Bridgetown cruise port is the Port of Barbados. The Caribbean Island will welcome you with white sands beaches, natural beauty and wide range of attractions. The cruise ship schedule includes destination like the Leeward Isles (Guadeloupe, St Martin, St Barts, Nevis, St Kitts), the Greater Antilles, the former Netherland Antilles, the Windward Isles (Martinique, St Vincent, St Lucia, Dominica), Curacao, Bonaire and Aruba. Bridgetown cruise port is a favorite place for P&O Cruises, Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Windstar Cruises, Silversea and Fred Olsen lines.
Highlights: Windward Island, Bridgetown, Beaches
Bridgetown cruise terminal
The cruises from Bridgetown cruise port terminal is over one hundred per year. The port is located in the South Caribbean center and it is excellent departure port.
Bridgetown Cruise Port Terminal initially had to provide access to the island’s shops and services. It is operational since January 14, 1994 and it is also known as the Deep Water Harbour.
Bridgetown Cruise port has four quays which are deepwater and can accommodate up to 6 large cruise ships simultaneously. The berth are 2, 3,4, the sugar berth and the breakwater. Rarely the cruise ships use the Esso terminal.
Bridgetown Cruise port offers departments such as Health Center, Customs, Immigration, Animal Quarantine, Barbados Tourism Office and Post Office. The facilities are cafes, bars, restaurants, a business facility, duty free shops, car rental offices, internet zone. You can buy souvenirs, arts, T-Shirts, perfumes, crystal, jewelery, china, cigars, cigarettes, liquor.
Outside Bridgetown Cruise port entrance you will see the Chattel Village – colorful marketplace. In front you can pick up a taxi or take a bus from the local transportation service.
Bridgetown tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Barbados Garrison: World Heritage Site of UNESCO. It dates from 1780 when it was established to be the Imperial Forces’ military headquarter. Now it is a home to the Barbados Defence Force. You can tour George Washington House, St. Ann’s Fort, the Barbados National Armoury and the Savannah park.
- Parliament Buildings: or the “Public Buildings”. They were constructed in the period 1870-1874 of coral limestone in neo-gothic style. They house the Barbados Parliament. The Senate and House of Assembly are housed in the east wing. The Parliament Museum and the National Gallery are housed in the west wing. There also is the clock tower.
- National Heroes Square: formerly Trafalgar Square, it is located between the Parliament buildings and the Constitution River Inner Basin. There you will see three sculptures. The first is a a memorial to the Barbadians that were killed during the two World Wars. The Lord Horatio Nelson bronze statue marks the center of the city. The clamshell-shaped fountain is the third one.it is a memorial of the Bridgetown first piped water.
- St. Michael’s Cathedral: located two blocks away from the National Heroes Square, direction East. It dates from 1789 and replaced the 1665 wooden building. The church is made of coral stone and got its cathedral status when Bishop William Harte Coleridge arrived in 1825.
- Nidhe Israel Synagogue: UNESCO World Heritage Site. One of the oldest Western Hemisphere synagogues dates from 1654.
- Queen’s Park: located beside St. Michael’s Row, east of downtown.
- Barbados Museum: the St. Ann’s Garrison British military prison houses the museum. You will find great variety of exhibitions.
- Beaches: visit the beautiful Gold Coats beaches. Great for watersports is Payne’s bay. The Brighton Beach, Brandon’s Beach and Paradise Beach are located in the Fresh Water Bay, next to Payne’s bay.
The Bridgetown cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Bridgetown, Barbados.
If you lose the Bridgetown location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Bridgetown cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Bridgetown, Barbados. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
26 October, 2016
5 October, 2016
12 October, 2016
19 October, 2016
22 October, 2016
23 October, 2016
25 October, 2016