GNV La Suprema ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of GNV La Suprema ferry
|Year built||2003 / Age : 17|
|Builder||Nuovi Cantieri Apuania (Marina di Carrara, Italy)|
|Class||fast cruiseferry (Ro-Ro ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Genoa-Palermo Sicily, Genoa-Tunis|
|Building cost||USD 120 million|
|Owner||GRANDI NAVI VELOCI|
|Operator||GRANDI NAVI VELOCI|
|Speed||30 kn / 56 kph / 35 mph|
|Length (LOA)||212 m / 696 ft|
|Beam (width)||30 m / 98 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||49257 gt|
|Sister-ships||GNV La Superba|
Current position of GNV La Suprema ferry
Review of GNV La Suprema ferry
GNV La Suprema ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the Italian company GRANDI NAVI VELOCI. The ship has a max capacity of 2920 passengers and 984 cars (or 185 trailers). The vessel was launched in 2003 and currently operates on the Italy-Sicily and Italy-Tunisia ferry routes Genoa-Palermo and Genoa-Tunis (crossing time 21 hours and 24 hours, respectively).
As cruise ferry, La Suprema has a total of 567 cabins, of which 31 are Double-bed Suites and 6 are Presidential Balcony Suites. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (toilet/shower/wash basin, hairdryer). Suites additionally offer as amenities flat TV (satellite reception), radio, phone, mini-bar, large Porthole Window. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries.
The ship additionally has 940 reclining seats (aircraft-type seats) available for pre-booking in Reserved Seating Lounges. Four cabins are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers).
- Double Suites are for 2 people (fitted with 1 double bed).
- Family Suites are triple cabins (capacity 3 passengers, with 1 double bed and 1 sofabed).
- Presidential Suites are the ship's largest accommodations, designed with separate living and sleeping areas and equipped with 1 walk-in wardrobe and whirlpool bath. The cabin balcony is furnished with 1 table and 2 loungers.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the GNV La Suprema ship offers:
- Le Chandelier / A La Carte Restaurant (capacity 404 seats) is located on deck 7. It also serves a kids menu with dishes specifically designed for children.
- Capriccio / Self-Service / Buffet Restaurant, with adjacent Mosaico Italiano Restaurant (402 seats) - kids menus are also available.
- Snack Bar (year-round) and Pizzeria (open seasonally) serve breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. The menu includes light snacks, sandwiches, salads, fruits, yogurt, ice cream, fresh-baked Neapolitan pizzas (with traditional toppings).
- Grand Palais Hall is the ship's Atrium with Piano Bar (live music performances) and floor-ceiling glass walls.
- Two spiral staircases provide access to ship's Coral Deck (Deck 8) with a Theatre and banqueting area
- 6 Bars, one of which with floor-ceiling windows
- Sky Club Disco (176-seat nightclub on Lido Deck)
- Library, Reading Lounges, Conference Centre (Meeting Room on Sky Deck 9)
- Children's Play Area is an indoor playground equipped with a TV (showing cartoons), coloring tables, games, and toys. Supervised by dedicated staff fun activities for kids are provided complimentary during summer.
- Gaming and gambling include Arcades (Gaming Rooms) and Casino (Slot Machines).
- Cinema - unlike most ferries, on GNV ships the Cinema Room is free of charge.
- Swimming Pool (on Lido Deck) is open seasonally. Also on Lido deck are located Jacuzzi (large whirlpool), Gymnasium, Fitness Area (on the Verandah / opening out to Lido Deck).
- Photographer (seasonal)
- Wedding Chapel
- Reserved Seating Lounges (fitted with comfortable Pullman seats / fully-reclining leather armchairs)
- At the Ferry Shopping Centre, retail outlets (boutique shops) sell at discounted pricing gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (spirits, wines), tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, personal hygiene products, clothing, sunglasses, jewelry, accessories, confectionery, snacks, toys, puzzles, books, magazines.
- free Wi-Fi, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception)
- The vessel offers plenty of outdoor deck space.
- The ship's top-deck is Heli Deck with a helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In cases of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
GRANDI NAVI VELOCI cruise deals
As on cruise ships, all GNV ferries offer passenger cabins with modern amenities, individually controlled air-conditioning and en-suite facilities. Some suites are with private balconies.
Occasionally, the largest GNV ships are also used for Mediterranean mini-cruises - especially during the Christmas and New Year holidays.
- Onboard food includes a huge variety of options. A la carte restaurants provide a combination of international, regional and Mediterranean food with a range of signature dishes for the 3 courses. The self-service/buffet dining provides passengers with an array of different choices in an informal setting. Snack Bars serve fast-food classics for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Pizzeria is open during high season and offers fresh-baked Neapolitan pizzas with a variety of toppings. On the routes between Italy and Tunisia-Morocco are also available Halal meals - permissible by the traditional Islamic law food and drinks.
- At the Ferry Shopping Centre, retail outlets (boutique shops) sell at discounted pricing gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (spirits, wines), tobaccos, premium-brand perfumes and cosmetics, designer jewelry, fashion clothing and accessories, watches, sunglasses, personal hygiene products, travel essentials, confectionery, snacks, toys, puzzles, books, magazines.
- The shipboard Conference Centre serves the company's "GNV MICE and INCENTIVE" program and offers 5 different formats for group meetings, conventions and corporate events at sea and in port - Charters (full), Part Charters (dedicated onboard areas), Mini-Cruises, Floating Hotel (ship hotel) and Corporate Events (onboard aperitifs, lunches and dinners).
- Children under 4 years of age travel free of charge on all GNV ships. Kids under 2 years of age travel free of charge on Tunisia and Morocco routes.
- Cots, high chairs, bottle warmers, changing tables and cot sides are provided on request and free of charge.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (deck 7, open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Grandi Navi Veloci (founded in 1992, headquartered in Genoa, Italy) is an Italian ferry company operating on shipping routes between mainland Italy, Sardinia, Sicily, Albania, France, Morocco, and Tunisia. Grandi Navi Veloci current cruise ferry fleet includes the ships Allegra, Atlas, Azzurra, Cristal, Excellent, Excelsior, Fantastic, La Superba, La Suprema, Majestic, Rhapsody, Splendid.
GNV La Suprema ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of GNV La Suprema ferryAdd Photo
Other GRANDI NAVI VELOCI cruise ships
GNV La Suprema ferry Wiki
The vessel was launched in August 2002 and entered service in May 2003. From the same Superb-Class is also the sistership La Superba (delivered in March 2002) on the route Genoa-Olbia (Sardinia). Vessel's construction started on June 1, 2001. The keel-laying ceremony was held on August 21, 2002. The ship was christened on May 24, 2003 (in Genoa) and entered service on May 29 on the route Genoa-Porto Torres (Sardinia).
Cruiseferry's total cargo capacity is 2800 lane meters (185 trailers). The ship is powered by 4x Wartsila marine diesel engines (model 16V46C) with total power output 67,2 MW. The propulsion system consists of two 4-blade propellers and two Bow thrusters (total power output 1,5 MW). The onboard electrical power is provided by 4x Wartsila generator sets (total power 9,36 MW).
In June 2015, La Suprema was GNV fleet's first ship repainted with company's new colors and the giant logo on the hull.
In October 2017, after bunkering in Las Palmas (Gran Canaria), the ferry La Suprema made a Transatlantic crossing to Caribbean (San Juan Puerto Rico) where the ship was used as a hotel ship for displaced people following the disasters caused by hurricanes Irma and Maria in September 2017. As of February 2018, the ferry is still in Puerto Rico's waters.
In March 2019, ABB Group provided new chillers for the ship's HVAC system (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning). The retrofit (first-of-its-kind chiller optimization project) resulted in over 18% energy savings - or around 70 MWh of power per month.
GNV La Suprema ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review