Aranui 3 Review and Specifications
Specifications of Aranui 3
|Flag state||Cayman Islands|
|Builder||Severnav SA (Drobeta-Turnu Severin, Romania)|
|Class||cargo cruise ship|
|Owner||CPTM (Compagnie Polynesienne de Transport Maritime)|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||118 m / 387 ft|
|Beam (width)||18 m / 59 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||7325 gt|
|Passengers||200 - 208|
|Decks with cabins||8|
Review of Aranui 3
Among some of the most special and unusual small Tahiti cruise ships, Aranui 3 is a mixed passenger-freighter (cargo) cruise ship operating between Tahiti and Marquesas Islands. Homeported in Papeete Tahiti (French Polynesia), the vessel is SOLAS-registered as a "passenger ship" for international operations.
The shipowner CPTM is a 3rd generation maritime shipping company that operates in French Polynesia exclusively. Established in 1954 by the Wong family (Tahiti), initially the company was named "Wing Man Hing". its cargo vessels serve French Polynesia for over 6 decades. Originally, the company serviced Tuamotus and Gambiers Archipelagos, conducting freight shipping between the islands and Tahiti.
In 2016, the shipowner CPTM replaced Aranui 3 with the new Aranui 5, which is built in China. There are only two Aranui ships - "Aranui 2" and "Aranui 4" names were not used due to superstitious reasons. The new Aranui ship is taller and slightly wider, with 2 additional decks adding more cruise staterooms (pax capacity 260) and public spaces. The length of both ships is similar - approx 125 m (410 ft) - enabling safe navigation in the small harbors of the South Pacific islands.
Translated from Maori, the name "Aranui" means "Great Highway". Aranui 3 has container capacity of 80 TEUs (standard containers). The ship is powered by MaK 8M32 diesel engine (total power output 3840 kW or 5150 hp). This cargo cruise ship offers spacious passenger suites, bar-lounge, library, outdoor swimming pool, gym, passenger use of onboard facilities (including scuba diving, snorkeling, sea fishing).
Aranui 3 cruise itinerary
Aranui 3 scheduled itinerary offers cargo ship cruises in French Polynesia (South Pacific), visiting Tuamotus ( Marquesas and Society Islands). Apart from the cargo shipping service, the vessel's cruise passenger service offers 14-days long roundtrip itineraries departing from Papeete Tahiti.
Follows the list of ports of call (scheduled day visits) on the ship's 14-day roundtrip cruise itinerary.
- Day 1 - embarkation in port Papeete at around 11 am. Activities include "Welcome Aboard" cocktail party and Marquesan dance show by the swimming pool.
- Day 2 - Fakarava Atoll (Tuamotus) - activities include swimming, snorkelling, scuba diving, visiting a local pearl farm.
- Day 3 - at sea - passengers can attend onboard lessons (dancing, singing), lecture, Karaoke night.
- Day 4 - Ua Pou Island (Marquesas islands). Activities include stops in ports Taiohae, Hatiheu, Taipivai.
- Day 5 - Nuku Hiva Island (Marquesas islands). Activities include stop in port Hakahau, optional hiking, traditional dancing show, cultural display, ahore lunch at traditional restaurant.
- Day 6 - Hiva Oa island (Marquesas islands). Activities include stop in port Atuona, ashore lunch at authentic restaurant.
- Day 7 - Fatu Hiva Island (Marquesas islands). Activities include stops in ports Omoa and Hanavave, shopping for traditional handicrafts, carving demonstration, tapa (bark) cloth making demonstration, hiking (in Hanavave) of a 17 km (10 ml) long trek.
- Day 8 - Hiva Oa island (Marquesas). Activities include stop in port Puamau and an guided excursion to an archaeological site (sacred dance performance).
- Day 9 - Tahuata Island (Marquesas). Activities include stops in ports Vaitahu and Hapatoni, visiting a church, watching tattoo making and bone carving, plus onboard leisure events planned.
- Day 10 - Ua Huka Island, and Ua Pou Island. Activities include stops in ports ofVaipaee, Hane, Hokatu, watching the cruise ship doing a complete turnaround while the captain explains the unique manoeuvre, follows traditional welcome party at Vaipee, visiting its ethnological museum, horseback riding to the botanical gardens at Hane, ashore lunch at Chez Celine Fournier, optional hiking.
- Day 11 - Nuku Hiva Island, and Ua Pou Island. Activities include stops in ports Taiohae and Hakahau.
- Day 12 - at sea
- Day 13 - Rangiroa Atoll (Tuamotus). Activities include souvenir / gift shopping, scuba diving, snorkelling, optional glass-bottom boat tour, ashore lunch.
- Day 14 - disembarkation in port Papeete at around 9:30 am.
Aranui 3 related cruise news
The regional representative in Australia & New Zealand for Aranui Cruises, Laurent Wong, announced that the 2017 itinerary program of the cargo...April 10, 2016
The brand new Aranui 5 passenger-freighter vessel arrived to her home port of Papeete, Tahiti. Aranui 5 is scheduled for an inaugural...November 20, 2015
- show more news