Review of Uniworld
Here we list all Uniworld river cruises 2016-2017 ship itineraries, destinations and departure ports. We have all Uniworld river cruise ships schedules (sail calendar with dates and prices PP). Another feature is the Uniworld cruise tracking service integrated in each page. It shows on a map the boat's location now (current position on the river). Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection is located in LA California and operates a fleet of river cruise ships along the rivers in Europe, Russia, China and Egypt. Uniworld river cruising line also has operational offices in France, Switzerland, the Netherlands and China. The company is part of The Travel Corporation group, including businesses such as Contiki Tours and Trafalgar Tours.
Uniworld River Cruises
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection boasts a fleet of boutique-style river ships with average capacity of 130 guests. Their cruise itineraries feature exceptional cuisine and top dining, custom shore excursions and outstanding service from all-English speaking staff. After in 2004 the Travel Corporation acquired Uniworld, they fully refurbished and upgraded the existing fleet and also acquired new vessels. The most attractive are the 2014 S.S. Antoinette and S.S. Catherine as both have larger cabins, al-fresco dining, swimming pools with bars, marble bathrooms and "touch windows" that transform into balconies with a button touch. In 2013, seven of Uniworld boutique river boats were listed in "Top 20 River Cruise Ships" of Travel + Leisure. The Number One spot was for River Countess. Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection is the best line for well-traveled mature adults and first-timers who seek for a boutique-type luxurious river cruise. Uniworld's partnership with Red Carnation Hotels made line's ships exceptionally elegant and stylish, featuring fine antiques, original artwork and high-end furnishings. Each ship in Uniworld's fleet has its own distinct theme and personality. The luxuriously appointed staterooms offer hand-crafted Savoir beds, Egyptian cotton sheets, a choice of pillows, European-style duvets, flat-screen TVs with satellite and infotainment center, marble bathrooms with L'Occitane products and complimentary WiFi. A large number feature French balconies.
What's included in your Uniworld ticket price? Soft drinks, beer and wine during lunch and dinner, specialty tea and coffee bar, bottled water in all staterooms, a variety of dining options, local entertainment and signature lectures, airport transfers, most shore excursions (by English-speaking experts using Quietvox audio systems).
As for the Uniworld's tours and excursions ashore, an interesting alternative is that they can be personalized for either a "gentle" or an "active" physical level. Evening activities on board Uniworld river ships are similar to the ones on other river lines and typically consist of local entertainers. Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection clientele are mostly senior North Americans and some Brits. The company also attracts 40+ passengers and each year successfully runs themed multi-generational family cruises.
From its start in 1976, the Uniworld line ("Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection") has expanded its fleet and its market share, covering more than 20 countries and operating over 500 river itineraries annually. Uniworld cruises range in length from 7 days to 1 month. The line's worldly renowned boutique-hotel style vacations appeal to a wide variety of passengers and interests. Along with its primary operations in Central and Western Europe, the company works in partnership with major lines and travel groups in China, Vietnam, Egypt and Portugal, to bring the Uniworld classic experience to other parts of the world.
- On all river cruising ships, whether newly built or refurbished, Uniworld's signature is a colorful and dynamic ambience. All cabins and public rooms are furnished in high standards, with lush fabrics, original artwork and antiques nestled next to state-of-the-art flat-screen televisions, comfortable Savoir brand beds and plush bathrooms.
- Service and cuisine are on a par with oceangoing luxury cruise ships, though, as river boats are smaller, options like entertainment venues and alternative restaurants are less in number.
- Uniworld has moved towards all-inclusive river cruises, and most fares (excluding China, Vietnam and Russia) include unlimited fine wine, spirits and beer, as well as gratuities for services on board and on shore, such as pre- and post-cruise extensions.
- Ticket prices include most of the shore tours. Some extra options, such as bicycling and wine tasting tours in Danube's Durnstein, are for a fee. Each Uniworld Cruises’ river ship carries a complimentary fleet of bicycles to be used by passengers while in call ports.
- While "big ship" entertainment options (Broadway-style productions and casinos) are not available, each evening provides diversions ranging from bands that play for dancing to local acts who come on board in ports of call.
- Uniworld continues to offer an experience that is geared primarily to North Americans. However, the line is also marketing to English-speaking cruisers in the U.K. and Australia. As Uniworld is consistent with traditional European river cruising dynamic, line’s voyages appeal to more senior guests, but its onboard ambience attracts younger travelers, especially in their 40s and older. Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection also markets a variety of multigenerational family-themed cruises each year.
Follows a list of external links (opening in new tabs) to:
The following YouTube video provides a review of the experience on Uniworld river cruises in Europe. Next YouTube video reviews the Uniworld cruises in Asia - Vietnam (Mekong River) itineraries.
Itinerary of Uniworld
This section has links to all Uniworld cruise ships providing information on sailing schedules (dates and prices), current positions (cruise tracker) and also internal links to related review articles.
Uniworld's top luxury boats offer itineraries along the largest European and Asian rivers - including in China, Egypt and Russia. The company's operations include more than 20 countries with over 500 departures annually. The itineraries range from one week to a month.
Follows the list of all Uniworld ships and their itinerary regions:
- Ganges Voyager II (launched 2015) - chartered luxury boat for India cruises on Ganges River
- Prince Abbas - Lake Nasser - Egypt
- River Ambassador (launched 1993) - Rhine, Main, Danube - Holland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic
- River Baroness (launched 1994) - Seine River - France, departures from paris to Normandy
- River Beatrice (launched 2009)- Danube River and "Christmas Markets" - Germany, Austria,Slovakia, Hungary
- River Countess (launched 2003)- Po River - Italy
- River Duchess (launched 2003) - Rhine, Main, Danube - Holland, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia
- River Empress (launched 2001)- Rhine, Main, Danube - Germany, Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic
- River Orchid (launched 2013)- Mekong River - Vietnam and Cambodia
- River Princess (launched 2001)- Rhine, Main, Danube and "Christmas Markets" - Germany, Austria,Slovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia, Turkey
- River Royale (launched 2006) - Garonne River - France river cruises from Bordeaux, "Food and Wine" themed
- River Queen (launched 1999) - Rhine, Main, Danube, "Christmas Markets" - Holland, Germany, Switzerland
- River Tosca (launched 2009) - Africa / Egypt cruises on Nile River
- River Victoria (launched 1982) - Volga River - Russia
- Queen Isabel - chartered for Spain and Portugal cruises on Douro River
- SS Antoinette ("super ship, launched 2011) - Rhine River, "Christmas Markets" - Germany, Switzerland, France
- SS Catherine ("super ship, launched 2014) - Rhone River - France river cruises in Burgundy and Provence leaving from Paris
- SS Joie de Vivre ("super ship, launched 2017) - Seine River - France river cruises in Normandy leaving from Paris
- SS Maria Theresa ("super ship, launched 2015) - Holland, Rhine, Main, Danube
- Century Legend and Century Paragon offer Yangtze River cruises in China. Both ships are privately-owned and operated by Viking under charter. These riverboats are also chartered by other major European lines, like AmaWaterways, Avalon and Viking.
Uniworld cruise tracker
Our Uniworld cruise ship tracker is a function integrated into all Uniworld river cruise review pages. At page-bottom in each page you'll find a map with the boat's current location (AIS position). All the real-time tracking data is provided by VesselFinder. It's all about convenience - you will find where is your Uniworld ship cruising today and right now along its current itinerary - in realtime!
Enjoy the "boutique luxury" river cruising on your Uniworld vacations!
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All river passenger shipping line companies and their fleets are listed there.
Uniworld related cruise news
The luxury river cruise company Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection changes things up for 2017 by adding new itineraries, more inclusions to...August 27, 2016
Some of the major cruise lines still calling at Istanbul, Turkey are beginning to cancel port calls there following yesterday's latest airport...June 29, 2016
Harmony of the Seas cancelled a port call in Marseille due to the general strike taking place in France today (June 14). Royal Caribbean...June 14, 2016
River cruise lines catering to international passengers are reassuring travelers that their boats on China's Yangtze River are safe, in response to...June 4, 2015