GNV La Superba ferry last position
GNV La Superba ferry last location was at West Mediterranean (coordinates 38.13010 N / 13.36493 E) cruising at speed of 102.3 kn (189 km/h | 118 mph) en route to Palermo. The AIS position was reported 7 months ago.Current Position
Specifications of GNV La Superba ferry
|Year of build||2002 / Age: 21|
|Builder||Nuovi Cantieri Apuania (Marina di Carrara, Italy)|
|Class||fast cruiseferry (Ro-Ro ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Genoa-Palermo Sicily, Genoa-Tunis|
|Building cost||EUR 120 million|
|Speed||30 kn / 56 km/h / 35 mph|
|Length (LOA)||212 m / 696 ft|
|Beam (width)||30 m / 98 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||49257 gt|
|Sister-ships||GNV La Suprema|
|Owner||Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC)|
|Operator||GRANDI NAVI VELOCI|
GNV La Superba ferry Review
Review of GNV La Superba ferry
GNV La Superba ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the Italian company GRANDI NAVI VELOCI. The ship has a max capacity of 2920 passengers and 984 cars or 185 trucks (semi-trailers). The vessel was launched in 2002 and currently operates on the Italy-Sicily and Italy-Tunisia ferry routes Genoa-Palermo and Genoa-Tunis (crossing time 21 hours and 24 hours, respectively).
As cruise ferry, La Superba has a total of 567 cabins, including 37 Suites (of which 31x Double and 6x Presidential Balcony). All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (toilet/shower/washbasin, hairdryer). Suites additionally offer as amenities TV (satellite reception), radio, phone, mini-bar, large Porthole Window. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries.
The ship additionally has 940 reclining seats (aircraft-type seats) available for pre-booking in Reserved Seating Lounges. Four cabins are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers).
- Double Suites are for 2 people (fitted with 1 double bed).
- Family Suites are triple cabins (capacity 3 passengers, with 1 double bed and 1 sofabed).
- Presidential Suites are the ship's largest accommodations, designed with separate living and sleeping areas and equipped with 1 walk-in wardrobe and whirlpool bath. The cabin balcony is furnished with 1 table and 2 loungers.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the GNV La Superba ship offers:
- Le Chandelier / A La Carte Restaurant (capacity 404 seats) is located on deck 7. It also serves a kids menu with dishes specifically designed for children.
- Capriccio / Self-Service / Buffet Restaurant, with adjacent Mosaico Italiano Restaurant (402 seats) - kids menus are also available.
- Snack Bar (year-round) and Pizzeria (open seasonally) serve breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. The menu includes light snacks, sandwiches, salads, fruits, yogurt, ice cream, fresh-baked Neapolitan pizzas (with traditional toppings).
- Grand Palais Hall is the ship's Atrium with Piano Bar (live music performances) and floor-ceiling glass walls.
- Two spiral staircases provide access to Coral Deck (Deck 8) with a Theatre and banqueting area
- 6 Bars, one of which with floor-ceiling windows
- Sky Club Disco (176-seat nightclub on Lido Deck)
- Library, Reading Lounges, Conference Centre (Meeting Room on Sky Deck 9)
- Children's Play Area is an indoor playground equipped with a TV (showing cartoons), coloring tables, games, and toys. Supervised by dedicated staff fun activities for kids are provided complimentary during summer.
- Gaming and gambling include Arcades (Gaming Rooms) and Casino (Slot Machines).
- Cinema - unlike most ferries, on GNV ships the Cinema Room is free of charge.
- The Swimming Pool (on Lido Deck) is open seasonally. Also on Lido deck are located Jacuzzi (large whirlpool), Gymnasium, Fitness Area (on the Verandah / opening out to Lido Deck).
- Photographer (seasonal)
- Wedding Chapel
- Reserved Seating Lounges (fitted with comfortable Pullman seats / fully-reclining leather armchairs)
- At the Ferry Shopping Centre, retail outlets (boutique shops) sell at discounted pricing gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (spirits, wines), tobaccos, premium-brand perfumes and cosmetics, designer jewelry, fashion clothing and accessories, watches, sunglasses, personal hygiene products, travel essentials, confectionery, snacks, toys, puzzles, books, magazines.
- free Wi-Fi, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception)
The vessel offers plenty of outdoor deck space. The top-deck is Heli Deck with a helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In cases of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
GRANDI NAVI VELOCI cruise deals
As on cruise ships, all GNV ferries offer passenger cabins with modern amenities, individually controlled air-conditioning and en-suite facilities. Some suites are with private balconies.
Occasionally, the largest GNV ships are also used for Mediterranean mini-cruises - especially during the Christmas and New Year holidays.
- Onboard food includes a huge variety of options. A la carte restaurants provide a combination of international, regional and Mediterranean food with a range of signature dishes for the 3 courses. The self-service/buffet dining provides passengers with an array of different choices in an informal setting. Snack Bars serve fast-food classics for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Pizzeria is open during high season and offers fresh-baked Neapolitan pizzas with a variety of toppings. On the routes between Italy and Tunisia-Morocco are also available Halal meals - permissible by the traditional Islamic law food and drinks.
- Ships' boutique shops sell at discount prices tobacco and alcohol (budget and premium wines and spirits), as well as luxury brand perfumes and cosmetics, designer jewelry, watches, fashion clothing and accessories, sunglasses, souvenirs, toys.
- The shipboard Conference Centre serves the company's "GNV MICE and INCENTIVE" program and offers 5 different formats for group meetings, conventions and corporate events at sea and in port - Charters (full), Part Charters (dedicated onboard areas), Mini-Cruises, Floating Hotel (ship hotel) and Corporate Events (onboard aperitifs, lunches and dinners).
Children under 4 years of age travel free of charge on all GNV ships. Kids under 2 years of age travel free of charge on Tunisia and Morocco routes.
Cots, high chairs, bottle warmers, changing tables and cot sides are provided on request and free of charge.
Follows a list of car decks-related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (deck 7, open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Grandi Navi Veloci (fleet, 1992-founded, headquartered in Genoa, Italy) is an Italian ferry company operating on shipping routes between mainland Italy, Sardinia, Sicily, Albania, France, Morocco, and Tunisia.
GNV La Superba ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of GNV La Superba ferryAdd Photo
GNV La Superba ferry ship related cruise news
GNV La Superba ferry was badly damaged after a fire on Saturday, January 14th. The damage on the vessel of the Italian shipowner Grandi Navi Veloci...January 16, 2023
- show more news
Other GRANDI NAVI VELOCI cruise ships
GNV La Superba ferry Wiki
The vessel was launched in June 2001 and entered service in March 2002 on the route Genoa-Olbia (Sardinia). From the same Superb-Class is also the sistership La Suprema (delivered in May 2003) on the route Genoa-Porto Torres (Sardinia).
The ferry's total cargo capacity is 2800 lane meters (185 trailers). The ship is powered by 4x Wartsila marine diesel engines (model 16V46C) with total power output 67,2 MW. The propulsion system consists of two 4-blade propellers and two Bow thrusters (total power output 1,5 MW). The onboard electrical power is provided by 4x Wartsila generator sets (total power 9,36 MW).