RV Cruiseco Adventurer Review and Specifications
Specifications of RV Cruiseco Adventurer
|Year built||2012 / Age : 7|
|Class||Mekong river cruiser|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||68 m / 223 ft|
|Beam (width)||13 m / 43 ft|
|Passengers||30 - 60|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of RV Cruiseco Adventurer
RV Cruiseco Adventurer cruise ship was launched in 2012. The riverboat cruises on Mekong River in Vietnam and Cambodia. The ship was hand-finished by traditional craftsmen and provides a highest level of luxury amenities. The ship has one fleetmate - RV Cruiseco Explorer (operating on Irrawaddy River cruises in Myanmar / Burma).
Cruise itineraries are on Mekong River (in Cambodia and Vietnam), with departures from Siem Reap Cambodia. Itinerary lengths are 11-, 14-, 16-, and 18-nights. The list of visited destinations features Halong Bay, Saigon, Hanoi. The route showcases a fascinating array of temples, ruins, culture and rituals. The unique Mekong River cruise travel takes passengers into the very heart of Indochina (Southeast Asia).
The vessel carries no more than 60 passengers amid premium accommodation, relaxed ambience, local entertainment and enticing cuisine featuring tasty local produce, attentively served by a local crew dedicated to providing five-star service.
With millions of Cambodians and Vietnamese relying on its waters for survival, the Mekong is a limitless source of plots as it takes passengers through a spell-binding mix of tiny villages and world renowned cities.
A voyage on Cruiseco Adventurer includes 7-night luxury river sailing, all meals and drinks onboard (local beers, spirits and soft drinks all day, wine with lunch and dinner), gratuities, all shore excursions with English speaking guides, transfers to Cruiseco Adventurer at the beginning and end of cruise.
Cruiseco Mekong River cruise itinerary (Vietnam and Cambodia)
- Day 1 ("Saigon – My Tho – Cai Be") starts with bus transfer from Caravelle Hotel (Saigon) to My Tho for embarkation on RV Cruiseco Adventurer ship . There is a welcome event (drinks and lunch) served in the Saigon Lounge. Follow cruising (towards Cai Be), gourmet dinner (served in the Mekong Restaurant) and evening show (folk performances).
- Day 2 ("Cai Be – Sa Dec") - after breakfast follows a local boat trip to Cai Be (floating markets, French Gothic Cathedral, factories visits - coconut candy, rice paper, pop rice). Follows return to the cruise ship for lunch and cruising towards Sa Dec (afternoon arrival). In Sa Deck are offered guided tours to Huynh Thy Le house and Fujian Temple. In the mid-afternoon the ship cruises towards Tan Chau.
- Day 3 ("Tan Chau - Border Crossing) in Tan Chau are offered complimentary sightseeing local boat tours along the narrow channels to the island. Follow a town tour (by rickshaw) and visiting factories (for rattan mats and slippers). Next is the return to the cruise ship for lunch and cruising towards the border. In the afternoon, there is a fruit carving demonstration onboard performed by the ship's chef.
- Day 4 "Phnom Penh Overnight") a bus tour in Phnom Penh visits Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, National Museum (Khmer crafts). In the afternoon there is an optional tour to Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and Killing Fields. In the evening, there is an onboard folk show (dancing and songs) by local performers.
- Day 5 (Phnom Penh - Chong Koh Village) at midday, the ship cruises towards Chong Koh. In the silk-weaving village are visited workshops for silk and cotton handicrafts. Follows the return to the ship and cruising to Prek K’Dam. In the evening there is a piano show at the Saigon Lounge.
- Day 6 ("Oudong – Kampong Tralach") after breakfast follows bus travel to Oudong. The tour visits a Buddhist monastery. Follow a 45-min bus travel to Kampong Tralach (Wat Kapong Tralach Pleu pagoda), then an ox-cart ride tour (to Tonle River), then return to the cruise ship for dinner and cruising to Kampong Chhnang. In the evening there is an onboard Cambodia-themed lecture.
- Day 7 ("Kampong Chhnang, Tonle Lake") in Kampong Chhnang town the cruise ship is moored mid-stream. Follows a small boat tour into the wetlands and to a floating village. Follows return to the cruise ship, cruising towards Tonle Lake, onboard farewell party in the evening.
- Day 8 (Siem Reap) after the onboard breakfast follows disembarkation in Siem Reap and bus transfer to Raffles Grand Hotel.
Cruiseco Line's Burma river cruise deals are inclusive of:
- 7 night cruising on Cruiseco Adventurer
- all onboard meals
- all onboard drinks (local tap beers, local spirits and soft drinks throughout the day, wine by the glass with lunch and dinner)
- all shore excursions / tours with English speaking local guides
- Shipboard gratuities
- Bus transfers to and from the Cruiseco Adventurer ship.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.