Review of Allure Of The Seas deck 6 (Spa-Boardwalk-AquaTheater)
Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center (upper level 2) is the Fitness area (ShipShape Center, open between 6 am – 1 am). It consists of Gymnasium (complimentary, with Life Fitness equipment for cardio / resistance training), Aerobics Studio (for classes), private training rooms. The Gym has modern bodybuilding and training exercise equipment (free weights, weight machines, treadmills, steppers, ellipticals, stationary bikes, Kinesis wall). In the mornings/afternoons are scheduled health seminars and wellness presentations (free of charge / timeshare events). Some of the fitness classes are at additional charge (cost in USD) – Yoga or Pilates $12, Ryde or TRX Suspension $20, Trilogy (4 sessions / each burning 700 cal) $120, InBody Metabolism Analysis $100. Complimentary are stretching (morning and evening), Fab Abs, Aerobics, the footprint-posture analysis. Fitness rules – children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Kids 16 and under are not allowed. Proper exercise attire is required (incl covered-toe athletic shoes). Swimsuits are not allowed.
- AquaTheater (entry level, capacity 735 seats, aft location) is a complimentary outdoor amphitheater lounge for water shows (water ballet, high-diving/aerial performances). This signature RCI facility has a hydraulic pool (17,9 ft / 5 m deep), dancing fountains (4 types of nozzles), 2000+ water nozzles, 3 pool lifts, 2 diving towers (one 33 ft / 10 m, one 60 ft / 18 m, each with a 10 ft / 3 m springboard), 2 large LED screens, trampolines, detachable rope ladders, professional lighting, underwater cameras. During the day, the area is used as a sun deck (swimming pool, sun loungers, live sports on the LED screens). In the evenings, sunloungers become the theater’s seating. There are two main shows – a daytime (“Splish Splash”, also DreamWorks-themed) and a nighttime (“OceanAria”). Each show includes 18 performers- (4 synchronized swimmers, 6 acrobats and 8 divers /incl 2 specialty). AquaTheater shows can be watched live and also on the video screens. The best seats are on the verandas of aft-location Boardwalk Balcony cabins and AquaTheater suites (aft portside/starboard) overlooking from the 6 decks above. The front 3 rows are “splash seats”. The evening show requires advance reservations and could be canceled due to inclement weather.
- Boardwalk (neighborhood / games-fast food district) features a working Carousel – 20 wooden figures of different animals – handcrafted and artistically painted. Boardwalk shops (located aft) include Star Pier (PC/console games, flip flops, teen apparel /Nintendo Wii gaming area), Candy Beach (sweets, incl retro candies/snacks), Pinwheels (kids toys and games), Pets at Sea (stuffed animals toys), Smile (costumes, wigs).
- Vitality Spa Cafe (open 7 am – 9 pm, 56 seats, complimentary) offers exclusively light-fare healthy food. The menu has fresh juices, smoothies (with protein boosters), fruits, yogurt parfaits, light sandwiches.
- Schooner Bar (capacity 107 seats) is the RCI’s signature piano bar for classy cocktails, live music and trivia games. Decor is nautically-themed, with dark wood, marble, sails, decorative rope netting. There is a grand piano for live performances and sing-alongs in the evenings. Trivia quizzes and Sudoku contests are also part of the entertainment. During the day, here are hosted scavenger hunts, music trivia, Explorer Academy classes and workshops.
- Next Cruise Desk is for Royal Caribbean cruise booking while on the ship. It serves the line’s Crown & Anchor Society (past guest loyalty program). The RCI loyalty program offers to its members exclusive (discount) cruise rates (vary by itinerary and cabin category), balcony/suite discounts, onboard booking bonus (savings transferred to future OBC /shipboard credit), early sales access (a day before the general sale).
- Focus (Photo Gallery & Shop) provides photo-video services by the ship’s professional photographers. The Gallery has displayed both guest-made and professional photos (available for purchasing) and a photo kiosk. The Shop sells duty-free photo-video equipment and accessories. Know that cruise ship photographers receive bonuses based on the number of taken (not sold) photos. So don’t be afraid to stand in front of their cameras and have a photo taken.
- Video Games Arcade (at surcharge) is for kids and adults, and offers daily gaming competitions. Among the favorites are Pacman, The Fast And The Furious, Guitar Hero, skee ball, ring toss.
- Boardwalk Donuts (open 7 am – 7 pm, 115 seats) is a complimentary bar with a self-serve glass case for fresh-made donuts.
- Boardwalk Dog House (open between 11:30 am – 6 pm /seadays, and between 2 – 6 pm /portdays) is an all-you-can-eat, complimentary fast-food bar for gourmet hot dogs and sausages. The menu has 7 types of hotdogs – The Wunderdog (all-veal, plain baguette), The Coney Island (Kosher /all-beef, classic bun), The Warsaw (2/3 pork, 1/3 beef, caraway seed baguette), The Sicilian (pork, Parmesan, cheddar baguette), The Big Apple (chicken and apple), The Smoke House (Bratwurst /pork, Parmesan, cheddar baguette), The German (Thuringia Bratwurst /pork, caraway seed baguette). Boardwalk Dog House menu also has potato salad, condiments and sides (fries, mayo, mustard, ketchup, sweet relish, sauerkraut, sauteed onions-mixed peppers). This eatery is similar to “SeaPlex Dog House” on the Royal Caribbean Quantum-class ships.
- Cups and Scoops (open 11 am – 12 pm, 60 seats) is an a la carte priced premium ice cream bar (by Ben & Jerry’s). The bar also sells frozen yogurt, shakes, sundaes, cupcakes, macarons.
- Johnny Rockets (open between 11:30 am – 7 pm, 128 seats) is a 1950s themed specialty restaurant (at extra charge /a la carte priced). This is the RCI’s signature fast-food diner for classic American fare (natural beef hamburgers/cheeseburgers). The a la carte menu includes fresh-off-the-grill, made-to-order burgers and hotdogs, fries (incl onion rings), handmade milkshakes (3 flavors- vanilla, chocolate, strawberry), a selection of toppings, also grilled chicken breast, classic sandwiches, sides, shareables, desserts (incl apple pie). Johnny Rockets is complimentary at Breakfast (between 7 – 10 am).
- Sabor Taqueria & Bar (60 seats) is a Mexican-cuisine specialty restaurant (a la carte priced). This is casual restaurant open for Lunch (11:30 am – 3:30 pm) and Dinner (6 – 10 pm). Reservations are not required. The restaurant is open to the Boardwalk. Dress code is smart casual. All the food is freshly-made (even the chips). Sabor’s menu includes both traditional and modern Mexican cuisine specialties, including guacamole (fresh-made right at the table), salsas, quesadillas, tacos, burritos, empanadas (chicken), ceviche (seafood), platos fuertes (authentic Mexican fare), calabacitas (corn), gazpacho, queso fundido (cheeses), gourmet desserts, signature drinks. Pricing starts from US$4 (tableside guacamole), US$5 (build-your-own-tacos, quesadillas, small plates), US$10 (main courses- short rib, chicken, tiger shrimp), US$19 (dinner tasting menu). Sabor Bar offers a selection of tequilas (also sample tequila flights), Mexican beers and traditional cocktails (incl margaritas).
- Cabins from 6130 to 6728, of which Inside (categories 1V, 2V, 3V and 6V), Balcony (categories 1C, 2C, 1D, 3D, 4D, 7D, 8D), and Suites (categories – GS-Grand, J3 and J4-Junior).
- deck plan 6 cabins information: forward are positioned 12 service boats (lifeboats, 6 on each side) extending out from the Promenaded deck 5 below. Aft are positioned another 6 lifeboats (3 on each side) also extending out from deck 5. These boats partially obstruct the view (only when looking straight down from the veranda). Forward staterooms are above the ship’s Theater (show lounge), so noise during rehearsals or the evening stage shows could be an issue.