Review of Odyssey Of The Seas deck 14 (Lido-Pools-Solarium)
The fore-located Solarium (upper level 2 of 2) is the ship’s adults-only relaxation complex spanning on 2 decks and covered by a glass rooftop.
- The complex features a swimming pool (round-shaped, tiered), 2 large Jacuzzis (whirlpool hot tubs), a sunbathing area (with loungers, live plants for decoration), pool parties (in the evenings).
- The adults' retreat is served with drinks by the Solarium Bar (a light-fare Cafe). There is a 24-hour beverage station for complimentary drinks (coffee, tea, iced tea, flavored waters).
- Solarium's bridge wings (glass-shielded outdoor viewing areas located on both sides) are some of the ship's best vantage points for selfies.
Solarium Bar Bistro (menu) is complimentary and offers “healthy dining” exclusively – fresh-squeezed juices, light fare for Breakfast (yogurt, fruits) and Lunch (including meat/seafood and mixed salads).
- Solarium Bistro’s menu has appetizers (Yellowfin Tuna Sashimi, Mexican Shrimp Bowl, Mediterranean Ratatouille, Mushroom Risotto, Sea Scallops & Whitefish Ceviche), soups (with chicken, seafood, vegetarian), salads (vegetarian), entrees (pasta, salmon, tuna, fish filet, duck, lamb loin, bison tenderloin, pork filet, veal scaloppini), sides, desserts (all are low-fat, no-sugar-added). The menu also has a list of red and white wines (at extra charge /by the glass and bottle).
- Solarium Bistro is less crowded than most other dining venues on the ship. It is also one of the best places for vegetarians healthy food enthusiasts.
- Despite being located in the adults-only complex, kids are also allowed to dine here.
The ship’s Main Pool area has 2 swimming pools (1 outdoor, 1 indoor /under retractable glass roof) each with 2 large whirlpools. Both pools are with expansive sundecks (sunbathing areas with loungers and sunbeds) and shaded areas (with wicker couches) for relaxation. The Main Pool deck is served with drinks and refreshments (frozens, soft drinks, beer/buckets, wine, cocktails) by 2 poolside bars – Pool Bar and Lime & Coconut Bar. The outdoor pool has Jumbotron (giant LED screen) and a stage for live performances. Among the activities here are live band music, games, funny contests, deck parties, food carving demonstrations.
PADI / Sea Trek is a dive shop selling professional water sports gear (diving and snorkeling equipment), souvenirs, skincare products. Here passengers can sign up for basic scuba diving classes and get PADI qualifications.
Outdoor Movie Screen (called Jumbotron) is a poolside complimentary Cinema (huge-sized LED screen) located near the main pool area. It is used daily for showing funny videos and live sporting events, and for watching new movies nightly.
"Splashaway Bay” is an interactive aqua park (freshwater outdoor play area) designed for toddlers and small children. It has 1 “vortex” wave pool (round-shaped), 1 splash pool for babies (swim diapers allowed), 1 lazy-river pool, 2 mini slides (1 open, 1 tubed), 1 whirlpool, 1 giant drench bucket. The splash zone is fitted with colorful sculptures, umbrella jets, fountains, waterfalls, water cannons, gazers, sprinklers, an outdoor playground with a huge jungle-gym (multi-platform), sunbathing area with loungers and kid-size deckchairs. Near the water park are located self-service ice-cream vending machines (open 10 am - 6 pm). Nightly, the kids' park transforms into a garden.
Teppanyaki is a Japanese Hibachi specialty restaurant.
*El Loco Fresh is a complimentary Mexican Cafe restaurant open for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. The traditional Mexican food (including beef burritos, fish tacos, carnitas) is served with mole sauce and salsa verde.
Windjammer Marketplace is the ship’s complimentary Lido-buffet restaurant with traditional Chinese and international cuisine. The Windjammer restaurant is complimentary and open for Breakfast (between 6:30-11 am), Lunch (between 11:30 am - 3:30 pm) and Dinner (between 6-9 pm). The food is displayed in pavilions (rather than a buffet line). The list of themed food stations includes New York Deli (panini sandwiches, rye bread, thin-sliced kosher dill pickles), Salad Bar, The Grill (24-hour, with daily changing menu), Potatoes, Panini (sandwiches), Pizza (by the slice), Fruits, Seafood (incl sushi), Teppanyaki (Japanese cuisine with iron griddle-cooked meals), Chinese hot pot food, Bakery, ice cream, desserts (incl fresh, oven-baked cookies), fresh juices. Windjammer’s complimentary “sushi stations” open for dinner-only (at 6:30 pm). Designated chefs continuously prepare fresh sushi (cooked rolls variations, mostly of eel and tuna). There are no nigirizushi or sashimi (with raw meat) or made-to-order items. Depending on the Anthem of the Seas itinerary, themed food items are also offered. The restaurant has lots of 2-seat tables and features a small outdoor seating area (located aft) for alfresco dining.
Tip: The stairwell in the aft Atrium (connecting decks 13-14) has a see-through/glass floor that allows you to peer down 10 decks - all the way to the Royal Esplanade (Deck 5).