American Spirit Review and Specifications
Specifications of American Spirit
|Year built||2004 / Age : 14|
|Builder||Chesapeake Shipbuilding (Salisbury, Maryland USA)|
|Owner||American Cruise Lines Inc|
|Operator||American Cruise Lines|
|Speed||14 kn / 26 kph / 16 mph|
|Length (LOA)||67 m / 220 ft|
|Beam (width)||13 m / 43 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1955 gt|
|Passengers||94 - 102|
|Decks with cabins||4|
Review of American Spirit
Launched in 2005, American Spirit is one of American Cruise Lines ships, together with the paddlewheelers Queen of the West, American Pride, American Eagle and Queen of the Mississippi, as well as American Glory, American Star and Independence.
History - construction & ownership
American Cruise Lines (ACL) is a small cruise line with headquarters in Guilford, Connecticut, operational since 1991. The 1,955-ton, 100-passenger cruise ship American Spirit is US flagged, ACL owned and operated by US crew members. The vessel is compliant with Passenger Vessel Services Act. American Spirit was built by Chesapeake Shipbuilding (Salisbury, Maryland, USA).
Cruise itinerary program
American Spirit has 4 passenger decks and can accommodate up to 100 passengers in 51 staterooms as all staterooms (including 5 single cabins), feature interior entrances, windows, private bathrooms and 26 of them – small private balconies.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
MS American Spirit has one Dining Room that offers regional cuisine. Other options for a drink include Maindeck Lounge, Midship lounge and Cascade lounge.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
American Spirit clientele consists of well-traveled Americans. The onboard atmosphere is casual and friendly. Various port visits are offered every day. Due to its smaller size, American Spirit can visit the smallest ports with historic architecture and museums during the shore excursions. Room-service is available twice a day. Internet access and Wi-Fi are complimentary. Other amenities are the flat TVs, DVDs, individual climate control, free cocktails before dinner. American Spirit has a Library Lounge, putting green, sun shade.
American Spirit wiki
- Cabin grades number: 5
- Total number of cabins: 74 (of which 1 Suite, 26 Balcony rooms, 47 Oceanview, 0 Inside).
- Fitness, Library, Lifts (all decks), Lounges (4), Grand Dining Room (with open seating).
- Room-Service (twice daily), Internet, WiFi Access (complimentary), single cabins (5), flat TVs (DVD), picture windows, individual climate control, desk, stationary, closet, 4-drawer dressers, American staff/crew, cuisine (regional & seasonal), social hour (free cocktails) before dinner.
- Room sizes are over 200 ft2 / 19 m2, (75% are with a private balcony), with large picture windows and private bathrooms.
- Clientele - predominantly well-traveled older North Americans, casual, relaxing and friendly atmosphere, interesting itineraries with port visits every day.
- This is a coastal passenger ship similar as design to the American Cruise Lines American Star ship.
- Because of their smaller sizes, most ACL ships can visit smallest ports featuring historic architecture, museums and amazing shore excursions.
- 7-day "Puget Sound and San Juan Islands" from Seattle
- 7-day "Southeast Alaska" from Juneau
- 11-day "Alaska Inside Passage" cruises departing from both Seattle and Juneau.