Bridgetown cruise port serves the Barbados Island (Caribbean Sea). Barbados port authority is the company "Bridgetown Cruise Terminals Inc". Its largest shareholders (investors) are the Government of Barbados (through the state-wned company "Barbados Port Inc", with 30% of the shares) and the private companies "Goddard Enterprises Ltd (20%) and Cave Shepherd & Co Ltd (20%). The remaining 30% of the cruise terminal's shares are held by the general public (subscribed at the initial building stage of port's development).
Barbados is included in many Southern Caribbean cruise itineraries, also visiting Leeward Islands (Guadeloupe, St Martin, St Barts, Nevis, St Kitts), Greater Antilles, Windward Islands (Martinique, St Vincent, St Lucia, Dominica), Curacao, Bonaire, Aruba.
Bridgetown Barbados also serves as turnaround (departure) port for cruise ships in the fleets of Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Princess, P&O UK (fly-cruise deals from UK during the winter season).
Highlights: Windward Island, Bridgetown, Beaches
Bridgetown cruise terminal
Bridgetown Barbados cruise port terminal (aka "Deep Water Harbour") is operational since January 14, 1994. The port of Barbados has 4 deepwater quays with capacity to accommodate up to 6 cruise vessels at a time. The berths are numbered 2, 3, 4, and the "sugar berth", in addition to the port's breakwater. Rarely, when all berths are occupied, cruise ships dock at the Esso (cargo) terminal.
- Bridgetown cruise ship terminal offers modern amenities and facilities, such as Health Center, Customs, Immigration, Animal Quarantine, Barbados Tourism Office (tourist info center), Post Office. Other terminal building facilities are cafes, 2 restaurants (open-air, with full-service bars), business (conference) facility, a hand-made pottery (Bajan craft) shop, 21 duty-free shops (all air-conditioned, tax-free prices are 30-50% cheaper than in the USA or UK / Europe), car rental offices, internet zone.
- There is a special departure area for passengers with pre-booked shore excursions and tours in Barbados.
- Bridgetown Cruise Terminal has a total area of 60,000 ft2 (5575 m2), of which approx 20,000 ft2 (1860 m2) is the shopping area. Outside the port's entrance is the Chattel Village (marketplace) with 16 outdoor shops. Also there is a bus stop / taxi rank.
- The port is located approx 13 ml (21 km) from the Grantley Adams Airport. The shuttle bus service from the port to the city center is at additional cost (USD 1 pp). Taxi ride is about 5 min, and cost around USD 4 per cab. The walking distance from the port to the city is around 15 min (along the boardwalk).
Bridgetown tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Barbados Garrison: World Heritage Site of UNESCO. It dates from 1780 when it was established to be the Imperial Forces’ military headquarter. Now it is a home to the Barbados Defence Force. You can tour George Washington House, St. Ann’s Fort, the Barbados National Armoury and the Savannah park.
- Parliament Buildings: or the “Public Buildings”. They were constructed in the period 1870-1874 of coral limestone in neo-gothic style. They house the Barbados Parliament. The Senate and House of Assembly are housed in the east wing. The Parliament Museum and the National Gallery are housed in the west wing. There also is the clock tower.
- National Heroes Square: formerly Trafalgar Square, it is located between the Parliament buildings and the Constitution River Inner Basin. There you will see three sculptures. The first is a a memorial to the Barbadians that were killed during the two World Wars. The Lord Horatio Nelson bronze statue marks the center of the city. The clamshell-shaped fountain is the third one.it is a memorial of the Bridgetown first piped water.
- St. Michael’s Cathedral: located two blocks away from the National Heroes Square, direction East. It dates from 1789 and replaced the 1665 wooden building. The church is made of coral stone and got its cathedral status when Bishop William Harte Coleridge arrived in 1825.
- Nidhe Israel Synagogue: UNESCO World Heritage Site. One of the oldest Western Hemisphere synagogues dates from 1654.
- Queen’s Park: located beside St. Michael’s Row, east of downtown.
- Barbados Museum: the St. Ann’s Garrison British military prison houses the museum. You will find great variety of exhibitions.
- Beaches: visit the beautiful Gold Coats beaches. Great for watersports is Payne’s bay. The Brighton Beach, Brandon’s Beach and Paradise Beach are located in the Fresh Water Bay, next to Payne’s bay.
The Bridgetown cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Bridgetown, Barbados.
If you lose the Bridgetown location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Bridgetown cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Bridgetown, Barbados. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 January, 2017
3 January, 2017
4 January, 2017
5 January, 2017
6 January, 2017
7 January, 2017
8 January, 2017
10 January, 2017
11 January, 2017
13 January, 2017
14 January, 2017
15 January, 2017
17 January, 2017
19 January, 2017
21 January, 2017
22 January, 2017
24 January, 2017
26 January, 2017
28 January, 2017
29 January, 2017
31 January, 2017
2 January, 2017
9 January, 2017
12 January, 2017
16 January, 2017
18 January, 2017
20 January, 2017
23 January, 2017
25 January, 2017
27 January, 2017
30 January, 2017
Royal Caribbean will debut a robust array of new thrills and enhancements on Adventure of the Seas this November, such as new dual racer waterslides...June 11, 2016
P&O Cruises announced the launch of its most varied and largest cruise programme for 2017-2018. Opening for sale April 4, 2016 the new...March 20, 2016
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines offers its guests two new Caribbean fly-cruises for 2016 winter aboard 929-passenger ship ms Braemar. Guests can choose...December 12, 2015
Thomson Cruises revealed a number of itinerary changes for its fleet in 2016, including a new homeport for the new Thomson Discovery. After...October 22, 2015
Cruise and Maritime Voyages announced that line's 600-passenger ship Astor would return to Australia for her fourth season from 2016 October through...August 11, 2015
SeaDream Yacht Club’s twin mega-yachts are once again returning to the Caribbean for winter 2015-2016 season. Both ships will ring in the New...June 25, 2015
Seabourn announced its schedule of voyages for the 2016 fall and 2017 winter seasons. The program features 28 unique itineraries, 104 departures of 7...April 21, 2015