Review of Carnival Mardi Gras deck 16 (Bridge-Lido-Pool)
- The fore-located Navigation Bridge and the adjacent Captain’s Suite and officers quarters are inaccessible for passengers.
- Lido (aft on Decks 16-17) houses Carnival's complimentary Pool Deck eateries Seafood Shack, BlueIguana Cantina, and Guy's Burger Joint, plus new venues.
- BlueIguana Cantina is a complimentary poolside (self-serve) fast-food bar with Mexican cuisine serving the Beach Pool area. The Cantina is open for Breakfast (7:30 – 10:30 am) and lunch (12 noon – 2:30 pm) and offers fresh-made tacos, burritos (wrapped/topped-to-order), tortillas (wheat, jalapeno), chips, salsas, toppings. Breakfast burritos are with scrambled eggs, chicken sausage, ham, hash browns, tomato, cheese, iceberg lettuce, topping (pico de gallo, crema fresca, salsa /tomatillo, roasted tomato). Lunch tacos include pork, chicken, fish. Bluelguana Cantina has a separate condiments bar with salsas, hot sauces, lettuce, onion, cheese, lime, watermelon, jicama, black beans, corn, coriander, tomatillos, tomatoes.
- Lido Marketplace (complimentary) is the ship’s self-service buffet restaurant for open-seating Breakfast (7:30 am – 12 noon /made-to-order omelet station), Lunch (12 noon – 2:30 pm), Dinner (6 – 9:30 pm /Good Eats buffet) and for Late Night Snacks (11 pm – 1 am). Good Eats buffet menu is a Main Dining Room dinner alternative offering steaks, prime rib, grilled chicken, pasta, salads, desserts, daily Chef’s Special. Lido Marketplace consists of various takeaway food stations and themed food bars. Among those are Carnival Deli (sandwiches, draught beer dispenser), Mongolian Wok (stir-fry, made-to-order Asian food /you choose the ingredients), The Captain’s Pasta Bar (choice of 3 pastas, 4 sauces, 12 toppings), Salad Bar (35 items), Pizza Pirate (24-hour Pizzeria), Chef’s Choice Bar (international cuisine /different menu each day), Hot and Cold Buffet (stir-fry, pastas, carving station), Grille (ham-cheese-veggie burgers, hot dogs, fries, chicken fritters/sandwiches, sauteed mushrooms/onions, sauerkraut, Chili con Carne, homemade tortillas-chips-salsa), Dessert Bar (incl sugar-free items). There are also (self-serve, complimentary, 24-hour) tea/coffee station and machines for soft ice cream and yogurt. Chocolate Extravaganza Buffet (complimentary) is on the last sea day (7-day and longer cruise itineraries) and offers chocolate smorgasbord, chocolate fountain, cakes (incl pear, orange, cheesecake, dry fruit, diet).
- Street Eats is an open-air complimentary eatery located next to Seafood Shack. It offers ready-to-eat street food via 3 themed kiosks (steamed, fried, and plancha food). The new grab-and-go dining venue has a daily rotating menu. Small plates (including falafel or empanadas) are available at the fried food station, siu mai or bao buns - at the steamed food outlet, and satay and kebabs at the plancha food kiosk.
- Tides Pool (aft) has 1 swimming pool flanked by 2 Whirlpools and a large sunbathing area served with drinks by the Tides Bar.
- Mardi Gras has fleet's (and world's) second "Big Chicken" restaurant at sea (by Shaquille O'Neal). The venue is located aft and complimentary. Many menu items are developed by the basketball player himself, while the rest are based on Shaq's favorite food recipes.
Forward on Lido Deck are located passenger staterooms/cruise cabins from 16201 to 16297, of which Interior (category 4I), Junior Balcony (category 7Y), Balcony (category 8G) and Ocean Suites (category OT).