Review of Odyssey Of The Seas deck 6 (Two70)
- Library is part of the Two70 Lounge (on level 2, entry from deck 4) and doubles as The Boardroom / Card Room / Internet Cafe. It has 6 computer workstations (Internet packages are priced per week /according to bandwidth), comfortable armchairs, tables, books, cards and popular board games. Book selections include fiction/nonfiction plus a small section for children/teens. There are also popular titles in other languages. Among the available for playing games are decks of cards, checkers, cribbage.
- Conference Center (aft location, capacity 330 seats) consists of several meeting rooms divided by collapsible walls. Each of the rooms can be configured to suit specific group needs. Here can be held lectures, seminars, presentations, group meetings, business and general sessions, conferences at sea. Modern presentation equipment is provided complimentary (including projectors, media players, large plasma TV, podium/lectern, wall-mount screens, video wall, microphones, stage lighting).
- Two70° Lounge (balcony level 2 of 3, entry from deck 4) also has The Workshop. This is a room dedicated to arts-crafts classes for adults (scrapbooking, jewelry making), expert lecturers, multimedia presentations and demonstrations.
- Cruise cabins from 6118 to 6710, of which Inside (category 2W-Studio Interior with Virtual Balcony), Balcony staterooms (categories 3D, 4D, 8D, 1E, 2E, 2F-Studio Balcony) and the rest are Suites in categories J1-Large Balcony Silver Junior, J4-Silver Junior.
- deck plan 6 cabins information: most-forward located balcony cabins (portside and starboard) are with larger verandas and unobstructed sea views when looking straight down from them. Balconies on rooms located where the deck narrows are with obstructed views due to lifeboats (which tops come up to the railing’s height). Forward staterooms are located above the ship’s Theater (main show lounge), so noise during rehearsals or the evening stage shows could be an issue.
Two70 Lounge is a 3-decks high relaxation-observation-show lounge (also known as “living room”). During the day, this place offers 270-degree panoramic seaviews from its floor-ceiling and wall-to-wall windows (glass walls with an automatic shading system, overlooking the stern). Lounge’s ground level (Deck 5) has stage and ice bar and is served with drinks and snacks by its own full-service Two70 Cafe bar. The upper levels (decks 6-7) are for the overlooking balconies.
Nightly, Two70 transforms into a show lounge with live entertainment. The evening show program has an original RCI stage production named "Spectra's Cabaret". This is an exclusive multidimensional cabaret show produced by Moment Factory (multimedia studio). What makes this show unconventional is the use of Vistarama and Roboscreen (both trademarked multimedia technologies) implemented within the lounge. There are a total of 18 projectors for the Vistaramas (12K resolution / ultra-HD video backgrounds that cover the windows at night). RoboShows are performed by a total of 6 Roboscreens (computerized large LED screens controlled via a mapping system) descend from the room’s ceiling. They display real-time views, graphics, animations (incl virtual dancers), and at times – dance to the music (twist, spin and move around by the use of powerful robotic arms) and even interact with guests. Live music and dance acts are performed on the stage.
Starwater (a signature live show in the evenings) combines singing, dancing and aerial acrobatics with the ultra-HD digital imagery. Other themed shows are the virtual concerts and symphonies – real performances pre-recorded in ultra-HD and broadcasted on the Roboscreens. Two70 Lounge also hosts RCI’s traditional Captain’s Corner event. This is a Q&A session with ship’s Captain, Cruise Director, Chief Engineer, head of dining operations (food and drinks) and other staff representatives.
During the day, at the lounge are held educational seminars, classes and workshops, including dance classes (also ballroom dancing), culinary classes, jewelry making. In the evenings, Two70 turns into an adults-only nightclub with ample seating and a large dance floor.