Queen Isabel Review and Specifications
Specifications of Queen Isabel
|Builder||Shipyard De Hoop (Holland)|
|Owner||TravCorp-Uniworld & Douro Azul|
|Length (LOA)||79 m / 259 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Passengers||59 - 118|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of Queen Isabel
The Uniworld Queen Isabel boat cruises on Douro River departing from Lisbon and Porto.
Queen Isabel cruise ship was launched in 2013 as one of the most luxurious vessels on Douro River in Portugal. DouroAzul, Portugal's leading cruise company, owns the Isabel together with other impressive riverboats and ships. Their extremely smart coaches coordinate with the vessels for shore excursions. The Queen Isabel ship is currently chartered by Uniworld Cruises for all sailings along the Douro. She was built in Portugal and staffed by all Portuguese crew (the only exception is her Dutch chef). Queen Isabel and her 59 staterooms are relatively small in comparison with those on other Uniworld ships. Her dimensions have been dictated by the relatively narrow and short locks which pepper the Douro River. However, the lower deck cabins have large windows. All staterooms on the upper two decks feature beautifully appointed balconies. There is also adequate storage space and good bathrooms with L'Occitane en Provence products. Other amenities include a swimming pool on the Sun deck, Serenity River Spa, fitness center and boutique. All guests are pampered with complimentary coffee bar and ffree Wi-Fi and Internet access.
Queen Isabel river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Uniworld Portugal cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Uniworld Douro River cruise only or cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Uniworld offers air-inclusive cruise deals and pre/post cruise hotel packages as extensions (at additional cost).
Queen Isabel wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 5
- Total number of cabins: 59 (of which 20 Suite)
- Restaurants: Restaurant (Main dining room)
- Lounges & Bars: Main Lounge (featuring a full-service Bar)
- Sun Deck (with a swimming pool), Boutique, Serenity Spa, Fitness center, elevator, free Internet/Wi-Fi access, complimentary coffee & tea bar, reception service.
- Queen Isabel ship is one of the newest boats operated under charter by Uniworld - one of the Europe's largest river cruise lines. The ship offers exclusively Douro River cruises in Portugal. The crew and staff are all Portuguese. The boat was specifically designed, with dimensions dictated by the narrow and short locks along river Douro's valley.
- Queen Isabel boat's amenities are slightly different from those available on the all Uniworld company-owned vessels. The cabins' beds, for example, are smaller. All staterooms and suites on Main Deck have private balconies.
- Other luxury ships on Douro River chartered by major European river cruise lines with operations in Portugal (AmaWaterways, CroisiEurope, Viking) are AmaVida, Scenic Azure, Fernao de Magalhaes, Gil Eanes, Infante Don Henrique, Viking Hemming, Viking Osfrid, Viking Torgil.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.