GNV Sealand ferry current position
GNV Sealand ferry current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 39.55481 N / 2.63543 E) cruising en route to VLC. The AIS position was reported 3 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of GNV Sealand ferry
|Year built||2009 / Age: 13|
|Builder||Cantiere Navale Visentini (Porto Viro / Porto Levante, Italy)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Valencia-Mallorca-Ibiza|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||186 m / 610 ft|
|Beam (width)||26 m / 85 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||26904 gt|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Former names||Scottish Viking (Stena Line)|
|Owner||Visemar di Navigazione Srl|
|Operator||GNV-Grandi Navi Veloci SpA|
GNV Sealand ferry Review
Review of GNV Sealand ferry
GNV Sealand (fka "Scottish Viking") ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by Italy-based company GRANDI NAVI VELOCI. The ship has a max capacity of 880 passengers and 200 cars (or 102 trucks/semi-trailers). The vessel was launched in 2009 (as Scottish Viking) and currently operates the Spain-Balearic Islands routes Valencia-Palma de Mallorca-Ibiza Town (crossing times 5-7 hours to Ibiza, 7-10 hours to Mallorca).
MS Scottish Viking ferry was chartered by the Sweden-based company STENA LINE for 10 years (2011-2021). For STENA, Scottish Viking operated on the Sweden-Latvia ferry route Nynashamn-Ventspils (crossing time 8,5 hours).
After ending the 10-year charter with STENA, in 2021, the shipowner chartered the vessel (IMO number 9435454) to GNV under the name "GNV Sealand" (Italy-flagged, MMSI 247265800). The shipowner (Visemar di Navigazione Srl) is an Italian shipping company owned by the Porto Viro-based Cantieri navali Visentini Srl (shipyards).
As cruise ferry, GNV Sealand has a total of 705 berths in 111 cabins (including 2x Suites). All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The cabins (inside and outside) have a max capacity of 4 passengers. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, toiletries. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). The ship also offers "pet-friendly" cabins.
GNV Sealand stateroom categories include:
- 2-berth "Disabled Cabin" / Twin Outside (2 lower beds, Porthole window)
- 2-berth Twin Inside (2 lower beds, no window)
- 2-berth Twin Outside (2 lower beds, Porthole window)
- 4-berth Quad Inside (4 bunk beds / 2 lower + 2 uppers, no window) - categories Unisex, Gents ("Trucker Cabin"), and Ladies
- 4-berth Quad Outside (4 bunk beds / 2 lower + 2 uppers, Picture window) - categories Unisex, Gents, and Ladies
- 4-berth "Family Cabin" Quad Outside (4 bunk beds / 2 lower + 2 upper / 2 adults + 2 kids, Porthole window)
- All GNV ships have Suites (number differs by boat). Each of these larger-sized premium accommodations is fitted with a large Porthole (round-shaped window/non-opening) and mini-bar/fridge. Double Suites are with a Queensize double bed (non-convertible to twins). Family Suites are triple cabins (with double bed plus single sofabed).
All cabins are equipped with luxury DUX beds and mattresses, Hansgrohe bathroom faucets and showerheads, phones, TVs (satellite reception), desk (mirrored vanity table with chair), open wardrobe.
For Reserved Lounge seats, passengers can upgrade to GNV Lounge (total capacity 95 seats / 60-seat Public Room plus 35-seat Silent Room). Reserved seat deals are inclusive of airline-type seats (fully reclining leather armchairs), complimentary hot and cold beverages (coffee, specialty teas, soft drinks, wine by the glass), snacks, newspapers, magazines.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the GNV Sealand ship offers:
- GNV Restaurant (self-service buffet, hot and cold meals, kids menus)
- Barista Coffee Bar (patisserie/specialty coffee bar selling sandwiches, cakes, pastries, fruit salads, yogurt, ice cream, hot/cold drinks)
- Children's Room (indoor soft play playground for kids) is fitted with large TV (for watching cartoons), toys, interactive games, and complimentary provides supervised activities.
- GNV Shopping Center (gifts, souvenirs, spirits, wines, tobaccos, brand perfumes and cosmetics, skincare products, leather goods, toys, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, gadgets and electronics, designer watches, sunglasses and jewelry, convenience goods and travel essentials). Onboard retail shopping promotions are often held and provide up to 50% discounted pricing on big brand merchandise.
- The Lobby Bar Lounge is furnished with comfortable leather sofas and chairs and round tables.
- Truckers Lounge (truck drivers only bar lounge and restaurant)
- (deck 7) On Sun Deck are located Solarium (outdoor relaxation area with sun loungers), jogging track, helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency), pets area (air-conditioned room, kennels/booths for dogs and walking area). Passengers are allowed to visit their pets during the crossing. For taking dogs for a deck walk passengers must request permission from the ship staff.
- free Wi-Fi service, ATM/cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception).
All bars and lounges are fitted with large TVs and comfortable seating.
Luggage Compartments (luggage lockers) are available in the Seating Lounge and accessible throughout the voyage.
Dining options include the Self-Service Buffet Restaurant (full menu, single courses, kids-vegetarian-healthy meals, traditional Italian dishes), Bar-Cafeteria (patisserie - pastries, cakes, drinks, snacks, sandwiches), Outdoor Bar (grill food, cocktails, beers, sundeck BBQs), chocolate and ice-cream parlor.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
All GNV ships are fitted with CCTV cameras with image recording. Smoking anywhere inside the ships is not permitted.
GRANDI NAVI VELOCI cruise deals
As on cruise ships, all GNV ferries offer passenger cabins with modern amenities, individually controlled air-conditioning and en-suite facilities. Some suites are with private balconies.
Occasionally, the largest GNV ships are also used for Mediterranean mini-cruises - especially during the Christmas and New Year holidays.
- Onboard food includes a huge variety of options. A la carte restaurants provide a combination of international, regional and Mediterranean food with a range of signature dishes for the 3 courses. The self-service/buffet dining provides passengers with an array of different choices in an informal setting. Snack Bars serve fast-food classics for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Pizzeria is open during high season and offers fresh-baked Neapolitan pizzas with a variety of toppings. On the routes between Italy and Tunisia-Morocco are also available Halal meals - permissible by the traditional Islamic law food and drinks.
- Ships' boutique shops sell at discount prices tobacco and alcohol (budget and premium wines and spirits), as well as luxury brand perfumes and cosmetics, designer jewelry, watches, fashion clothing and accessories, sunglasses, souvenirs, toys.
- The shipboard Conference Centre serves the company's "GNV MICE and INCENTIVE" program and offers 5 different formats for group meetings, conventions and corporate events at sea and in port - Charters (full), Part Charters (dedicated onboard areas), Mini-Cruises, Floating Hotel (ship hotel) and Corporate Events (onboard aperitifs, lunches and dinners).
Children under 4 years of age travel free of charge on all GNV ships. Kids under 2 years of age travel free of charge on Tunisia and Morocco routes.
Cots, high chairs, bottle warmers, changing tables and cot sides are provided on request and free of charge.
GNV provides to families traveling with kids high chairs, cots, safety bars (for cabins' bunk beds), baby changing rooms, kids menu, supervised activities (games, toys, drawing sets, board games), kids playroom (with ball pool). Kids' entertainment program is available during peak season (movies, handicraft workshops).
Pets on the ship
Pets (dogs, cats, and ferrets) can be ferried on GNV Sealand ship, but some requirements depend on the itinerary (destination).
- Pets are not allowed in passenger cabins unless the stateroom is "pet-friendly" (usually 2-bed dog's cabin).
- The cruise ship has a dog toilet.
- At all times during the voyage, dogs must be leashed and muzzled, and never left alone.
- Guide dogs travel for free and are allowed on all passenger decks and in the owners' cabin (but must wear a harness or jacket).
- The animals must have and microchips and valid EU pet passports with standard information about their identity, vaccinations (other treatments). Pets also must have approved microchip (or tattoo) and rabies vaccination by an authorized veterinarian.
- Passengers with pets always disembark last.
Car passengers can ferry up to 5 animals (per vehicle). Pets in vehicles must remain inside at all times. Foot passengers are allowed up to 5 pets, but the pre-booking of an onboard kennel is required.
All pet-friendly GNV ships have onboard kennels and a dog toilet. Kennels are big (100x97x94 cm), medium-sized (100x64x108 cm) and small (100x65x50 cm). Passenger cabins provide TV monitoring of the kennels. Visiting the pet during the voyage is recommended.
GNV ships offer 2 types of Pet Cages - small (max height 50-75 cm / pets less than 30 kg) and large (max height 70-90 cm / pets over 30 kg). Passengers can also bring their own pet carriers. Pet Cage pricing varies depending on the ferry route. Valid health cards for pets are required. Under no circumstances, pets are allowed out of their cages/carriers during the crossing. During embarkation and disembarkation, dogs must be leashed and muzzled.
Cargo decks serve road vehicles (cars, trucks, trailers) and trains (freight decks 2 to 7). On Deck 2 there are 1 train track (204 lane meters) plus 204 lane meters for trailers. Main Train Deck (3) has capacity 916 lane meters for trains (6 rail tracks) plus 1011 lane meters for trailers. Lower Trailer Deck (5) has a capacity 1162 lane meters. Upper Trailer Deck (7) has a capacity 918 lane meters. Access to Deck 5 is by a massive lift (platform length 104 m / 341 ft, lifting capacity 816 tons). The ship has 2 car decks (6 and 7).
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Grandi Navi Veloci (fleet, 1992-founded, headquartered in Genoa, Italy) is an Italian ferry company operating on shipping routes between mainland Italy, Sardinia, Sicily, Albania, France, Morocco, and Tunisia.
GNV Sealand ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of GNV Sealand ferryAdd Photo
Other GRANDI NAVI VELOCI cruise ships
GNV Sealand ferry Wiki
After its inauguration in July 2009 (as "Scottish Viking" for Watling Street Ltd/shipowner), the boat was chartered to "Norfolk Line" (now part of DFDS Seaways) to serve the UK Scotland-Belgium route Edinburgh/Rosyth-Zeebrugge, In 2010-2011 it was chartered to SCANDLINES, and between 2011-2021 - to STENA LINE.
The vessel (IMO number 9435454) is powered by four MAN marine diesel engines (model 9L48-60B) with combined output 21,6 MW. The propulsion system includes two controllable pitch propellers.
The ferryboat's cargo capacity is 2255 lanemetres, allowing storage for 102 semi-trailers (trucks) or 195 cars.
On January 14, 2021, the shipowner (Visemar di Navigazione Srl) long-term chartered "Scottish Viking" to GNV, with which GNV added capacity to its Mainland Italy-Sicily routes. On May 1st, the ship left Gdansk Poland (where was drydocked and renamed "GNV Sealand") and arrived in Genoa on May 8th. The new GNV livery was added at Mariotti Shipyards. On the Spain-Balearic Islands was also deployed GNV Bridge (2021-newbuild).
GNV Sealand was used in 2021 as a replacement for fleetmates entering drydocks for maintenance. The temporary deployments included the routes Genoa-Sardinia Island (Porto Torres, Olbia), Civitavecchia-Olbia, Civitavecchia-Termini Imerese (Sicily).
GNV Sealand ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review