Zeebrugge/Bruges cruise port is the largest Flanders’ passengers port. Zeebrugge is 17 km from Bruges. The port is also popular with its ferry connection to Hull, UK. Zeebrugge/Bruges cruise port is the fastest access to the famous historical Belgian cities. Ghent is 50 km from the port and Antwerp and Brussels are 100 km away. The city of Bruges (or Brugge) is listed as an UNESCO world heritage city.
Zeebrugge/Bruges cruise port is in the itineraries of major lines including Royal Caribbean International, P&O Cruises, MSC Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Princess Cruises, Holland Amirica Line, Cunard, Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, Regent, Ibero Cruceros, Silversea, Royal Clipper, Oceania Cruises and AIDA.
Highlights: Medieval city and ancient churches
Zeebrugge cruise terminal
Zeebrugge/Bruges cruise port doesn’t have a dedicated terminal building. Future plans for development include construction of Zeebrugge/Bruges cruise port terminal in 2015.
Currently the cruise ships dock at the commercial port. Most occupied is Zweedse Kaai or the Swedish Quay. It is located 3 km from the center of the city. Ships also berth at the Albert II dock or the Leopold II dam. Both are 2 km from the closest bus and train stations, located in the western area of the port.
Port authorities offer free shuttle service to the end of the port area, because it is a large, commercial are and walking is not recommended.
Bruges is 17 km from Zeebrugge/Bruges cruise port and there are several options to reach it. There is a direct bus service from the ferry terminal. Also, there are available taxis at the ferry terminal. If you take the free shuttle service from the Zeebrugge/Bruges cruise port, you can use the public transportation service – bus or train.
Zeebrugge tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Belfort: the symbol of Bruges. The bell tower is extraordinary and stunning. She was a backdrop in several movies and also part of literature works.
- Burg: the square showcases amazing architectural masterpieces. So does the other famous square – Markt.
- Heilig-Bloedbasiliek: or Basilica of the Holy Blood is the next proof that Bruges deserves to be a premier World Heritage city of Unesco.
- Church of Our Lady: dates from the Middle Ages and houses the famous Michelangelo sculpture of the Madonna and Child.
- City Hall: located on the Burg square, it dates from the 14th century. It is a Gothic building.
- Sint-Salvator Cathedral: the Bruges’s cathedral dates from the 10th century and looks almost as it did when it was built.
- Jeruzalemkerk: the Jerusalem Church dates from the 15th century. It houses also a museum.
- Groeningemuseum: the art collection is the most important one in the country.
- Gotische Zaal: or the Gothic Hall. Majestic building located in the old Brugge.
The Zeebrugge cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Zeebrugge, Bruges, Belgium.
If you lose the Zeebrugge location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Zeebrugge cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Zeebrugge, Bruges, Belgium. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
2 January, 2017
4 January, 2017
11 January, 2017
18 January, 2017
25 January, 2017
Christmas Cruises are now top of more Brits' wish lists than ever before, with a 60% rise in internet searches during the first 6 months of...November 2, 2016
P&O Cruises revealed further information on their plans for the refurbishment of the 69,000-tonne, 1,800-guest Oriana cruise ship next month...October 21, 2016
MSC Meraviglia will be based in Hamburg for 2018 summer season. Thus, the vessel will become the largest cruise ship ever to be homeported there...September 28, 2016
AIDA Cruises signed an agreement with Shell as LNG provider of its new flagship, AIDAprima. The strategic cooperation was signed in Rotterdam on...April 21, 2016
P&O Cruises made the decision to cancel a call to Zeebrugge on Saturday (March 27) of line's flagship Britannia as a result of the terrorist...March 24, 2016