Cozumel cruise port is the most popular port in the Western Caribbean. The port attracts tourist with its great tropical weather, snorkeling, diving and fishing opportunities, and its sightseeing. Cozumel cruise port is located in the Mexican State of Quintana Roo. The island has a populations of 75,000 people and its main town is San Miguel. The economy of Cozumel depends on tourism. The tropical climate of the region determines rainy season from June through November and dry season from December through May. The wet season is also characterized by hurricanes.
Cozumel cruise port is in the itineraries of major cruise lines including Disney Cruise Lines, NCL, Carnival, Celebrity, MSC, Princess, HAL, Royal Caribbean and Oceania.
Highlights: San Miguel, San Gervasio Mayan ruins, Coral reefs
Cozumel cruise terminal
Cozumel cruise port has three piers. They all are located on the west side of the island.
The first Cozumel cruise port pier is located right downtown San Miguel. You can walk on your own or join guided walking tour in the city.
There is also a taxi rank in front Cozumel cruise port Punta Langosta pier. The service is relatively inexpensive. If you want to rent a car, the closest offices are 5 blocks from the pier.
The International Pier
The oldest Cozumel cruise port pier serves mainly NCL. The pier is about mile and a half from downtown San Miguel. If you prefer walking, you will find the journey amazing because it is along waterfront promenade. There is also a taxi rank in front Cozumel cruise port International Pier.
The third Cozumel cruise port pier has been created by Carnival Cruise Lines. It is located half a mile south of the International Pier. The terminal is modern and attractive and it is also known as the “Little Cozumel.”
If in the Cozumel cruise port itinerary is written “Fundeo”, means that the cruise ship will anchor in the harbor and all the passengers will be tendered ashore.
Cozumel tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Beaches: Cozumel offers amazing beaches. Among the most popular are Playa San Francisco and Playa Corona.
- Castillo Real: this a Mayan site located near the northern tip of the island. You can see a temple, lookout tower and a pyramid base. There are also possibilities for snorkeling.
- Cozumel Park: Discover Mexico with interactive exhibits. Interesting place for lunch is Mercadito Corona. You will taste authentic cuisine surrounded by local music.
- El Cedral: the village is located near the center of the island. It was the first discovered Mayan site in 1518 by the Spanish explorers.
- Chankanaab Lagoon: amazing place for swimming and snorkeling among rainbow colored fishes.
- Museo de Cozumel: discover the history of the island. The museum also houses library, gift shop, book store and a restaurant.
- Plaza Del Sol: the main square of San Miguel.
- Punta Celarin: the lighthouse is located at the island’s southern end and has breathtaking views.
- San Gervasio Ruins: the most visited ruins.
Hotels near Cozumel cruise port terminal
- Villas El Encanto Cozumel
- Hotel B Cozumel
- Hotel Boutique Vista del Mar
- Flamingo Hotel
- Hotel Barracuda
- Coral Princess Hotel & Resort Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel-All Inclusive
- Cozumel Palace-All Inclusive
- Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa
- Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf & Beach Resort
- Secrets Aura Cozumel – Adults Only
- Hotel Mary Carmen
- Casa Mexicana Cozumel
- Hacienda San Miguel Hotel & Suites
- Furnished Affordable Apartment in Dodo Residential
- Amaranto Bed and Breakfast
- Hotel Cozumel Costa Brava
- Hotel La Casona Real
- Hotel Cozumel & Resort
The Cozumel cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Cozumel, Mexico.
If you lose the Cozumel location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Cozumel cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Cozumel, Mexico. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 October, 2016
2 October, 2016
3 October, 2016
4 October, 2016
5 October, 2016
6 October, 2016
7 October, 2016
8 October, 2016
10 October, 2016
11 October, 2016
12 October, 2016
13 October, 2016
14 October, 2016
15 October, 2016
17 October, 2016
18 October, 2016
19 October, 2016
20 October, 2016
21 October, 2016
22 October, 2016
24 October, 2016
25 October, 2016
26 October, 2016
27 October, 2016
28 October, 2016
29 October, 2016
31 October, 2016