Invergordon is a port town located in Cromarty Firth, Easter Ross (Northern Highlands, Scotland). Invergordon is officially ranked Scotland's largest cruise port. Inverness is located to the southeast, at approx 24 ml (39 km) or at around 30 min travel distance (via A9 Road).
- Season 2017's projections were for a record-breaking year with around 45% increase in visiting cruise ship passengers. Based on pre-scheduled ship calls (91 in total), Invergordon port expected approx 142,000 cruise tourists in 2017.
- Port's cruising season starts in April and ends in late November-early December. The first port call in 2017 was by the AIDA Cruises vessel AIDAvita (on April 12) carrying around 1200 passengers. Season 2017 ended with the Fred Olsen ship Black Watch (on December 3) carrying around 800 passengers.
- Port Invergordon is operated by "Port of Cromarty Firth" (abbrev POCF). According to the Port Authority, 2017's passenger influx injected into Highland Scotland's economy over GBP 14 million. Season 2016's port statistics showed 97,993 cruise passengers handled during 63 ship calls to Invergordon.
- Among the near-located popular tourist attractions are Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle ruins. The nearby Inverness is another major cruise tourist destination to explore Scottish history. Other destinations are the 15th century Cawdor Castle, the 13th century Dunrobin Castle (with Earls of Sutherland family memorabilia). Also close to Invergordon is the resort town Tain.
- Visitors can also travel north to see Glenmorangie Distillery, overlooking the shores of Dornoch Firth, and then continue to the town of Dornoch. Sleepy and dignified best describe this wonderful tiny town, clustered around its Cathedral, all in local stone. Don't miss the Falls of Shin situated in a picturesque wood in Achany Glen.
The Invergordon cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Invergordon, Scotland.
If you lose the Invergordon location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Invergordon cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Invergordon, Scotland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
27 March, 2018