- Staying in shape with golf? Virtual rounds are available on many voyages which offer high-tech simulators at some of the most famous courses in the world. These stimulators combine using real clubs and balls, the feeling of hitting at the driving range, and the thrill of PGA tournament. Some ships also feature mini golf courses for kids and casual golfers - combine losing weight & staying in shape with having fun!
- Rock climbing: Funny and thrilling, it is staple on great number of modern large cruise ships. It is much strenuous and the rock steady wall is waiting for you on board to tackle.
You can share/like/rate our Fitness Cruise review via the social buttons. Visit CruiseMapper again soon for the latest "Cruise Fitness" updates. Happy healthy sailings, enjoy the cruise ship gym activities!