Review of Carnival Legend deck 9 (Lido-Pool-Spa)
- The fore-located Spa Carnival and Fitness Center (open between 6 am – 10 pm) is the ship’s wellness complex on 2 levels. Lower level consists of Gymnasium (complimentary, tiered/terraced design, floor-ceiling windows, equipped with free weights /TROY dumbbells, weight machines, treadmills, steppers, ellipticals, recumbent exercise cycles, Concept 2/indoor rowing machines, Kinesis wall), Spa Whirlpool (glass-enclosed hot tub bath located inside the gym, with glass-roof cover), The Helen of Troy Beauty Salon (facials, manicure/pedicure, hair styling-cutting-coloring, eye brow shaping, makeup, waxing, grooming-barbering, teeth whitening, Medi-Spa), Reception, 10 Treatment Rooms (incl for acupuncture, couples massage, hot stone, Botox, body wraps) and separate male/female lockers (2 changing rooms, each with complimentary sauna/steam room/showers). The lockers’ showers are glass-enclosed and multi-jet. Shower heads are massaging (rainhead- 1 above and 4 side). The ship has no Thermal Suite (Tepidarium with heated loungers). During massages and wraps guests should wear bathing suits. ZSPA (teen spa treatments for teenager 12-17 yo) include facials, massages, scrubs, manicures/pedicures, hair styling-coloring-cutting.
- Carnival Spa menu of treatments (facials and massages using Elemis products) includes (duration in minutes, prices in USD pp) – Acupressure (50 min $150), Oxydermy Facial (50 min $150), Aroma Stone Therapy (75 min $175), Thai Herbal Poultice Massage (rhythmic, acupressure movements, 75 min $175), Bamboo Massage (50 min $145, 75 min $180), Absolute Spa Ritual (100 min $240), Reflexology (50 min $105), Couples Massage (full body Swedish or Elemis, 50 min $240), Deep Tissue Muscle Massage (50 min $115), Swedish Massage (50 min $110), Ionithermie Cellulite Reduction (50 min $145, 3 course $360), Ionithermie Cheek Lift (50 min $145), Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt Glow (half body 50 min $140, full body 75 min $180), Aroma Spa Seaweed Massage (heated mask, half body 75 min $175, full body 100 min $235), Fire and Ice (45 min, manicure $50, pedicure $70), Traditional (manicure 25 min $30, pedicure 45 min $45), Tooth Whitening (free consultation, 30 min /$150 pp, $260 couple), Waxing (prices range from $15 lip-chin, to $90 full leg), hairdresser services (prices range from $30 to $95), Pro-Collagen Grooming Treatment with Shave (facial, massage, double close shave /55 min $85), Express Shave (30 min $40), Skin IQ for Men Facial (50 min / $105), Urban Cleanse for Men Facial (50 min / $115).
- Carnival Spa menu of Medi-Spa treatments includes – Acupuncture (by certified acupuncturist, first session 50 min $150, additional sessions up to 45 min $125, first facial session 75 min, additional facial sessions up to 60 min), Medi-Spa Cosmetic Treatments (free doctor consultation), Dermal Filler Treatments (Restylane, Perlane /30 min), BOTOX Cosmetic, DYSPORT Wrinkle Treatments (both are upper face, nonsurgical and FDA approved /30 min). All Medi-Spa treatments are administered on the ship by a dedicated physician (licensed medical doctor).
- Carnival Spa menu of ZSPA treatments (for teenagers 12-17 yo). In brackets are shown duration (in minutes) and cost (prices in USD pp). The menu includes – Fabulously Fruity Facial (50 min $100), Acne Attack Facial (50 min $100), Heavenly Massage (aromatherapy oils, Swedish massage, 50 min $90), Paradise Massage (mother and daughter, 25 min $100, 50 min $195), Chill Out Massage (father and son, 25 min $100, 50 min $195), Surfers Scrub (25 min $65), Fitness Frenzy (3 boot camp classes, $55), Magical Manicure (25 min $30), Sole Mate (45 min $40). The list of Beauty Salon services for teens includes – boys (cut only 30 min $25), boys and girls (cut and color 120 min $120), girls (cut only 60 min $60), style only (30 min $45). ZSPA services are available between 8 am – 8 pm. Upon booking treatments, teens must be accompanied by an adult (parent/guardian) who completes and signs the ZSPA form.
- Camelot Pool (forward pool with 1 Whirlpool) and Avalon Pool (main pool with 1 Whirlpool; covered with Sky Dome sliding roof), both served by the Avalon Bar; with Stage for live performances and contests)
- Unicorn Cafe Lido Restaurant (complimentary, 1396 seats) is the ship’s self-service buffet restaurant for open-seating Breakfast (7:30 am – 12 noon /made-to-order omelet station), Lunch (12 noon – 2:30 pm), Dinner (6 – 9:30 pm /Good Eats buffet) and for Late Night Snacks (11 pm – 1 am). Good Eats buffet menu is a Main Dining Room dinner alternative offering steaks, prime rib, grilled chicken, pastas, salads, desserts, daily Chef’s Special. Lido restaurant consists of various take-away food stations and themed food bars. Among those are Carnival Deli (sandwiches, draught beer dispenser), Mongolian Wok (stir-fry, made-to-order Asian food /you choose the ingredients), Chopsticks (Chinese food, seafood, sushi), Pasta Bar (choice of 3 pastas, 4 sauces, 12 toppings), Salad Bar (35 items), Pizzeria (24-hour), Chef’s Choice Bar (international cuisine /different menu each day), Hot and Cold Buffet (stir-fry, pastas, carving station), Grille (ham-cheese-veggie burgers, hot dogs, fries, chicken fritters/sandwiches, sauteed mushrooms/onions, sauerkraut, Chili con Carne, homemade tortillas-chips-salsa), Dessert Bar (incl sugar-free items). There are also (self-serve, complimentary, 24-hour) tea/coffee station and machines for soft ice cream and yogurt. Chocolate Extravaganza Buffet (complimentary) is on the last seaday (7-day and longer cruise itineraries) and offers chocolate smorgasborg, chocolate fountain, cakes (incl pear, orange, cheesecake, dry fruit, diet).
- Carnival Deli (complimentary, open between 11 am – 11 pm) offers hot/cold sandwiches and sides, and has a draft beer dispenser (for ThirstyFrog Red and Bud Light).
- Pizzeria del Capitano (complimentary, 24-hour, self-serve) is equipped with a wood-fired oven and offers fresh-baked pizzas (Margherita, Pepperoni, Napolitana, Capricciosa, Calzone), pan pizza, Caesar salad, also made-to-order pies.
- Lido Cafe (open between 7 am – 4 pm) is a specialty coffee bar (a la carte priced Barista coffees, milkshakes, pastries, cookies, ice cream sandaes) also operating as dinner bistro (complimentary food, waiter-served) between 6 – 9:30 pm.
- Serenity is the ship’s adults-only retreat for passengers 21+ yo. This is an aft-location outdoor area with 1 swimming pool, 1 whirlpool (large-size outdoor hot tub), Snack Bar, Towel Bar, an exclusive sundeck for relaxation and sunbathing (furnished with hammocks, padded wicker chaise lounges and clamshell chairs), a separate shaded seating area (tables, padded wicker chairs and sofas). The adult deck is complimentary (free entry) and accessible at any time. The adult pool, whirlpool and the Serenity Bar are available between 8 am – 10 pm only. Hours may vary depending on cruise itinerary, portdays/seadays, weather. The waiter-served Serenity Bar offers drinks and refreshments (cocktails, beer/buckets, wine, frozens, smoothies, shakes, soda). Snack Bar (open between 12 noon – 6 pm) offers complimentary sandwiches, fresh salads, desserts. Serenity Deck is conveniently located close to the Unicorn Cafe buffet restaurant.
Lido Deck (swimming pools)