Oslo cruise port is located at the Oslo Fjord’s head, on the Aker River. The capital of Norway is a modern city with lots of parks, lakes and museums of world class. The city has a population of 600,000 citizens and spreads over 175 square miles. The Port of Oslo is the busiest and biggest port in Norway.
Oslo cruise port welcomed over 300,000 passengers from 146 different nations in 2013. Popular call is in the night time. It is a great “white night” experience.
The cruises to Oslo cruise port are divided in two segments: Baltic cruises and Norwegian cruises.
Highlights: City shops, Viking Ship Museum, Akershus Castle, Munch Museum
Oslo cruise terminal
Oslo cruise port is centrally located. The cruise vessels dock on Akershus Fortress sides. The downtown is within walking distance. The airport is 50 km from Oslo cruise port terminal.
There are four piers – Søndre Akershus Pier (235 m), Vippetangen (230 m), Revierkaia (300 m) and Filipstad (350 m).
At the area of Oslo cruise port terminal the passengers can find a coffee shop, tourist information office with sightseeing tours and free maps and shops for souvenirs. There is a currency exchange and Internet.
Most of the major sightseeing are close to Oslo cruise port terminal. Outside, there are taxis available. They accept credit cards. The public transportation system offers bus service. The buses depart from the terminal every 30 minutes. You can pay by credit card and use free Wi-Fi.
To reach Bygdoy peninsula (home to Kon-Tiki, Fram museums and the Viking Ships) take the ferry service (at Pier 3). The ride from Oslo cruise port terminal is between 10 and 15 minutes with Ferry No. 91.
Oslo tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Opera House: it was inaugurated in 2008. it is an architectural masterpiece. It is made of white marble and looks like a massive ice sheet. It has angular slabs resembling giant ski slopes. The construction cost was $700 millions. It is the home of the Norwegian Ballet and Norwegian National Opera.
- Holmenkollen: famous ski jump area. It dates from the end of 19 century. The area was renovated for the Winter Olympic Games in 1952. It is 357 meter above sea level. The ski jump tower is 60 meter higher. Also you can visit the ski museum, which is the world’s oldest. Holmokollen is located in the Marka region. It is open for visitors through all the year.
- Vigeland Sculpture Park: it is in the western part of Oslo, in the Fronger Park. Discover over 200 sculptures by Gustav Vigeland.
- Oseberg Viking Ship Museum: on display are three of the world’s famous Viking ships. They are over 1,100 -year old.
- National Museum of Art: collections of Norwegian and International art and 1893 paintings. It is located on Universtetsgaten, in adjacent to the Oslo University on Universtetsgaten.
- Munch Museum: museum devoted to Edvard Munch, famous painter and pioneer of Expressionism.
- Akershus Fortress: or Akershus Castle, built by King Hakon V in the 14th century to serve as a royal residence. It was rebuilt by King Christian IV in the 17th century.
The Oslo cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Oslo, Norway.
If you lose the Oslo location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Oslo cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Oslo, Norway. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 October, 2016
2 October, 2016
3 October, 2016
4 October, 2016
5 October, 2016
6 October, 2016
7 October, 2016
8 October, 2016
9 October, 2016
11 October, 2016
12 October, 2016
13 October, 2016
14 October, 2016
15 October, 2016
16 October, 2016
17 October, 2016
18 October, 2016
19 October, 2016
20 October, 2016
22 October, 2016
23 October, 2016
24 October, 2016
25 October, 2016
26 October, 2016
27 October, 2016
28 October, 2016
29 October, 2016
30 October, 2016
31 October, 2016
10 October, 2016