Cadiz is the seaport / cruise port to Seville / Sevilla - the capital and biggest city of Andalusia (autonomous territory in Spain). The city of Seville is on River Guadalquivir and has population around 700,000 (metro around 1.5 million), ranking it Spain's 4th-largest city. Seville harbour is Spain's only river port.
Port Cadiz has been principal Spanish Navy home port since the 18th century accession of House of Bourbon (Frankish royal house) in Spain.
Today, Cadiz is among Europe's main locations for cruise ship drydock refurbishments. The drydock facility is operated by the state-owned shipbuilding company Navantia’, and is the company's largest one - sized over 1,5 million m2.
- Navantia's dry-docks are also among the world's largest with capacity to build vessels with LOA length up to 500 m (1640) and width up to 100 m (328 ft). The shipyard also has 2 of the Spain's largest gantry cranes.
- Navantia’s shipyards specialize in construction of warships and other ocean-going vessels, including patrol ships, large military ships, also special vessels (survey, support, etc). Navantia also specializes in ship repairs and refits / modernizations.
- Cruise ship refits are done at the Port Cadiz-San Fernando Overhaul (drydock facility) which has all the needed the infrastructure and equipment for vessel overhauls and transformations.
- Bay of Cadiz is also home to Navantia’s factory developing combat systems, weapons, vessel control systems, maritime security systems and other products.
- Navantia shipyards provide services to both military and civilian vessels. The company is ranked Europe's 5th largest shipbuilder and the world's 9th largest. Besides Cadiz, Navantia also owns and operates other shipyards all over Spain.
- The Navantia shipbuilder is fully owned by the Spanish Government Industrial Holding (SEPI).
- Navantia's shiprepair services range from regular repairs (maintenance works) to refurnishments and refits / conversions. The company has all the required facilities and expertise for complex shiprepair works, including on LNG-powered vessels and large cruise liners. The company has signed several "Fleet Maintenance Agreements" with major ship-owners and cruise line companies.
Highlights: Seville, Jerez de la Frontera, La Giralda
Cadiz cruise terminal
Cruise ships in Cadiz dock almost in the middle of the city, which is just a short walk from the passenger terminal. The cruise ship terminal in Cadiz is located alongside pier Alfonso XIII. Right across Avenida del Puerto (port aveneu) is Plaza de San Juan de Dios (city's main square) where passengers can find many dining and shopping options.
After the terminal's expansion in 2014, it currently offers a total covered area of 1300 m2 (14000 ft2). The passenger terminal building houses an open-floor designed waiting hall, check-in desks, tourist info desks (providing free city maps), dedicated areas for passenger disembarkation and luggage storage, free Wi-Fi, food and drinks venues, souvenir shops.
The Cadiz cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Cadiz, Spain.
If you lose the Cadiz location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Cadiz cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Cadiz, Spain. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 May, 2017
2 May, 2017
3 May, 2017
4 May, 2017
6 May, 2017
7 May, 2017
8 May, 2017
10 May, 2017
12 May, 2017
13 May, 2017
14 May, 2017
16 May, 2017
17 May, 2017
18 May, 2017
19 May, 2017
20 May, 2017
21 May, 2017
22 May, 2017
23 May, 2017
24 May, 2017
25 May, 2017
26 May, 2017
27 May, 2017
28 May, 2017
31 May, 2017
MS The World is boasting refurbished public areas completed by marine interior specialist Trimline during vessel's 28-day drydock in Cadiz...October 6, 2016
The 170th anniversary of the beginnings of Fred Olsen in shipping industry is to be marked with a special event in Spain 2018. Fred Olsen Cruise...September 22, 2016
Scheduled for delivery in December 2017, MSC Seaside will offer a 20-night trans-Atlantic crossing to her year-round home, PortMiami. The cruise is...May 23, 2016
Shortly before her birthday on June 7, AIDAcara was given a beauty makeover, and is looking splendid for the big 20th anniversary. The cruise ship...February 11, 2016
Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas emerged from an 18-day dry dock in Cadiz, Spain with changes including new cabin types, dining options and...May 22, 2015
Navantia has signed an agreement with Royal Caribbean to provide revitalization, upgrading, ship-repair and related marine services for RCI...April 18, 2015
- show more news