Kotor is a coastal town in Montenegro. It's situated in a secluded part of the Gulf of Kotor. The city of Kotor has a population of 13,500 and is the administrative center of Kotor Municipality (total area 335 km2 /129 ml2).
- Kotor's old Mediterranean port is surrounded by fortifications created during the Venetian period. It's located on the Bay of Kotor (also famous as Boka Kotorska), one of the most indented parts of Adriatic Sea. Some have called it Europe's southern-most fjord, but it's a ria, submerged river canyon. Kotor and its surrounding areas form an impressive Mediterranean landscape, together with the nearly overhanging limestone cliffs of Lovćen and Orjen.
- In recent years, Kotor has seen an increase in tourists, many of whom coming by cruise ships. Visitors are attracted by both the old town of Kotor, and the natural beauty of the Gulf of Kotor.
- Kotor is also part of the World Heritage Site dubbed Natural and Culturo-Historical Region of Kotor.
- Along with one of the Adriatic's best preserved medieval old towns, Kotor is also home to a wealth of sights, including the Cathedral of Saint Tryphon situated in the old town (built 1166), and the ancient walls that stretch for 4.5 km (3 ml) above the city.
- Sveti Dorđe and Gospa od Skrpijela islets off Perast's coast are also among the tourist destinations in the vicinity of the port town.
- Kotor hosts a number of summer events, including the Summer Carnival (Bokeljska Noc). Together with the little town of Tuzi, close to Podgorica, and Budva, in May 2009 the city hosted Federation of European Carnival Cities World Carnival City Congress.
Highlights: Fine natural harbour, World Heritage medieval walled town
The Kotor cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Kotor, Montenegro.
If you lose the Kotor location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Kotor cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kotor, Montenegro. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
7 December, 2017
14 December, 2017
21 December, 2017
28 December, 2017