The first New York Cruise port is the Manhattan Cruise Port, located on the western Manhattan Island, beside Hudson River. The second New York Cruise port is 6 miles away, direction south – Brooklyn Cruise Port. It is located on the eastern Upper Bay on Brooklyn’s Red Hook waterline. The cruise ship schedule includes voyages all year-round. During the winter popular are the south destinations – the Caribbean and the Bahamas. The summer is time for Bermuda cruises or the classic Transatlantic.
Cape Liberty Cruise Port, sometimes called Cruise Port Bayonne (Port Liberty), in Bayonne, New Jersey is among the 3 trans-Atlantic cruise terminals in Port of New York and New Jersey. Cape Liberty is situated at the north side of the 3-kilometer (1.9-mile) long pier of Military Ocean Terminal at Bayonne (MOTBY, which has been renamed the Peninsula at Bayonne Harbor, former military ocean terminal), and started operations in 2004.
Royal Caribbean is among the primary tenants of Cape Liberty Cruise Port. In May 2006 Freedom of the Seas, then the largest cruise ship in the world, was named in a broadcast carried live on NBC's Today Show. Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas has been using Cape Liberty as her main home port since November 2015, replacing Liberty of the Seas. In 2016 Anthem sails year-round cruises out of Cape Liberty, with itineraries ranging from 5 to 12 night Caribbean/Bahamas and Canada/New England cruises.
Highlights: Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Empire State Bldg, Broadway
New York cruise terminal
Manhattan Cruise Terminal
It is located on the Hudson River, Manhattan Island shoreline. It is between between West 44 and West 52 streets. Newark International Airport is 15 miles away, LaGuardia Airport – 15 miles away and JFK International Airport is 20 miles away.
This New York Cruise Port Terminal has tree wharves – Pier 88, Pier 90 and Pier 92. they can accommodate 5 cruise vessels simultaneously.
At the top of all the piers there is a building. On the roof of each, there is a parking lot. There is snackbars, restrooms, check-in, VIP areas, customs, newsstands and seats at the terminals.
Manhattan New York cruise port terminal serves NCL, Carnival and Holland America.
Parking for Manhattan Cruise Terminal
- daily parking rate: $18, for 10 hours
- overnight rate: $23, for 24 hours
- parking rate for multiple days: $20 daily
Address for Manhattan Cruise Terminal
Brooklyn Cruise Terminal
Brooklyn, NY 11231
Brooklyn Cruise Terminal
Located across Governors Island, Brooklyn New York cruise port terminal is in Red Hook. LaGuardia Airport is 12 miles away, Newark International Airport – 16 miles away and JFK International Airport is 20 miles away.
Brooklyn New York cruise port terminal used to be a cargo port. You will get very ”industrial feel”. The terminal building on Pier 12 is a new one. The facilities are vending machines, check-in, restrooms and customs. There is a parking area with 500 spots. Brooklyn New York cruise port terminal can accommodate only one ship.
It serves Princess Cruises and Cunard.
Parking for Brooklyn Cruise Terminal
Parking rates (subject to change): $35.00 daily.
Address for Brooklyn Cruise Terminal
Manhattan Cruise Terminal
711 12th Avenue
New York, NY 10019
New York tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Empire State Building: don’t miss that famed building. It is 1050 ft tall. You can take a look from the airy promenade after a great lift to the Observatory.
- Central Park: the iconic park dates from 1857. It is a large landscaped area where you can enjoy the Zoo, the Botanical Gardens, the Bethesda fountain, the Great Lawn and Belvedere Castle.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: located between East 81 and East 82, dates from 1870. Discover artworks of famous artists – Aristotle with a Bust of Homer by Rembrandt, Wheat Field with Cypresses by Van Gogh, Young Woman with a Water Pitcher by Vermeer and The Unicorn in Captivity, medieval tapestry.
- Brooklyn Bridge: the bridge dates from the late 19th century. It spans across the East River. The Brooklyn Bridge and the views across Brooklyn, Upper Bay and Manhattan are breathtaking.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden: 39 acres with beautiful gardens. Walk through the Bonsai Museum, the Tropical Pavilion, the Aquatic House and the Desert Pavilion. You can also have a coffee, buy a gift or something from the garden store.
The New York cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near New York, Cape Liberty NYC.
If you lose the New York location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port New York cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from New York, Cape Liberty NYC. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 October, 2016
2 October, 2016
3 October, 2016
6 October, 2016
7 October, 2016
8 October, 2016
9 October, 2016
10 October, 2016
11 October, 2016
12 October, 2016
13 October, 2016
14 October, 2016
15 October, 2016
16 October, 2016
17 October, 2016
18 October, 2016
20 October, 2016
22 October, 2016
23 October, 2016
24 October, 2016
25 October, 2016
27 October, 2016
28 October, 2016
29 October, 2016
30 October, 2016
31 October, 2016
26 October, 2016