Villefranche/Nice cruise port is the busiest one on the French Reviera. Its official name is “Port de la Santé.”The city of Villefranche-sur-Mer has the Alps as its background and is very closely located to Nice, Cannes and Monaco. Côte d’Azur attracts tourists from different nations.
- Villefranche/Nice cruise port is more popular as port of call. The ships that call here are from the fleets of Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Disney. Windstart Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises use it as a departure port.
- The list of French Riviera (Cote d'Azur) ports also includes Antibes, Bandol, Cannes, Cassis, Marseille, Sanary-sur-Mer, St Raphael, St Tropez, Toulon, and Monte Carlo (Monaco).
Highlights: French Riviera, Cannes, Antibes, Eze and Monte Carlo
Villefranche-sur-Mer cruise terminal
Villefranche/Nice cruise port terminal is located at the deepest Mediterranean natural harbour. In the past it was used for the travels of the Romans and the Greek. Currently, it is sparkling area of the Côte d’Azur. The area is famous from many movies like James Bond movies, the Bourne Identity, The Jewel of the Nile, Never Say Never Again.
Villefranche/Nice cruise port terminal processes more than half-a-million cruisers per year. It is part ot the “Med Cruises” Association, which groups the largest cruising ports in the Mediterranean area.
The small-size cruise ships, not longer that 180 m, dock at the Bassin Lympia in Old Nice (Vieux Nice). It is in the middle of the city at the center of Place de l’Île de Beauté. It is among the listed squares in the city with it amazing facades in red ochre.
The larger cruise vessel dock at the second Villefranche/Nice cruise port terminal, located in Villefranche-sur-Mer. The distance to Nice is 3 miles by bus or by train.
There is an airport located 20 minutes from Villefranche/Nice cruise port terminal. You can use bus service, but it is easier by taxi.
The Port of Nice offers free information on arrival and departure at its Convention and Visitors Bureau.
The train station is above the beach, you can access it by stairway. There are regular services to Nice, Cannes and Monaco. There are rent-a-car offices near the Villefranche/Nice cruise port terminals.
Villefranche-sur-Mer tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Old Nice: sparkling area of narrow streets, lively facades in Sardinian architectural style. You can see the famous Palais de la Préfecture, Palais Lascaris (dating from the 17th century), Palais Communal Masséna and the Hall of Justice.
- Colourful markets: located in the Old Nice and one of the busiest areas of the city. You can visit the Cours Saleya Flower Market every day of the week except the Mondays. From June to September, there is crafts and arts market.
- Promenade des Anglais: beautiful boulevard at the seafront lined with palm trees. It is also known as the ”walkway of the English’.” It was named like that because the path was founded by an English guy in the early 1820s.
- Saint Nicolas’ Cathedral: the cathedral has the reputation of the ”most splendid Russian Orthodox church.”
- Monaco: you should not miss to visit the breathtaking Monte Carlo.
- Cannes: the iconic home of the most famous film festival in the world.
After July 14th terrorist attack in Nice France, cruise lines called either port calls or shore excursions to Nice (port Villefranche-sur-Mer arrivals). The list of lines included P&O, MSC, Royal Caribbean, NCL Norwegian, Regent and Oceania. Also cancelled were all shore tous from nearby French Riviera ports, such as Cannes and Monaco, scheduled in the next few days. On July 14, 2016, a truck driver accelerated into crowds of revelers celebrating the Bastille Day, killing 84 people.
The Villefranche-sur-Mer cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Villefranche-sur-Mer, Nice, France.
If you lose the Villefranche-sur-Mer location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Villefranche-sur-Mer cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Villefranche-sur-Mer, Nice, France. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
24 March, 2017
30 March, 2017
The French Riviera ports Villefranche-sur-Mer (Nice), Antibes and Cannes anticipate 373 cruise ships bringing a total of 721,000...December 10, 2016
A 30,000 GT Princess Cruises' liner carrying over 1,000 people has been badly damaged after hitting embankment while entering port of Nice. A...October 15, 2016
Cruise lines that are calling at the French Riviera canceled shore excursions and port calls to Nice, following the terrorist attack on July 14. A...July 16, 2016
- show more news