Emerald Waterways fleet
Review of Emerald Waterways
Emerald Waterways is an affordable river cruise line company established in 2013 (operational since 2014). The company is a division (subsidiary / brand) of the Australian cruisetour operator Scenic Tours. The parent company Scenic Tours offers a huge variety of leisure travel deals - from 5-star luxury riverboat cruises to land tours and coach travel excursions in Australia, Europe and USA. The Scenic's river cruise brand is known on the Australian market as "Evergreen Waterways".
The Emerald Waterways cruise line debuted with 2 innovative top-luxury river ships - Sky and Star. In 2015, a second pair of sister-ships joined the fleet - Dawn and Sun. A 5th boat was scheduled for launch in 2016 (Emerald Belle), but a construction yard fire accident postponed the launch for 2017. The boat's name was also changed to "Destiny", joining the 2017 inaugurated Liberte and Radiance.
Overall, the company has raised the bar within the budget river cruising market. The company is positioned somewhere between the 3- and 4-star lines. It competes with established brands like Avalon Waterways and Viking Cruises by boasting less expensive fares and innovative design touches.
The following YouTube video provides information regarding Emerald Waterways river cruise ships' general onboard amenities and services on the company's "Star-Ship" class boats. It provides information on onboard activities and amenities, along with the boats' best deckplan features.
One of the new river cruise companies, Emerald Waterways targets the European inland waterways cruising market exclusively. The line operates the following Scenic Tours-owned riverboats:
- Emerald Harmony (2019) - Mekong River cruises in Cambodia and Vietnam
- Emerald Belle (2016) was damaged by fire during construction, and replaced by Emerald Destiny (2017)
- Emerald Liberte (2017) - cruises in France (on Saone and Rhone rivers)
- Emerald Radiance (2017) - cruises on Douro River in Portugal
- Emerald Sky (2014)
- Emerald Star (2014)
- Emerald Sun (2015)
Emerald Waterways ships have some of the best crew to guest ratios on the European riverboats. One of the best innovations for the fleet is the dual-purpose area - the line's signature "pool cinema" complex) located Deck 3 aft on the "star ships". The area transforms from a heated indoor pool (with retractable roof) at day time into a cinema at night - an unique river cruise ship feature. The second impressive feature is the Emerald's balcony stateroom that transforms into a conservatory with a button-touch.
The rest of the innovations are fairly standard on newbuilds in the modern era of European river cruising. Among those are the private balconies for the majority of cabins, good-sized suites and open-air alternative dining spots. The alfresco dining area at bow of the ships provides informal alternative dining options for breakfast and lunch, but most meals are served in the Reflections Restaurant - the riverboat's main dining room.
Next YouTube video is about shipboard dining options.
Emerald Waterways cruise deals inclusions
Emerald Waterways river cruise tour deals are inclusive of:
- some flights (depending on market and special offers)
- all transfers (to and from the ship)
- guided sightseeing / shore excursions, also city tours
- gourmet dining, all meals onboard (and some ashore)
- (top suite cabins only) pre-dinner canapes, after-dinner sweet treats
- unlimited tea and coffee
- bottled water (in all cabins / replenished daily)
- free drinks (wine, beer, sof drinks, espresso, cappuccino) with every meal
- complimentary bicycle
- free Internet / WiFi access
- live onboard entertainment
- all onboard and excursion gratuities
- impeccable service.
Itinerary of Emerald Waterways
Vacation travelers wishing to explore Southeast Asia while experiencing a level of luxury style should check out the new Mekong River cruise itineraries of Emerald Waterways.
- A signature 16-day itinerary on the purpose-built Mekong Navigator riverboat explores Vietnam and Cambodia along the Mekong River.
- In addition to the 16-day river cruise tour from Hanoi to Siem Reap, Emerald Waterways offers an 8-day "Magnificent Mekong", 12-day "Mekong Discovery" and 19-day "Vietnam & Cambodia Explorer" B2B itineraries.
- Owned by the Austria-based company Lueftner Cruises, this luxurious ship is often charted by large European river cruise companies, including Uniworld, Emerald Waterways, Haimark Travel, Vantage Deluxe World Travel, Saga.
Croatia's Dalmatian Coast yacht cruises (Adriatic Sea)
Emerald Waterways offers small yacht cruises along Dalmatian Coast (Croatia, Adriatic Sea). The company offers 8-day cruise itinerary (April through October) with "land and sea" packages of 11-days (to Zagreb) and 16-days (to Budapest Hungary.
- The 8-day "Island of Dalmatia Cruise" starts or ends in Trogir, Croatia. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is popular with its historic town center, Renaissance architecture and medieval streets.
- The cruise also visits Sibenik, one of the oldest Adriatic Coast's towns; Hvar, famous for its lavender fields, vineyards, terracotta-roofed villas. Another nice stop, Pucisca, is a town on Brac Island, hailed as one of the most scenic European villages. Korcula is among the greenest islands in Adriatic and Ston is popular as a jewel of Adriatic Coast. Passengers will take a guided tour including wine tasting. And also, Dubrovnik, “the pearl of the Adriatic,” offers Baroque buildings, ancient city walls, and historic old town which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The 11-day "Island of Dalmatia Cruise and Zagreb" package offers 8-day yachting plus 3 nights in Croatia;s capital city Zagreb.
- The 16-day "Discover Croatia and the Islands of Dalmatia" package offers the 8-day cruise; 3 nights in the seaside resort Opatija on Kvarner Gulf; 2 nights in Slovenia's Lake Bled, situated at the base of Julian Alps and 3 nights in Zagreb.
Emerald Waterways yacht cruise deals are on the ships Adriatic Princess (2017) and Adriatic Princess II (2019) - newbuild 36-passenger boats featuring a salon-restaurant with bar, lounge terrace, aft marina platform with pool ladders (for sea access) and serving watersports.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All river passenger shipping line companies and their fleets are listed there.
Emerald Waterways related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
In 2019, Emerald Waterways adds to its fleet of Star-Ships a new vessel sailing on Mekong River. The 73-metre Emerald Harmony, line’s 8th Star...July 24, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Emerald Waterways announced the addition of 2 new 8-day cruises along the Danube in 2019. The Classic Danube cruise (sailing from Nuremberg to Vienna...June 25, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Emerald Waterways opened bookings for its luxury yacht cruises along Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast in Adriatic Sea. The cruise line is offering an...March 31, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Group announced it had purchased North American tour operator Mayflower Tours. The tour operator will continue to work as a separate entity...February 22, 2018
- show more news