St John’s cruise port is located in the West Indies. It is the capital of Antigua and Barbuda on the main Leeward Island. Antigua attracts tourists with its natural beauty and finest resorts. Celebrities including Oprah Winfrey, Eric Clapton and Giorgio Armani own private residends on the island.
St John’s cruise port has a deep water harbor and welcomes some of the largest ships tn the world. Major cruise lines including Royal Caribbean, Carnival Cruises, Disney, Celebrity, Princess and Norwegian cruise lines use St John’s cruise port as a port of call in their itineraries.
Highlights: St John's, Nelson's Dockyard, beaches
St Johns cruise terminal
It is the newest, modern and largest of the two St John’s cruise port quays. The terminal building is two-floor. It is the paradise for any shopper. The shops are duty free and there can be found electronics, jewelery, liquors, cigars, designer clothing, local music, fine china and crystal, cosmetics, perfumes, sport equipment, swimwear, watches and much more. The shopping is easy, there is no restrictions if you proof your traveler status.
There are special restaurants and bars.
The last renovation of the Heritage Quay was in December 2006.
The second St John’s cruise port terminal is located at one of the oldest parts of the town. The area dates from the 17th century. The docking area used to be among the busiest Caribbean trading centers in the 18th century. Now it is a great for cruise ships.
The area includes boutiques, bars, cafes and restaurants.
St Johns tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Beaches: Antigua is famous with the fact that there are 365 beaches – a different one for each day of the year.
- St John’ Cathedral: major landmark. It dates from 1683 when it was just a wooden structure. It was rebuilt several times since than. Now it is stunning building with impressive Baroque towers.
- Museum of Antigua and Barbuda: explore the islands’ history. Located at Long Street.
- Nelson’s Dockyard National Park: tour the area. You can also visit the Dockyard Museum and the Admiral’s House Museum. Another landmark of the park is the Clarence House.
- Fig Tree Drive: if you have more time, you should definitely try it. The drive follows the southern coast of Antigua and you can enjoy the amazing local live going through fishing villages, farmlands or beautiful rainforest. ”Fig” is the local name for banana tree.
The St Johns cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near St Johns, Antigua.
If you lose the St Johns location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port St Johns cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from St Johns, Antigua. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
25 January, 2017
2 January, 2017
3 January, 2017
4 January, 2017
5 January, 2017
6 January, 2017
7 January, 2017
8 January, 2017
9 January, 2017
10 January, 2017
11 January, 2017
12 January, 2017
13 January, 2017
17 January, 2017
18 January, 2017
19 January, 2017
20 January, 2017
22 January, 2017
24 January, 2017
26 January, 2017
28 January, 2017
29 January, 2017
31 January, 2017
Antigua made a leap forward to becoming a homeport for cruise lines, as St Johns will be one of 4 homes for the Spanish line, Pullmantur...August 26, 2016
Royal Caribbean will debut a robust array of new thrills and enhancements on Adventure of the Seas this November, such as new dual racer waterslides...June 11, 2016
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines offers its guests two new Caribbean fly-cruises for 2016 winter aboard 929-passenger ship ms Braemar. Guests can choose...December 12, 2015