Review of Allure Of The Seas deck 14 (Kids)
- Adventure Ocean (neighborhood) is the ship’s kids complex offering supervised, age-appropriate activities for 4 age groups – from 6-month babies to 11 year-olds. Each age group has its own room and dedicated staff. All youth programs are complimentary. Adventure Ocean’s operational hours are – on seadays (9 – 12 am, 2 – 5 pm, 7 – 10 pm) and on port days (9 am – 5 pm, 7 – 10 pm, lunch included). Dinners (chaperoned) are between 5 – 7 pm at the Windjammer buffet. The “Late Night Party Zone” babysitting (between 10 pm – 2 am /for kids 3-11 yo) cost US$7 per kid per hour. Parents must sign their kids in and out each time they visit the Adventure Ocean. To each kid is issued a wristband (indicating muster station) that must be worn at all times. The kids complex consists of playrooms, Theater, Science Lab, Workshop, Imagination Studio, Kids Arcade, Nursery. Among the daily scheduled activities and events are Dreamworks characters appearances (4-5 times on 7-night cruise itineraries), outside events (scavenger hunts, ship tours, sports competitions, parties), funny science experiments, classes/workshops, movie nights (incl DreamWorks films), playing video games.
- “Kids Avenue” is a central boulevard connecting all rooms. “Play” is a large, round-shaped room full with soft toys and games for little kids. Here parents can play with their kids for free.
- Adventure Ocean (Aquanauts Room /for potty-trained kids 3-5 yo) has a library, large TV (for educational shows), chairs and tables (for arts-crafts, board games), playground (slide, tunnel).
- Adventure Ocean (Explorers Room /for kids 6-8 yo) has HD TVs (for movies and gaming) and Nintendo Wii consoles.
- Adventure Ocean (Voyagers Room /for kids 9-11 yo) has Nintendo Wii gaming consoles (kids can bring their own games), large HD TVs (for movies and gaming).
- Adventure Ocean (Imagination Studio /30 seats) is a kids art room (sponsored by Crayola and Fisher-Price) with colorful toys, brand games and supplies.
- Adventure Ocean (Science Lab /open to all ages) offers educational games and fun science experiments (supervised).
- Adventure Ocean (Workshop /24 seats) is for family and kids art-craft classes and workshops – themed nature, space, oceans, dinosaurs, painting/drawing, dressing up, etc.
- Adventure Ocean Theater (55 seats) is the world’s first at sea kids theater. It has tiered seating (5 rows of plush seats), large screen and stage for live performances. Among the offered activities are puppet shows, puppetry and dance classes, talent shows, DreamWorks-themed (training school, trivia, game shows, movies).
- Adventure Ocean (Kids Arcade) is at surcharge (US$1,25 per game). Games are similar to those found at the teen’s video arcade (on deck 6).
- Adventure Ocean (Royal Babies & Tots Nursery) is a babysitting facility for Royal Babies (6-18 months) and Royal Tots (toddlers 18-36 months). Kids must be fully toilet trained. An hourly fee per kid applies (US$6 daytime, US$8 evening). The nursery (open between 9 am – 12 pm, onboard booking only) has a sleeping room (cribs, cots, strollers) and a soft play room. The RCI’s “BABIES 2 GO” service allows pre-ordering Huggies products (diapers, wipes, cream) and Gerber (organic baby food) delivered to the cruise cabin/suite upon arrival and also throughout the Royal Caribbean cruise. Note: In-room babysitting for overage children is available (per hour fee applies) for up to 3 kids (within the same family. Advance reservations are required.
- Card Room (72 seats, open 24-hours) doubles as RC Online (Internet Cafe / web center). The room has cards and popular board games for playing (decks of cards, checkers, cribbage), bridge tournaments, Internet computer stations.
- Cabins from 14138 to 14730, of which Inside (categories – 1V, 2V, 4V), Oceanview (categoies 1K, 6N), Balcony staterooms (categories – 1C, 2C, 1D, 2D, 5D, 6D plus 1J, 2J-Central Park View and 1I, 2I, 4I-Boardwalk View), and the rest are Suites (categories – J3, J4-Junior, GS-Grand, OS-Owner Suite, A4-AquaTheater Suite).
- deck plan 14 cabins information: Boardwalk View balcony cabins are located above the Boardwalk Neighborhood, so noise could be an issue. Central Park View cabins overlook the Central Park Neighborhood. Be advised that all the Boardwalk-Central Park cabins have “interior balconies”, which are not private (can be viewed from verandas located on the opposite side). Both Aqua Theater Suites (most-aft rooms 14330 and 14730) are with lower ceilings.
Deck 14 changes after Royal Amplified 2020 refurbishment
- Forward on Deck 14 were added 22 new staterooms (inside and panoramic oceanview).
- Adventure Ocean (kids complex) was completely refurbished and redesigned with themed by activities areas, including nursery (for toddlers), separate area for kids 3-5 yo, teen-only exclusive lounge (with games, movies, music, outdoor sundeck).
- Midship-aft, Card Room was replaced by Royal Escape Room (adventure gaming/team building exercises). The room is dedicated to "Mission Control: Apollo 18" - puzzle game themed after 1973's Apollo 18 moon mission.
- Card Room (capacity 72 seats, open 24-hours) doubled as RC Online (Internet Cafe / web center). The room had cards and popular board games for playing (decks of cards, checkers, cribbage), bridge tournaments, Internet computer stations.