MS Heinrich Heine Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Heinrich Heine
|Year built||1990 / Age : 28|
|Owner||Union Group (Dunav Tours, Bulgaria)|
|Operator||Nicko Cruises, Phoenix Reisen|
|Speed||8 kn / 15 kph / 9 mph|
|Length (LOA)||107 m / 351 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Passengers||55 - 110|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of MS Heinrich Heine
MS Heinrich Heine cruise ship is owned by Union Group (Bulgaria) and operated by its subsidiary company Dunav Tours. The boat cruises on Rhine and Moselle rivers, targeting predominately German travelers. The riverboat is often chartered by Nicko Cruises (Germany) and Phoenix Reisen.
Heinrich Heine ship's facilities include a restaurant serving buffet breakfast, 4-course lunch and 5-course dinner. Drinks (draft beer, house wine, soft drinks / lemonade, soda, juices, mineral water, tea, coffee) are included in ticket prices. The ship has a comfortable main lounge and bar, small library, sauna, solarium (sundeck area) and indoor pool. Sun Deck features pool deck (swimming pool, sunbathing area, with fitness area with outdoor gym equipment), shaded seating area (deckchairs, loungers), Giant Chess Board and quoits-playn area (on the partially covered sundeck). Cabin decks are connected via stairs and 1 lift (passenger elevator), also giving access to the restaurant. Boat's staff is well-trained and friendly. The main onboard language is German.
The ship has 55 cabins on 2 decks. All staterooms are outside and equally-sized (12 m2 / 130 ft2). Standard cabin amenites include flat TV, radio, phone, individual air-conditioning, wardrobe, electronic safe (in the closet), mini-bar, en-suite bathroom (WC, shower, wash basin, hairdryer).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
MS Heinrich Heine wiki
The Bulgarian cruise ship Heinrich Heine is owned by Union Group (Dunav Tours, Bulgaria).
DUNAV TOURS company history
The shipowner DUNAV TOURS is a Bulgarian cruise company, successor of Balkantourist - founded in 1948 to manage premium hotels in Bulgaria.
- In October 1983, Balkantourist purchased 2 luxury riverboats (MS ROUSSE and MS SOFIA) built by Shipyard Kooiman Hoebee BV (Dordrecht, Holland). Bulgarian river cruise operations officially started on April 26, 1984.
- In 1991, Balkantourist was renamed to DUNAV TOURS, and in August 1999 was privatized, with sole proprietor “Union Group” (96% shareholder since 2012).
- In February 2003 was launched the newbuild ROUSSE PRESTIGE (built by Merwede Shipyard BV in Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland. Its inaugural cruise season from Rotterdam started on March 18, 2003.
- In 2006 was acquired MS Heinrich Heine (extensively renovated in 2005) with a sundeck swimming pool.
- In December 2006, to the fleet was added MS Elegant Lady.