GNV Fantastic ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of GNV Fantastic ferry
|Year built||1996 / Age : 23|
|Builder||Nuovi Canterie Apuani (Italy)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Genoa-(Barcelona)-Tangier, Sete-(Barcelona)-Tangier|
|Owner||GRANDI NAVI VELOCI|
|Operator||GRANDI NAVI VELOCI|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||188 m / 617 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||35222 gt|
Current position of GNV Fantastic ferry
Review of GNV Fantastic ferry
GNV Fantastic ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Italy-based company GRANDI NAVI VELOCI. The ship has a max capacity of 2033 passengers and 760 cars (or 130 trailers). The vessel was launched in 1996 and currently operates on the Morocco-Spain-Italy ferry route Tangier-Barcelona-Genoa (crossing time 49,5 hours), as well as on the France-Morocco route Sete-(Barcelona)-Tangier (crossing time 40 hours.
As cruise ferry, GNV Fantastic has 413 cabins (including 36 Suites) with a total of 1389 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (toilet/shower/wash basin, hairdryer). Suites additionally offer as amenities flat TV (satellite reception), radio, mini-bar, large Porthole Window. Double suites are for 2 people (with 1 double bed). Family suites are for 3 people (1 double bed + 1 sofabed). Cots for children under 2 years are available upon request.
The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Four staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (cabins adapted for disabled passengers). There are also "pet-friendly" cabins.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the GNV Fantastic ship offers:
- A La Carte Restaurant. It also serves a kids menu with dishes specifically designed for children.
- Self-Service / Buffet Restaurant - kids menus are also available.
- Snack Bar / Cafe is open year-round and sells sandwiches, cakes, pastries, fruit salads, yogurt, ice cream, hot/cold drinks.
- The pizzeria is open high-season only and serves fresh-baked Neapolitan pizzas with traditional toppings.
- Library, Reading Lounges, Conference Centre (Meeting Room)
- Children's Play Area is an indoor playground equipped with a TV (showing cartoons), coloring tables, games, and toys. Supervised by dedicated staff fun activities for kids are provided complimentary during summer.
- Gaming and gambling include Arcades (Gaming Rooms) and Casino (Slot Machines).
- Photographer (seasonal)
- Wedding Chapel
- Reserved Seating Lounges (fitted with comfortable Pullman seats / fully-reclining leather armchairs)
- At the Ferry Shopping Centre, retail outlets (boutique shops) sell at discounted pricing gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (spirits, wines), tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, personal hygiene products, clothing, sunglasses, jewelry, accessories, newspapers, confectionery, snacks, toys, books.
- free Wi-Fi, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception)
- The vessel offers plenty of outdoor deck space.
- The ship's top-deck is Heli Deck with a helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In cases of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
GRANDI NAVI VELOCI cruise deals
As on cruise ships, all GNV ferries offer passenger cabins with modern amenities, individually controlled air-conditioning and en-suite facilities. Some suites are with private balconies.
Occasionally, the largest GNV ships are also used for Mediterranean mini-cruises - especially during the Christmas and New Year holidays.
- Onboard food includes a huge variety of options. A la carte restaurants provide a combination of international, regional and Mediterranean food with a range of signature dishes for the 3 courses. The self-service/buffet dining provides passengers with an array of different choices in an informal setting. Snack Bars serve fast-food classics for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Pizzeria is open during high season and offers fresh-baked Neapolitan pizzas with a variety of toppings. On the routes between Italy and Tunisia-Morocco are also available Halal meals - permissible by the traditional Islamic law food and drinks.
- At the Ferry Shopping Centre, retail outlets (boutique shops) sell at discounted pricing gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (spirits, wines), tobaccos, premium-brand perfumes and cosmetics, designer jewelry, fashion clothing and accessories, watches, sunglasses, personal hygiene products, travel essentials, confectionery, snacks, toys, puzzles, books, magazines.
- The shipboard Conference Centre serves the company's "GNV MICE and INCENTIVE" program and offers 5 different formats for group meetings, conventions and corporate events at sea and in port - Charters (full), Part Charters (dedicated onboard areas), Mini-Cruises, Floating Hotel (ship hotel) and Corporate Events (onboard aperitifs, lunches and dinners).
- Children under 4 years of age travel free of charge on all GNV ships. Kids under 2 years of age travel free of charge on Tunisia and Morocco routes.
- Cots, high chairs, bottle warmers, changing tables and cot sides are provided on request and free of charge.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Grandi Navi Veloci (founded in 1992, headquartered in Genoa, Italy) is an Italian ferry company operating on shipping routes between mainland Italy, Sardinia, Sicily, Albania, France, Morocco, and Tunisia. Grandi Navi Veloci current cruise ferry fleet includes the ships Atlas, Azzurra, Cristal, Excellent, Excelsior, Fantastic, La Superba, La Suprema, Majestic, Rhapsody, Splendid.
GNV Fantastic ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of GNV Fantastic ferryAdd Photo
GNV Fantastic ferry ship related cruise news
At about 2:00 p.m. yesterday, January 12, the ferry 'Fantastic' of Grandi Navi Veloci (GNV) company, from Tangier, collided with the Viking Star...January 13, 2018
- show more news
Other GRANDI NAVI VELOCI cruise ships
GNV Fantastic ferry Wiki
GNV Fantastic ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review