GNV Allegra ferry current position
GNV Allegra ferry current location is at Adriatic Sea (coordinates 41.13571 N / 16.86711 E) cruising en route to Bari. The AIS position was reported 44 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of GNV Allegra ferry
|Year built||1987 / Age: 34|
|Builder||Wartsila Marine Perno Shipyard (Turku, Finland)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Genoa-Olbia (Sardinia Island)|
|Building cost||EUR 51 million|
|Owner||MSC-Mediterranean Shipping Company SA|
|Operator||GRANDI NAVI VELOCI|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||166 m / 545 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||31914 gt|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Former names||Kronprins Harald, Oscar Wilde|
GNV Allegra ferry Review
Review of GNV Allegra ferry
GNV Allegra ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned by MSC Shipping and operated by the Italy-based company GRANDI NAVI VELOCI. The ship has a max capacity of 1458 passengers, 580 cars and 62 lorries. The vessel was launched in 1987 and currently operates on the Italy-Sardinia ferry route Genoa-Olbia (crossing time 12 hours).
As cruise ferry, GNV Allegra has a total of 479 cabins, all of which are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. The ship also has wheelchair-accessible cabins (adapted for disabled passengers). Priority boarding is offered to all car drivers.
GNV Allegra staterooms are located on decks 5-6-8-9 and are in the following categories:
- Premium Suite (deck 8, Twin Outside with king-size double bed, flat TV, hairdryer, trouser press, mini-bar, fruit basket, tea-coffee making facilities, seating area, dedicated cabin steward, 10% shopping discount on selected products)
- 2-berth 5-Star Window Suite (deck 8, Twin Outside with double bed, flat TV, hairdryer, trouser press, mini-fridge, mini-bar, fruit basket, tea-coffee making facilities, seating area, complimentary breakfast in Berneval, dedicated cabin steward, 10% shopping discount on selected products)
- 4-berth 4-Star Window Cabin (deck 8, Quad Outside with 2 lower beds and 2 pull down bunks, flat TV, hairdryer, trouser press, mini-bar, fruit basket, dedicated cabin steward)
- 2-berth 4-Star Window Cabin (decks 8-9, Twin Outside with 2 lower beds, flat TV, hairdryer, trouser press, mini-bar, fruit basket, dedicated cabin steward)
- 4-berth 3-Star Window Cabin (deck 5, Quad Outside with 2 lower beds and 2 pull down bunks, flat TV)
- 4-berth 3-Star Cabin (decks 6-8-9, Quad Inside with 2 lower beds and 2 pull down bunks, flat TV, no windows)
- 2-berth 3-Star Window Cabin (deck 6, Twin Outside with 2 lower beds, flat TV)
- 2-berth 3-Star Cabin (decks 6-8-9, Twin Inside with 2 lower beds, no windows)
- 4-berth 2-Star Window Cabin (decks 5-6-8, Quad Outside with 2 lower beds and 2 pull down bunks)
- 4-berth 2-Star Cabin (decks 5-6-8, Quad Inside with 2 lower beds and 2 pull down bunks, no windows)
- 3-berth 2-Star Cabin (decks 5-8, Triple Inside with 2 lower beds and 1 bunk bed, no windows)
- 2-berth 2-Star Window Cabin (decks 5-8, Twin Outside with 2 lower beds)
- 2-berth 2-Star Cabin (decks 6-8, Twin Inside with 2 lower beds, no windows)
- 2-berth Disabled Cabin ((Wheelchair-accessible Outside, midship location - close to the elevator, with wider entry door, 2 lower beds, adapted bathroom - wider door, raised toilet seat, grab bars, shower seat, adjustable shower head).
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the GNV Allegra ship offers:
- "The Steakhouse" and "The Berneval" are a la carte priced (waiter service) restaurants. Both restaurants have extensive wine lists.
- The Steakhouse offers steaks (striploin, filet, ribeye, T-bone), seafood (scallops, prawns, crab claws), sauces and condiments, wide selections of beers and spirits, cocktail menu, gourmet desserts (ice-creams, pudding, cheese platter).
- The Berneval offers Continental Buffet breakfast (chilled Juices, cereals, cold meats, cheeses, Fruit Salad Bar, onboard bakery/fresh made breads-toasts-croissants-pastries), kids breakfast menu, dinner menu (3-course fixed price), gourmet desserts (3-course fixed price - creme brulee, fresh fruits, Warm Chocolate Pudding, farm-made ice-creams, homemade pannacotta, Cheese Board, Davidoff Coffee, Valhrona Chocolate).
- The Left Bank Brasserie is the ship's buffet restaurant (self-service) with a wide selection of salads (including create-your-own option), fruits, desserts, main hot dishes (EUR 10-12-14 per item), soups, burgers (prime beef and veggie), beverages, light bites (sandwiches, tortilla wrap). The restaurant also has a kids' menu (EUR 8 per item). All the food is freshly prepared using the finest local produce.
- Cafe Lafayette (deck 7) is the ship's Cafeteria (self-service snack bar/patisserie/ Costa Coffee bar). Snack options include croissants, panini sandwiches, French bloomer sandwich, 12-inch pizzas (extra toppings at EUR 1), baked muffins, homemade scones, fresh-baked pastries, yogurts, fresh fruit smoothies, sweet crepe station, American pancake station, Belgian waffle station, plenty of healthy and vegetarian food options.
- Oscar's Bar is a small piano bar furnished with leather armchairs and 4-seat tables. The bar also has 2 small gaming areas.
- Cinema De Cannes (deck 10) combines 2 Cinemas, each playing 4 different movies daily. Tickets can be purchased from Information Desk.
- The Gaiety Bar Lounge (deck 7) is the ship's main lounge with comfortable seating and stage for live performances. The list of activities hosted at The Gaiety Lounge includes treasure hunts, magic shows, Kiddie's disco, music band, and solo performances. The Wilde Nights Cabaret Show is performed here in the evenings.
- The Merrion Bar Lounge (forward on deck 7)
- Conference Center can be booked for group meetings and conferences at sea.
- The Happy Prince is a children's play area (kids playroom / soft-play area with games and toys).
- Video Games Arcade (including driving simulators).
- Aelia (duty-free shop on deck 5) is a combined boutique-convenience store selling gifts, souvenirs, spirits, wines, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, toys, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, leather goods, brand jewelry, sunglasses, photo-video equipment, electronics. Different shopping promotions are offered on each voyage. Among the brand stores presented onboard are Hugo Boss, Christian Dior, Calvin Klein, Cinque, Paco Rabanne, Estee Lauder.
- Reclining Pullman seat lounges (deck 10)
- Freight Drivers Club Lounge (deck 6) is an exclusive restaurant lounge for truck drivers only.
- Free Wi-Fi, Internet kiosks
- Hair and Beauty Salon (deck 5)
- Casino (gaming table area on deck 7 / near the ship entrance)
- Reception Desk (deck 5) with adjacent Bureau de Change (ATM/cashier services)
- Sun Deck (outdoor areas on deck 11) is served by an open-air bar (drinks and snacks).
- All lounges are fitted with large TVs (satellite reception).
- The ship's Hospital is located aft-portside on deck 6.
- All upper decks are accessible via 4 lifts (3 forward, 1 aft).
- Deck 8 has a Promenade Deck (outdoor/open-air deck area accessible to passengers).
- The Navigation Bridge and the adjacent officers quarters are on deck 9.
- Car passengers can bring as much luggage as their vehicle can handle. Foot passengers between Ireland and UK must check-in bulky items, but have no access to them during the voyage. Foot passengers traveling between Ireland and France are allowed to bring only carry-on luggage as check-in facilities are not available.
GRANDI NAVI VELOCI cruise deals
As on cruise ships, all GNV ferries offer passenger cabins with modern amenities, individually controlled air-conditioning and en-suite facilities. Some suites are with private balconies.
Occasionally, the largest GNV ships are also used for Mediterranean mini-cruises - especially during the Christmas and New Year holidays.
- Onboard food includes a huge variety of options. A la carte restaurants provide a combination of international, regional and Mediterranean food with a range of signature dishes for the 3 courses. The self-service/buffet dining provides passengers with an array of different choices in an informal setting. Snack Bars serve fast-food classics for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Pizzeria is open during high season and offers fresh-baked Neapolitan pizzas with a variety of toppings. On the routes between Italy and Tunisia-Morocco are also available Halal meals - permissible by the traditional Islamic law food and drinks.
- Ships' boutique shops sell at discount prices tobacco and alcohol (budget and premium wines and spirits), as well as luxury brand perfumes and cosmetics, designer jewelry, watches, fashion clothing and accessories, sunglasses, souvenirs, toys.
- The shipboard Conference Centre serves the company's "GNV MICE and INCENTIVE" program and offers 5 different formats for group meetings, conventions and corporate events at sea and in port - Charters (full), Part Charters (dedicated onboard areas), Mini-Cruises, Floating Hotel (ship hotel) and Corporate Events (onboard aperitifs, lunches and dinners).
- Children under 4 years of age travel free of charge on all GNV ships. Kids under 2 years of age travel free of charge on Tunisia and Morocco routes.
- Cots, high chairs, bottle warmers, changing tables and cot sides are provided on request and free of charge.
GNV Allegra ship has 2 vehicle decks which feature an internal ramp for accessing the upper car deck.
All ferried vehicles must have documentation and valid insurance. Having the car's technical data sheet makes boarding checks easier. Upon booking, the vehicle's model, length and height must be specified. Car ferry passengers must arrive at the departure port 90 min prior departure.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The ship-charterer Grandi Navi Veloci (founded in 1992, headquartered in Genoa, Italy) is an Italian ferry company operating on shipping routes between mainland Italy, Sardinia, Sicily, Albania, France, Morocco, and Tunisia. Grandi Navi Veloci current cruise ferry fleet includes the ships Allegra, Atlas, Azzurra, Cristal, Excellent, Excelsior, Fantastic, La Superba, La Suprema, Majestic, Rhapsody, Splendid.
GNV Allegra ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of GNV Allegra ferryAdd Photo
GNV Allegra ferry Wiki
The ship was launched under the name "Kronprins Harald" for Jahre Line (operating in Norway between 1961-1990, when the merger with Norway Line and Fred Olsen Lines formed COLOR LINE). As Kronprins Harald, the ferry operated on the Norway-Germany route Oslo-Kiel until 2007 when was acquired by ICG (Irish Continental Group) and joined IRISH FERRIES fleet. Following the September 2007 drydock refit and refurbishment at Royal Denship (Fredericia Skibsvaerft Shipyard in Odense, Denmark) the vessel was renamed "Oscar Wilde" and entered service on November 30, 2007. Unlike the other IRISH FERRIES ships, Oscar Wilde had white funnel and blue hull, instead of company's traditional green funnel and white hull.
The ship is powered by two Wartsila-Sulzer marine diesel engines (12-cylinder, model 12 ZAV 40) with total power output 19,8 MW. For IRISH FERRIES, Oscar Wilde was operated on the Ireland-France ferry routes Rosslare-Cherbourg (crossing time 18,5 hours) and Rosslare-Roscoff (crossing time 17,5 hours).
In April 2019, ICG (shipowner since 2007) announced company's entering into a bareboat hire purchase agreement for vessel's sale to MSC Shipping - world's 2nd-largest containership company. Vessel's net book value was reported EUR 7,7 million (USD 8,7 m). On Apr 11, 2019, ICG sold the cruiseferry to MSC for EUR 28,9 million (USD 32 million) payable in 6 annual equal instalments (to 2025). Following the aquisition, the ferry was renamed "GNV Allegra" and transferred to the MSC's subsidiary company GNV (Grandi Navi Veloci). Ship's flagstate/registry was also changed - from Bahamas (MMS 308847000) to Italy (MMSI 247392600).
GNV's Italy-Sardinia servicde (Genoa-Olbia) was introduced with the Allegra ship on May 25, 2019 (inaugural cruise). In April-May, the ferry was drydocked in Genoa to be adapted for the Italian market.
GNV Allegra ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review