Sept-Iles is a port city in Quebec Canada, located in the state's Cote-Nord region. The city has population around 26,000 (metro around 30,000).
- Sept-Iles is the seat of Mingan judicial district. It is also among the northernmost sites with paved connection to the rest of the road network of Quebec. The town is often called Uashau, which means "bay," in Innu language.
- The only settlements found on the paved road network which are farther north include Fermont, Chisasibi and Radisson, the last two in province's extreme western portion at the north end of James Bay Road. The remaining, higher latitudes' settlements in the province are mostly isolated Innu, Inuit or Cree villages, with access that is limited to seasonal gravel roads.
- Iron ore concentrate from IOC (Iron Ore Company of Canada) activities in Labrador City is transported by Quebec North Shore & Labrador Railway and shipped to markets around the world from Sept-Iles port facilities. Iron ore from Bloom Lake and Wabush is also shipped at the port facilities of Point Noire.
- The city of Sept-Iles has become the forefront of Quebec tourist industry. The city witnessed its 2nd consecutive year of major cruise ship calls in 2010. The previous year Sept-Iles saw the docking of 2 important cruise ships: Norwegian Spirit and ms Maasdam. This new activity is promoted and directed by Destination Sept-Iles Nakauinanu corporation, and financed by various levels of government, tourist organizations, and by the administration of Innu community.
- The building of a new wharf at the cost of CA$20 million is under way for prospective cruise ship calls.
The Sept-Iles cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Sept-Iles, Quebec, Canada.
If you lose the Sept-Iles location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Sept-Iles cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Sept-Iles, Quebec, Canada. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
16 August, 2017
P&O Cruises is bringing forward its booking cycle by 6 months as it launches its 2018 cruise programme earlier than ever. The cruise line...September 6, 2016
- show more news