Royal Caribbean announced its tropical escapes for the 2020-2021 winter season. The cruise line is introducing diverse offerings throughout the Caribbean and North America, from new ship pairings in some of the major homeports across Puerto Rico, Texas, and Florida, to a more diverse range of popular destinations and itinerary lengths.
- Adventure of the Seas will be homeported in Texas for the first time in 2020, becoming the biggest vessel sailing short getaways out of Galveston, such as 4- and 5-night cruise vacations while visiting Cozumel and Costa Maya. The Adventure will join Liberty of the Seas, sailing 7-night Caribbean trips year-round from Galveston.
- Enchantment of the Seas is due to sail south for the winter and homeport in San Juan for the first time, following a summer season in Galveston TX. San Juan is also the year-round homeport for RCI Freedom of the Seas, which will be newly refreshed in March 2020 as part of the fleet's Royal Amplified modernization program.
- After multimillion-dollar modernization and summer season in Europe, Explorer of the Seas will sail back to Miami FL with updated entertainment for all ages. Explorer will call at the islands of Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao, as well as the line’s private destination in Labadee, within reach on 5- and 9-night voyages from Miami. Select itineraries will visit the private Bahamas island Perfect Day at CocoCay.
- Independence of the Seas will sail back to Fort Lauderdale FL in November 2020, with 4- and 5-night short getaways to Nassau and the Western Caribbean. The vessel will also offer select cruises to Perfect Day at CocoCay. Modernized in 2018, Independence of the Seas will be one of 6 Royal Amplified cruise ships homeporting on the east coast of Florida in 2020.
- Vision of the Seas will be sailing 10- and 11-night voyages from Fort Lauderdale FL to the Southern Caribbean. The vessel will call at St. Thomas, St. Kitts & Nevis, San Juan, St. Maarten and Antigua on the 10-night itineraries. The 11-night itineraries include an overnight in Oranjestad, Aruba.
- Rhapsody of the Seas will return to her longtime homeport of Tampa FL in 2020 to offer Panama Canal escapes and arrive at the UNESCO World Heritage city of Colon and San Lorenzo castle in one 11-night trip. The regular 7-night itineraries of the ship will call on Caribbean destinations like Belize, Mexico, and Grand Cayman. Also returning to her homeport of Tampa FL, Brilliance of the Seas is due to join Rhapsody of the Seas for the season, continuing with 4- and 5-night cruises to the Western Caribbean.