ms Fernao de Magalhaes Review and Specifications
Specifications of ms Fernao de Magalhaes
|Year built||2003 / Age : 16|
|Builder||Meuse & Sambre Shipyard (Beez-Namur, Belgium)|
|Class||Douro river cruiser|
|Ferry route / homeports||Oporto (Portugal)|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||75 m / 246 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1200 gt|
|Passengers||71 - 142|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Current itinerary of ms Fernao de Magalhaes
ms Fernao de Magalhaes current cruise is 7 days, round-trip The Douro River, the spirit of Portugal (port-to-port cruise). Prices start from USD 1214 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 23 Mar, 2019 and ends on 30 Mar, 2019.
|Date / Time||Port|
|23 Mar 17:00||Porto-Leixoes, Portugal|
|24 Mar 07:00 - 07:00||Porto-Leixoes, Portugal|
|24 Mar 14:00||Regua, Portugal|
|25 Mar 09:00 - 09:00||Regua, Portugal|
|25 Mar 12:00||Pinhao, Portugal|
|25 Mar 20:15||Barca d'Alva, Portugal|
|26 Mar 08:00 - 08:00||Barca d'Alva, Portugal|
|26 Mar 08:30||Vega de Terron, Salamanca, Spain|
|26 Mar 19:00||Senhora da Hora, Portugal|
|27 Mar 07:30 - 07:30||Senhora da Hora, Portugal|
|27 Mar 08:30||Ferradosa, Portugal|
|27 Mar 12:00||Folgosa, Portugal|
|27 Mar 20:00||Entre-os-Rios, Portugal|
|28 Mar 08:00 - 08:00||Entre-os-Rios, Portugal|
|28 Mar 12:00||Porto-Leixoes, Portugal|
|29 Mar||Porto-Leixoes, Portugal|
|30 Mar 09:00||Arriving in Porto-Leixoes, Portugal|
Review of ms Fernao de Magalhaes
MS Fernao De Magalhaes ship cruises on Douro River in Portugal (wine region). Itineraries are round-trips leaving from Oporto Portugal. This riverboat cruises in Portugal together with the CroisiEurope ships Vasco de Gama, Gil Eanes, Infante Don Henrique, Miguel Torga, Amalia Rodrigues.
MS Fernao de Magalhaes has a total of 71 cabins (all of which Riverview, no suites, none for disabled) in 2 grades, situated on the Main Deck (15 double), Middle Deck (18 double), Upper Deck (38 double). The riverboat's 71 passenger cabins (equally sized at 129 ft2 / 12 m2), include 5 cabins with 2 single beds. Main Deck staterooms are with Riverview windows (non-opening). Middle Deck and Upper Deck cabins are with French balconies (slide-opening windows). Upper Deck additionally has 2 Suite accommodations with private verandas (terraces). As for amenities, each stateroom has private bathroom (WC, sink, shower cabin), wardrobe/closet, satellite TV, radio, phone (only for internal calls), hairdryer, personal safe, individual air-conditioning.
The ship's amenities and facilities include a lounge (with a dance floor and its own bar), a dining room (Fernao De Magalhaes restaurant), upper deck lounge with a terrace, sundeck relaxation area (with shaded seating, loungers and deckchairs), gift shop, library, elevator, also complimentary Wi-Fi Internet usage. The Fernao De Magalhaes ship’s Douro river cruise itinerary is in Portugal, with optional tours to Spain. The ship is leaving from Porto on roundtrip itineraries. The provided by CroisiEurope gourmet dining options on the ship, along with the organized tours with themed food and wine tasting events allow the Fernao De Magalhaes's guests to enjoy the local Portuguese cuisine and wines along the cruise itinerary routes.
CroisiEurope Douro River cruise itineraries
The Fernao De Magalhaes ship’s Douro river cruise itineraries from Porto are themed:
- (code PPH_PP) "Porto, Douro Valley, and Salamanca" (Portugal and Spain) - 8 days with two overnights in Porto (after embarkation and before disembarkation).
- (code POB) "Pleasant Portugal" - 6 days Douro Valley cruise (two overnights in Porto).
- (code POF_ETE) "Douro Valley and Salamanca " (Portugal and Spain cruise-only deals, flights/transfers are not Included) - 8 days with an overnight in Porto before disembarkation.
- (code POI) "Douro Valley and Salamanca" - 8 days (6 day cruising) deals are inclusive of 3-star Lisbon hotel package - day 1 (evening arrival, hotel dinner), day 2 (guided city tour, Belem Cultural Center, Jeronimos Monastery, afternoon scenic bus tour), day 3 (bus travel from Lisbon to Coimbra /afternoon arrival, bus travel to Porto for embarkation).
Among the tours and excursions along the Fernao De Magalhaes ship’s Porto cruise itineraries are:
- (day 1) Porto - embarkation (welcome aboard cocktail), guided tour (optional, with wine tasting)
- (day 2) Regua (afternoon arrival, overnight stay) - Lamego (guided excursion)
- (day 3) Vila Real (bus excursion, Casa de Mateus), boarding in Pinhao, evening arrival in Barca d'Alva (overnight stay, Flamenco show on board)
- (day 4) arrival in Vega de Teron (Spain, disembarkation) - Salamanca (UNESCO site / guided excursion), re-boarding in Vega de Teron, evening arrival in Senhora de Ribeira (overnight stay, themed entertainment)
- (day 5) arrival in Ferradosa - "Wines of Porto" (vineyards route /wine tasting tour), afternoon Douro Valley cruising to Entre Os Rios (overnight stay, Gala Dinner event)
- (day 6) Douro Valley cruise to Porto (afternoon arrival, overnight stay) - guided tour (optional), Fado music entertainment on the ship
- (day 7) Porto (free time) - Aveiro (afternoon bus excursion), overnight stay, themed folklore entertainment on the ship.
- The 6-day "Pleasant Portugal" cruise itinerary visits Porto Antigo (afternoon arrival on day 3, overnight stay)- Solar de Mateus (house & gardens / optional excursion).
- The cruise-only deals (POF_ETE) additionally include the optional wine cellar tour (Porto white wine tasting in Folgosa /Armamar) - disembarkation and re-boarding the ship in Ferradosa, with afternoon cruising to Leverinho (overnight stay, Portuguese folklore themed entertainment on the boat).
MS Fernao de Magalhaes cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative CroisiEurope Portugal cruise rates. They might be different when you book your CroisiEurope Douro river cruise deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers, and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Know, that CroisiEurope cruises in Portugal are price-inclusive of all beverages (coffee, tea, juices, soda drinks, also wine and beer at lunches and dinners), but tours and excursions ashore are optional and cost extra. Until we list here all 2016 dates, see in the following table a list of exemplary itineraries with prices per person.
ms Fernao de Magalhaes wiki
The CroisiEurope cruise company is family owned and based in Strasbourg, France. Established in 1976, this premium line operates all aspects of its cruises: from the vessel building (design and construction) to cuisine and hotel services. CroisiEurope is among Europe's largest cruise line companies.
CroisiEurope river cruise deals are inclusive of soft drinks and alcohol (wine and beer with lunch and dinner (year-round). The line offers deals inclusive of unlimited drinks during Europe's high season (April through October) each year. However, unlike most river cruise lines, CroisiEurope charges its guests additionally for shore excursions.
The Fernao de Magalhaes ship cruises on Douro river in Portugal and Spain (with round-trip itinerary from Porto, Portugal). From the same class are the CroisiEurope ships Cyrano de Bergerac, Gerard Schmitter, L’Europe, Vivaldi, and the line's Portugal ships Gil Eanes, Infante Don Henrique, Vasco de Gama.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
ms Fernao de Magalhaes - user reviews and comments
Other CroisiEurope cruise ships
ms Fernao de Magalhaes Itineraries
The below listed ms Fernao de Magalhaes cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest CroisiEurope fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Mar 23||7 days, round-trip The Douro River, the spirit of Portugal (port-to-port cruise)||Porto-Leixoes||$1214|
|2019 Mar 30||5 days, round-trip Porto and the Douro Valley (port-to-port cruise)||Porto-Leixoes||$801|
|2020 Oct 21||7 days, round-trip The Douro River, the spirit of Portugal (port-to-port cruise)||Porto-Leixoes||$1485|
|2020 Oct 28||7 days, round-trip The Douro River, the spirit of Portugal (port-to-port cruise)||Porto-Leixoes||$1215|
|2020 Nov 04||7 days, round-trip The Douro River, the spirit of Portugal (port-to-port cruise)||Porto-Leixoes||$1215|
|2020 Nov 11||5 days, round-trip Porto and the Douro Valley (port-to-port cruise)||Porto-Leixoes||$662|