Carnival Legend deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Carnival Legend deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Carnival Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Carnival Legend cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Carnival Legend staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Carnival Legend (built 2002, last refurbished in 2014, scheduled refurbishment in 2018 May) is the third of the four Spirit-class Carnival cruise ships – together with Miracle, Pride and Spirit, and the Costa ships Atlantica and Mediterranea.
Carnival Legend cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1062 staterooms for 2124 passengers (max capacity is 2680 guests), served by 930 crew/staff. The ship has 12 passenger decks, 16 lounges and bars, 4 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 4 jacuzzies, 15 elevators.
Carnival Legend decks with passenger cabins have a total of 50 Suites, 632 Balconies, 167 Oceanviews, 213 Inside cabins, Self Service Laundromats (passenger use launderettes). Laundry facilities are at extra-charge – $3,25 (per washer or dryer load) and $1,5 per box (detergent/water softener, dispensed from the vending machine in the room). Launderettes (open between 6:30 am – 12 midnight) are located on all cabin decks. Each laundry room is equipped with 2-3 washers, 2-3 dryers, 1 ironing board/iron. All laundry machines are coinless (can be operated using S&S cards only). While the ship is in port, washing machines are closed (only dryers and irons can be used). Valet laundry service is handled through the cabin steward. Prices are per item – wash-and-press ($2 – $7,50), no dry-cleaning.
In 2017, on the Australia-based Carnival Legend was introduced new kids programming, that includes new onboard activities, games, themed parties.
- On the ship were introduced an inflatable bocce court and giant-sized board games (Cranium, Trivial Pursuit, Guess Who).
- Another 2017 addition is the Cluedo (aka Clue) murder mystery game that is a group activity involving 2-6 players. At the beginning of each cruise, costumed characters present their alibis, and the players attempt to solve the crime mystery through clues given to them throughout the cruise.
- New themed entertainment events are the shows "80s Rock" (music-themed), "Glow Night" (fashion-themed) and "Lip Sync Battle" (musical competition involving choreography, costumes and stage sets).
Carnival Legend deck plan changes 2014 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the 2014's 2-weeks long drydock refurbishment (done in Freeport, Bahamasstay) includes:
- New Aqua Park “WaterWorks” with the “Green Thunder” waterslide (187 ft/57 m long, speed 25 mph / 40 kph), and the “Twister” waterslide (214 ft / 65 m long), plus kids splash zone with sprays, mini-racing waterslides, and the “PowerDrencher” bucket (water capacity 150 gallons / 568 litres).
- RedFrog Pub with the ThirstyFrog Red beer (draft brew, Carnival’s private label)
- Bonsai Sushi (sushi, sashimi, Japanese beers)
- Cherry On Top (candy store)
- (new entertainment options) “Hasbro, The Game Show” and “Playlist Productions”
- upgraded pools, upgraded fitness equipment
- new carpeting, tiling, wall coverings.
"Carnival Hub" app
In February 2017, Carnival Australia introduced on Carnival Legend the "Carnival Hub" app. It provides information on the ship's daily scheduled activities onboard ("Fun Times" newsletter). Among the app's functions are:
- "favourites" - passengers can bookmark the events they like (shows, promotions, etc)
- real-time onboard account balance checking
- reminder for attending chosen events
- making onboard reservations and bookings (spa, dining / specialty restaurants, lounges, etc)
- cruise itinerary information (ports of call, searchable deck plans / with highlighted attractions)
- The Carnival Hub app (costs AUD 9) also has a "chat" function for connecting with your family and friends on the ship. The function automatically adds to a contact list all passengers travelling together. The unique ID number allows adding new friends to the chat contacts.
- Booked passengers can download "Carnival Hub" online (for free), set up a profile, enter the next cruise date of departure, and the app starts to countdown. The app can also be downloaded while on the ship (for free).
- The ship's "Fun Times" newsletter on paper is also available, but in a reduced-size format. This, along with the Carnival Hub's introduction results in around 50% reduction in paper usage.
Cruise ship Internet
In May 2016, Carnival Australia introduced faster and cheaper internet and social media Internet packages on the Australia-based ships Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend. The improved internet access offers increased bandwidth and speed.
- The “value package” (cost AUD 30 per day) offers unlimited Internet.
- The faster “premium package” (cost AUD 50 per day) allows passengers to make Skype video calls.
- The new "social media package" (c0st AUD 15 per day) offers unlimited access to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter.
Carnival Corporation's "Ocean Medallions"
Carnival Cruise Line's "Ocean Medallion" is a new generation wearable technology allowing passengers access to "virtual concierge" services and amenities. The new technology will be implemented on all Carnival Corporation ships in the period 2017-2018.
The medallion is a small disk-shaped device (weight 51 grams, size of an US quarter dollar) that can be sent (for free) to every customer of the company. The medallion stores all the information provided by its owner - online uploaded, as well as real-time uploaded (during the cruise or whenever). It can be weared around the wrist, around the neck or loosely. No matter where it is, the medallion is always on and working.
- When you do cruise booking, you establish online your basic vacation profile (likes, dislikes, onboard and ashore preferences - such as interactive gaming, gambling, culinary, recreational, entertainment, etc). Then Carnival Cruise Line mails you the medallion engraved with your name on it. The device is equipped with Bluetooth and NFC (near-field communication) technology.
- One of the medallions' best features is that they allow streamline embarkation/debarkation in each of the ports along the cruise itinerary, also cruise ship and airport transfers (meet & greet), quick luggage identification and delivery straight to the stateroom. This avoids all the hassles usually encountered at cruise terminals. You simply board the ship, with the Ocean Medallion having all the needed information about you and your booking.
- Other services provided via the Ocean Medallion are all kinds of onboard purchases (shops, bars and specialty restaurants, Wi-Fi Internet and beverage packages, photos, beauty salon and spa treatments), making reservations (dining, spa, etc), also booking shore excursions and tours.
- The Ocean Medallion also allows checking out onboard restaurant and bar menus, but additionally allows placing orders for delivery to any place on the ship (stateroom, open decks, casino, theater, lounges, etc).
- Beside serving as a "cruise ticket", the medallion also doubles as cabin key (keycard) as it opens cabin doors.
- Ocean Medallions have no on/off buttons or navigation menus, and don't require charging. The medallion additionally gives access to the Ocean Compass ("virtual concierge") via mobile electronic devices (phone, tablet, laptop). Ocean Compass is also accessible through the in-cabin infotainment system (interactive TV), via onboard and cruise terminal located digital kiosks, and via the interactive LED screens throughout the ship.
- Ocean Medallions are part of a local (shipboard) system, thus no extra fees are charged for using these devices.
- For implementing this wireless technology, all Carnival Corporation ships are scheduled to undergo revamping for installing the required network of sensors and computing devices. The company's Bahamian private island cruise ports (Princess Cays, and Half Moon Cay) are also wired to serve the medallions, plus some of the largest US cruise port terminals and airports.
- The first cruise ship serving the Ocean Medallions will be Regal Princess (November 2017). Beside Carnival ships, the new technology also serves customers on vessels of Costa, Cunard, Holland America, P&O (UK and Australia fleets), and Seabourn.
Carnival Legend deck plans are property of Carnival Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.