Helsinki cruise port is the busiest port for passengers in Finland. The city is the capital of the country since 1812 and the northernmost European capital. Helsinki cruise port is located on the Gulf of Finland’s shores, Baltic Sea. St Peterburg is 160 nautical miles from Helsinki, direction west. The population of the it is 560,000 (as of 2005).
Helsinki cruise port welcomes more than 350,000 cruise passengers and more than 300 cruise vessels annually. The port is in the ship schedule of major cruise lines including Azamara, Celebrity, Royal, Costa, MSC, Regent, HAL, Norwegian, P&O, Fred Olsen and more. The popular destination to/from Helsinki cruise port are St. Petersburg, Gdynia, Tallinn, Travemünde, Stockholm and Rostock.
Highlights: Elegant city, Senate Square, Uspensky Cathedral
Helsinki cruise terminal
Helsinki cruise port has four docks for international cruise ships – West Harbour, Hernesaari, Katajanokka and South Harbour.
Larger cruise ships dock at Munkkisaari Quay. The Helsinki cruise port terminal there is located at Hernematalankatu 6. The facilities are internet, tourists guide, phone and souvenir shop. The distance to Helsinki airport is 24 km.
There are two quays fro cruise ships – Valtameri Quay and Melkki Quay. Both are located at the south end of Helsinki cruise port West dock. The distance to the center of Helsinki is about two miles and there are shuttle services. You can also catch a taxi or a ferry to the Market Square (Kauppatori).
The cruise ships dock at the Katajanokka district’ s end at Katajanokan laituri 2.
Helsinki cruise port has two quays at its largest dock – Pakkahuone Quay and Olympia Quay. It is located in Helsinki downtown and all attractions are in easy walking distance.
Helsinki tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- The Botanical Garden: Botaniska trädgården will offer you amazing time in its gardens.
- The House of Parliament: or Eduskuntatalo.
- The new opera house: or Finnish National Opera’s Oopperatalo dates from 1993. It is located in Töölö.
- Heureka: the science center is located in Vantaa and features different exhibitions and IMAX.
- Sandudd (Hietaniemi): one of the top-rated beaches in Helsinki. It is near the downtown city.
- Helsinki Olympic Stadium: located at the junction of Mannerheimintie with Helsinginkatu, beyond the the old Trade Fair Hall. You can visit also the Finnish Sport Museum. The statue in front of the entrance is Paavo Nurmi’s, famous runner.
- Linnanmäki Amusement Park: located at Tivolikuja 1, east of the Helsinki Olympic Stadium. The park offers giant wheel, water tower and more. It dates from 1950 but it was continually upgraded and improved.
- House of Culture: located at Sturenkatu 4. Its designer is Alvar Aalto. There is a small Lenin park behind.
- Lastenlinna: or the Children’s Castle.
The Helsinki cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Helsinki, Finland.
If you lose the Helsinki location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Helsinki cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Helsinki, Finland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
5 October, 2016
10 October, 2016
12 October, 2016