Tirrenia Vincenzo Florio ferry current position
Tirrenia Vincenzo Florio ferry current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 38.12559 N / 13.36685 E) cruising en route to ITPMO. The AIS position was reported 1 minute ago.Current Position
Specifications of Tirrenia Vincenzo Florio ferry
|Year built||1999 / Age: 21|
|Builder||Cantiere Navale Ferrari (La Spezia, Italy)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Palermo-Napoli|
|Owner||Tirrenia-CIN (Compagnia Italiana di Navigazione)|
|Operator||Tirrenia di Navigazione|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||180 m / 591 ft|
|Beam (width)||26 m / 85 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||31041 gt|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Tirrenia Vincenzo Florio ferry Review
Review of Tirrenia Vincenzo Florio ferry
MS Vincenzo Florio ferry is a Ro-Pax passenger vessel owned and operated by the Italian company TIRRENIA Navigazione. The ship has a max capacity of 1471 passengers and 630 cars (or 140 trucks). The vessel was launched in 1999 and currently operates on the Sicily-Italy ferry route Palermo-Naples (crossing time 10,5 hours).
As cruiseferry, Tirrenia Vincenzo Florio has 293 cabins with a total of 998 berths (beds). All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (toilet/shower/wash basin).
Staterooms are Inside and Outside (Porthole Window / non-opening) with capacity 2 or 4 passengers. All cabins are fitted with single beds, bedside tables with lamps (or light points), power plugs (international standard outlets), bathroom supplies. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Double cabins are with 2 twin beds (non-convertible to 1 double). Quad cabins are with 4 bunk beds.
All passenger cabins are located on decks 7 (185 rooms) and 9 (108 rooms). Staterooms access is via smart cards and readers (instead of standard locks) to guarantee passenger safety. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (cabins adapted for disabled passengers). There are also "pet-friendly cabins".
The ship's Reserved Seating Lounges are equipped with large TVs and a total of 195 fully-reclining armchairs (aircraft-type seats). For passengers without booked cabin (or reserved seating) are available a total of 278 bridge seats.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, MS Vincenzo Florio ship offers:
- (Lobby Deck 7) First-class Seating Lounge (capacity 194 seats), 185 staterooms, Reception Desk
- (Entertainment Deck 8) Restaurants, Bars, Cinema, shops, reading area, Arcobaleno (kids club / large-sized indoor playground area for children)
- (Bridge Deck 9) Navigation Bridge, Infirmary, dog kennels
- (Sun Deck 10) Sundeck area (solarium), technical rooms
- RISTORANTE A' LA CARTE is the ship's formal dining venue serving gourmet food (mainly Mediterranean cuisine specialties and traditional Sardinian and Sicilian dishes), fine wines, drinks. The menu includes Appetizers, Starters, First and Main Courses, Sides, Fruits, Desserts.
- RISTORANTE E SELF SERVICE (self-service restaurant) offers hot and cold meals.
- Most food is prepared on the ship, with top-quality ingredients freshly supplied from local producers.
- At both restaurants are available kids menus for both lunch or dinner. At the A La Carte Restaurant, it is priced EUR 16 (inclusive of pencil case and coloring booklet). At the Buffet Restaurant, it is priced EUR 10 (pasta menu) or EUR 11 (chicken menu), both inclusive of a gift set (colored pencils and placemat).
- CROISSANTERIA (Bar / Cafeteria / Patisserie) offers a wide range of fast-food products for breakfast, also sandwiches, brioches, croissants, sweets, aperitifs, coffee, desserts.
- Kids Section (playground with games, painting tables, TV for cartoons)
- BOUTIQUES is the ship's shopping area (general store and retail shops) selling at discounted pricing gifts and souvenirs (including local crafts), spirits, wines, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, leather goods, toys, confectionery, clothing, cameras, sunglasses, jewelry), electronics, gadgets, basic necessities, travel essentials, toiletries, games and toys, magazines, books, locally-sourced gourmet produce, beverages, snacks, sweets.
- Cinema - due to the company's agreement with Warner Bros, there are shown the newest movies (just 90 days after their premieres).
- All lounges and cabins are fitted with flat TVs (satellite reception).
- Wi-Fi service, ATM/cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception), food and beverage dispensers
- Ship's Reception Desk provides 24-hour service (assistance, cabin keys, information, requests).
- Ship's top-deck is Heli Deck with a helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
- Foot passengers embarkation/disembarkation is through two stern hatches (aft on Deck 6).
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
All Tirrenia ships are equipped with CCTV cameras for image recording. Smoking is allowed only on designated outdoor areas (Sun Deck) and forbidden anywhere inside the ship (including car decks).
TIRRENIA ferry cruise deals
TIRRENIA ferries serve almost exclusively Italian (domestic) routes.
- Paper and digital tickets have the same values. On Italy to Sardinia or Sicily routes, tickets can be purchased online, receiving digital version on email entered upon booking. Upon boarding, passengers can show the booking's identification code directly on their tablets or smartphones.
- Penalties for changes made UP TO DAY PRIOR DEPARTURE (change of date, line or departure time) - no penalty is applied, if the new ticket's price is equal to or higher than the booked one. If the new ticket price is lower, a 10% penalty is applied to the old ticket's price.
- Penalties for changes made UP TO DAY PRIOR DEPARTURE (change of cabin type, number of passengers and/or vehicles), no penalty is applied if the new ticket's price is equal to or higher than the modified one. For a partial change (number of passengers and/or vehicles) penalty of 10% is applied to the canceled stateroom (passenger and/or vehicle).
- Penalties for changes made ON DEPARTURE DAY - all changes requested on the ship's departure day are subject to 25% penalty.
- Any change for tickets issued with special or promo rates involves a penalty of EUR 25 plus the difference between booked special rate and the new ticket price (requested on departure date, with 25% penalty). Any change in special rate tickets that changes the passengers' number (and/or vehicles) doesn't generate reimbursement. The original ticket (booked prior modification) must be delivered to the travel agency that has modified it.
- Reservation Cancellations must be made via email request (email@example.com), in which you must indicate if you paid by - bank card (last 4 digits and card's expiry date), Paypal (email associated with the Paypal account), PagOnline Unicredit or MyBank (Iban and holder for the bank account).
- Passenger waiving the travel are entitled to reimbursement of the ticket (excluding special offers), with the following penalties - 10% (refunds requested up to 1 day prior departure) and 25% (refunds requested on departure day. Web rights and tickets issued with special / promo rates are not refundable.
- Special ferry rates are applied automatically with online booking. Company's system calculates the route's best available price based on the entered data.
- Group rates are discounted offers for a reservation made for a minimum of 20 adults (paying passengers). For group booking discounts send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the company's reservation center (184.108.40.206) or contact a travel agency.
- If available, staterooms can be also booked on the ship (during the crossing).
- On domestic departures, passengers without vehicles in tow must board the ship at least 30 min prior departure. Passengers with vehicles in tow must board the ship at least 1,5 hours prior departure (in Port Genoa is 2 hours). Passengers traveling from foreign to national airports must board the ship at least 1 hour prior to departure.
- Carry-on baggage is limited to an adult passenger (max 20 kg) and child (max 10 kg). All ships provide free of charge safety deposit boxes.
- Each ship has a doctor is available for the whole crossing.
- Medical certificates are mandatory for - women in the last month of pregnancy, women with birth expected in the following 4 weeks, pregnancies with attested medical complications, twin pregnancies.
- Kids up to 4 years old travel free. Children aged 4 to 12 receive a 50% discount.
- All Tirrenia ships are equipped according to the latest standards to serve disabled passengers. Onboard staff is competent and trained to assist passengers with disabilities for the crossing's duration. Such passengers are also entitled to priority boarding (privileged line), but they must check-in at least 2 hours prior to departure (3 hours for international routes). The companion of a visually impaired passenger travels for free. Available amenities for disabled passengers are - parking for wheelchair users, dedicated lifts, disabled cabins (raised toilet seats), reserved lounge room seating, accessible public toilets.
- Sardinia Island tours and excursions can be booked online (at escursi.com) with about 300 available outdoor experiences. Upon booking excursions, be sure to enter discount code TIR10 for 10% discount.
All TIRRENIA ferry tickets are automatically insured with Filo Diretto Travel policy (Travel Cancellation Policy) that allows a refund of ticket cancellation penalties and also guarantees:
- reimbursement of Medical Expenses - up to EUR 1000 (Italy) and EUR 5000 (abroad)
- assistance - phone medical advice, sending a doctor to Italy, reporting a doctor abroad, monitoring of hospitalization, medical transport, return of family members / travel companions, transport of the body, family member trip in case of hospitalization, urgent sending of medicines abroad, interpreter, advance expenses of first necessity, phone expenses, medevac (rescue costs, research, recovery), penalty advance payment abroad
- secured theft and baggage loss - up to EUR 500
- vehicle assistance - roadside and towing, sending spare parts, return to the residence and/or abandonment of the vehicle, replacement car, return of the passengers, all costs of recovery of the vehicle, hotel expenses, advance expenses of first necessity, advance bail.
Pets on the ship
Pets (birds, cats, dogs, inoffensive animals) are allowed to board all Tirrenia ships with car and foot passengers. Pets are not permitted in common areas, lounge armchairs and halls. Car passengers can leave their pets in their vehicle or in the ship's kennels. Foot passengers must transport their pets to and from the ship in pet cage (or another carrier/not exceeding 50x40x25 cm). Large dogs (too big to get in that cage) must be leashed and muzzled.
The animals must remain in the carrier for the duration of the trip unless a pet cabin is booked. Pet-friendly cabins are with linoleum floors to facilitate cleaning. Each room is equipped with anti-odor mat and bowl (for food and water). Pet cabins accommodate up to 3 animals. Upon booking a pet cabin, you must indicate "Cabina con accesso per animali" ("Cabin with access for animals").
Travel packing for pets includes health card, food, and water, muzzle, leash, dustpan, hygiene bags.
Tirrenia Florio ship has 6 vehicle decks (cargo decks 1-6). All garage decks are constantly monitored by CCTV cameras. Decks 1-2 are Lower Garage decks, also having ship's machinery (engines, propulsion, generators, water, and fuel tanks, etc). Decks 3-4 are Main Garages. Decks 5-6 are Upper Garages, also having ship's maneuvering stations.
Access to ferry's vehicle garage is allowed only to drivers. Other passengers must leave the cars and get on board through the ship's pedestrian accesses. gas-powered vehicles (LPG or natural gas) must be declared upon booking. On departure day, cars must be with semi-empty tanks.
Campers, caravans, off-road vehicles or any other vehicles with height over 220 cm / 7 ft (measured from the ground) must be declared upon booking as they are subject to a surcharge. The types of allowed to be ferried vehicles include campers, caravans, vans, minibusses, carts. They all are also entitled to promo rates.
All ferried vehicles must have documentation and valid insurance. Having the car's technical data sheet makes boarding checks easier. Upon booking, the vehicle's model, length and height must be specified. Car ferry passengers must arrive at the departure port 90 min prior departure.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner TIRRENIA di Navigazione (founded in 1936, headquartered in Naples, Italy) is an Italian (privately-owned) company contracted by Italy's Ministry of Transportation to provide regularly scheduled shipping services between mainland Italy and the country's main islands (exclusively domestic routes). Tirrenia's current fleet includes the ships Athara, Barbara Krahulik, Beniamino Carnevale, Bithia, Hartmut Puschmann, Janas, Nuraghes, Raffaele Rubattino, Sharden, Vincenzo Florio.
Tirrenia Vincenzo Florio ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Tirrenia Vincenzo Florio ferryAdd Photo
Other TIRRENIA cruise ships
Tirrenia Vincenzo Florio ferry Wiki
The vessel entered service on October 4, 1999. MS Vincenzo Florio's sistership is Raffaele Rubattino (built 2000) - both representing the so-called "Vincenzo Florio-class". These TIRRENIA ferries were specifically designed to serve the company's Sicily-Italy routes. Each of them is similar to interior design, furniture, amenities, services and technical specifications (details).
The ship is powered by two Wartsila diesel engines (model 12V46C) with total output 25,2 MW. Due to the increased shipping traffic, top speed of 23 kN (26 mph / 43 kph) is reached only on daytime crossings and during summer (high season). Otherwise, the ship cruises at speeds 19-20 Kn (35-37 kph / 22-23 mph), generating fuel-efficiency.
Tirrenia Vincenzo Florio ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review