Oslo cruise port is located at the Oslo Fjord’s head, on the Aker River. The capital of Norway is a modern city with lots of parks, lakes and museums of world class. The city has a population of 600,000 citizens and spreads over 175 square miles. The Port of Oslo is the busiest and biggest port in Norway.
Oslo is also one of the Hurtigruten ports along the "Express Route" (Norwegian Coastal Express). This is a regularly scheduled ferry and cruise itinerary in Norway, between the turnaround ports Bergen (southmost) and Kirkenes (northmost).
In 2013, Oslo cruise port welcomed over 300,000 passengers from 146 different nations. Cruises to Oslo are divided in two main types of itineraries - Baltic Sea cruises and Norwegian Fjords cruises.
Highlights: City shops, Viking Ship Museum, Akershus Castle, Munch Museum
Oslo cruise terminal
Oslo cruise port is centrally located. The cruise vessels dock on Akershus Fortress sides. The downtown is within walking distance. The airport is 50 km from Oslo cruise port terminal.
There are four piers – Søndre Akershus Pier (235 m), Vippetangen (230 m), Revierkaia (300 m) and Filipstad (350 m).
At the area of Oslo cruise port terminal the passengers can find a coffee shop, tourist information office with sightseeing tours and free maps and shops for souvenirs. There is a currency exchange and Internet.
Most of the major sightseeing are close to Oslo cruise port terminal. Outside, there are taxis available. They accept credit cards. The public transportation system offers bus service. The buses depart from the terminal every 30 minutes. You can pay by credit card and use free Wi-Fi.
To reach Bygdoy peninsula (home to Kon-Tiki, Fram museums and the Viking Ships) take the ferry service (at Pier 3). The ride from Oslo cruise port terminal is between 10 and 15 minutes with Ferry No. 91.
Oslo tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Opera House: it was inaugurated in 2008. it is an architectural masterpiece. It is made of white marble and looks like a massive ice sheet. It has angular slabs resembling giant ski slopes. The construction cost was $700 millions. It is the home of the Norwegian Ballet and Norwegian National Opera.
- Holmenkollen: famous ski jump area. It dates from the end of 19 century. The area was renovated for the Winter Olympic Games in 1952. It is 357 meter above sea level. The ski jump tower is 60 meter higher. Also you can visit the ski museum, which is the world’s oldest. Holmokollen is located in the Marka region. It is open for visitors through all the year.
- Vigeland Sculpture Park: it is in the western part of Oslo, in the Fronger Park. Discover over 200 sculptures by Gustav Vigeland.
- Oseberg Viking Ship Museum: on display are three of the world’s famous Viking ships. They are over 1,100 -year old.
- National Museum of Art: collections of Norwegian and International art and 1893 paintings. It is located on Universtetsgaten, in adjacent to the Oslo University on Universtetsgaten.
- Munch Museum: museum devoted to Edvard Munch, famous painter and pioneer of Expressionism.
- Akershus Fortress: or Akershus Castle, built by King Hakon V in the 14th century to serve as a royal residence. It was rebuilt by King Christian IV in the 17th century.
The Oslo cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Oslo, Norway.
If you lose the Oslo location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Oslo cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Oslo, Norway. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
12 April, 2017
19 April, 2017
28 April, 2017
To mark the 70th anniversary of the Italian Republic's birth, Costa Cruises is staging a series of events in celebration of Italian style onboard its...May 29, 2016
P&O Cruises announced the launch of its most varied and largest cruise programme for 2017-2018. Opening for sale April 4, 2016 the new...March 20, 2016
AIDA Cruises re-shuffled its summer deployment for AIDAstella and AIDAaura. The 2,194-passenger AIDAstella switches from East to West Mediterranean...February 21, 2016
The mayor of Bergen, Trude Drevland, and Inge Tangeraas, Bergen harbor master, have been charged with corruption. This was confirmed yesterday...September 19, 2015
Costa Cruises will celebrate June 2, Italian Republic Day, onboard company's Italian-flagged cruise ships. The celebratory events will be organized...May 29, 2015
- show more news