Review of Oasis Of The Seas deck 8 (Central Park)
- Rising Tide Bar (elevator bar / upper level; base level is on deck 5).
- Central Park (neighborhood / bar-dining district) is an outdoor relax area with plenty of seating, live park (tropical plants and trees in several gardens), live entertainment (Dreamworks Character meets-greets, guitar performances, wine tastings, art auctions). Central Park gardens feature a collection of live plants of mostly sub-tropical trees and shrubs, seasonal flowers. There are 5-deck high “green walls” of flowering vines spanning up to 25 ft / 8 m. Oasis cruise ship offers a Central Park guided tour (usually on the itinerary’s last seaday) with duration ~1 hour. Central Park shops include Coach Store (boutique for leather goods- handbags, accessories, sunglasses, scarves). Regallia (designer watches, jewelry) and Tiffany. The first at sea Tiffany boutique shop (size 875 ft2 / 81 m2) was opened on the Oasis ship on Nov 21, 2015. The new luxury store sells Tiffany & Co designer jewelry (full selection, incl engagement rings, earrings, brooches, necklaces, bracelets), Swiss watches, accessories.
- Parkside Gallery displays and sells modern artworks. Art auctions are hosted daily at the Boleros Lounge (deck 5).
- Central Park Library
- Vintages (open between 12 am – 1 am, 73 seats) is the RCI’s signature wine bar with a la carte tapas menu. The menu has appetizers (at US$5 each) and an extensive selection of fine wines and Champagnes (by the glass and bottle). Vintages Bar offers scheduled daily wine education classes and wine tasting events (with sommelier service), a tapas menu (for lunch/dinner) and sometimes an all-you-can-eat buffet (for a ﬁxed fee). Vintages Bar on the Oasis ship has the biggest wine bottle in the world (8 ft / 2,4 m long).
- 150 Central Park (menu, open between 6 – 9:30 pm, 76 seats) is a specialty restaurant at surcharge US$40 per person. Reservations are required, dress code is formal. The restaurant has a 6-course tasting menu by celebrity chef Michael Schwartz. Wine pairings are available at extra charge (US$75 PP). The menu has itinerary-based dishes made with seasonal food sourcing. Food ingredients are locally-sourced (produced in small farms in Florida). Among the menu items are tapas, soups (potato leek, butternut squash), homemade (mushroom tortellini, crabmeat raviolini), pan-roasted halibut, grilled tuna, poulet rouge chicken, grilled pork loin, braised beef short rib, vegetarian dishes and desserts (lemon tart, milk chocolate cremeux, chocolate bourbon tart, yogurt panna cota). There are two main (rotating) menus – Shadehouse Menu (Sunday through Wednesday) and Harvest Menu (Thursday through Saturday).
- Park Cafe (100 seats) a complimentary deli restaurant with both indoor/outdoor seating (on the Central Park). Park Cafe is open for Breakfast (7:30 – 11 am, with hot panini sandwiches and made-your-own bagels) and Lunch (11:30 am – 6 pm) offering delicious sandwiches (incl Kummelweck /roast beef on weck) and custom-made salads.
- Giovanni’s Table (menu, 96 seats) is the RCI’s signature Italian specialty restaurant (family-style trattoria) at surcharge per person (US$20 lunch, US$25 dinner). Giovanni’s restaurant is open for Lunch (12 – 1:30 pm /seadays only) and Dinner (between 6 – 9.30 pm). Reservations are recommended. Among the traditional Italian dishes served here are focaccia (oven-baked bread), ciabatta, antipasti, salads (caprese, Caesar), fresh-made pesto sauce, seafood stew, lasagna, meatballs, eggplant parmigiana, pasta (pappardelle, gnocchi, risotto, crab ravioli), veal osso buco, beef tenderloin steak, torta (chocolate cake), cannoli, bomboloni (doughnuts), tiramisu.
- Chops Grille (menu, 130 seats) is a premium steakhouse-seafood restaurant open for Dinner-only (between 5:30 – 9:30 pm). This is a specialty restaurant (at US$39 surcharge per person) with an open kitchen allowing guests to watch the food preparation. Reservations are recommended. Included in the surcharge are bread with butter (first-served), 2 appetizers, 1 entree and desserts. At extra charge from the menu can be ordered soups, salads, prime meat (beef, veal, pork, lamb, poultry) and seafood specialties. Among those are New York strip steak (12 oz), filet mignon (6 oz, 9 oz), veal chop parmesan, short ribs, lamb chops, roasted chicken, crusted tuna, snapper Veracruz, grilled branzino, lobster, shrimp, scallops. Steaks are served with a choice of 3 sauces (bearnaise, peppercorn, bordelaise). Among the upsell dishes are dry-aged steaks (16 oz), porterhouse (20 oz), Maine Lobster. Chops Grille menu also has sides/sharables (mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, truffled creamed corn, roasted mushrooms, grilled vegetables) and desserts (chocolate pie, chocolate lava cake, red velvet cake, cheesecake, warm cookie plate, ice cream, specialty coffees).
- Trellis Bar (20 seats) is a Central Park bar (outdoor) – among the best places for pre-dinner or late-night drinks.
- Dazzles (capacity 222 seats) is the ship’s 2-story Disco Nightclub & Dancing Lounge. It has a large dance floor, bars on both levels, and offers as entertainment daily dance classes (incl ballroom dancing) and nightly themed parties (with DJ programming and often live bands).
- Cruise cabins from 8100 to 8730, of which Inside (categories 3V and 6V), Oceanview (category 6N), Balcony staterooms (categories 1C, 2C, 1D, 4D, 7D and 8D), Boardwalk Balcony staterooms (categories 1I, 2I and 4I), and the rest are Suites (categories – GS-Grand, J3, J4-Junior, A1-AquaTheater Suite).
- deck plan 8 cabins information: All forward-facing / fore-location oceanview staterooms feature a slanted large window overlooking the ship’s bow. Service closets are located near interior rooms 8153 (portside) and 8553 (starboard) so these areas could be busy during morning/early evening hours. Most of the aft balconies offer views of the Aquatheater. Boardwalk View balcony cabins are located above the Boardwalk Neighborhood, so noise could be an issue. Be advised that all the Boardwalk cabins have “interior balconies”, which are not private (can be viewed from verandas located on the opposite side).
Deck 8 changes after Royal Amplified 2019 refurbishment
- Picture This was replaced by Central Park Library. Picture This was a professional portrait studio for private sessions in an indoor setting. The photo studio had several stations with different backgrounds to choose from. Photo sessions also included outdoor settings (around the ship or in onboard venues). Prices were per photo (packages were also available for purchasing).
- One new inside cabin (9458) was added.