Madeleine barge Review and Specifications
Specifications of Madeleine barge
|Year built||2014 / Age : 5|
|Builder||CroisiEurope Shipyard (Strasbourg, France)|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||39 m / 128 ft|
|Beam (width)||5 m / 16 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||300 gt|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of Madeleine barge
The Madeleine barge cruises on Rhine River (Marne-Rhine Canal, northwest France) through the Alsace region, departing from Strasbourg and Lagarde. These are one-way itineraries operated only during the summer months.
The CroisiEurope hotel barge Madeleine has only 12 passenger cabins (equally sized at 97 ft2 / 9 m2), each with a picture window. As for amenities, each cabin has private bathroom (WC, sink, shower cabin), flat TV, radio, phone (only for internal calls), hairdryer, personal safe, individual air-conditioning.
The ship's amenities and facilities include a lounge (with its own bar), a restaurant, sundeck relaxation area (with loungers and parasols, a barbecue area, prow-located Jacuzzi), also complimentary bicycles and Wi-Fi Internet usage.
The Madeleine ship’s Marne-Rhine Canal cruise itinerary includes traveling on the Rhine river canals along the Strasbourg-Lagarde shipping route. The barge's itinerary features the countryside scenery of Zorn Valley and the Vosges Mountains. The onboard gourmet dining options, along with the organized food and wine sampling events allow its guests to enjoy the local cuisine and wines. The list of optional excursions includes:
- Strasbourg (guided tour)
- Alsace (nature reserve)
- Artzwiller (engineering project)
- Wingersheim (hiking tour)
- Chateau de Hohbarr (guided tour, food, and wine tasting)
- Lutzelbourg Castle (tour)
- Sarrebourg (guided tour)
MS Madeleine barge cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative CroisiEurope barge cruise rates. They might be different when you book your CroisiEurope France river cruise deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers, and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Know, that CroisiEurope barge cruises in France are price-inclusive of all beverages (coffee, tea, juices, soda drinks, also wine and beer at lunches and dinners), but tours and excursions ashore are optional and cost extra.
Madeleine barge wiki
- The CroisiEurope cruise company is family owned and based in Strasbourg, France. Established in 1976, this premium line operates all aspects of its cruises: from the vessel building (design and construction) to cuisine and hotel services. CroisiEurope is among Europe's largest cruise line companies.
- CroisiEurope river cruise deals are inclusive of soft drinks and alcohol (wine and beer with lunch and dinner (year-round). The line offers deals inclusive of unlimited drinks during Europe's high season (April through October) each year. However, unlike most river cruise lines, CroisiEurope charges its guests additionally for shore excursions.
- The Madeleine barge operates Marne-Rhine Canal cruises in France (the northeastern part of the country). The ship stops at beautiful villages along the itinerary route, where guests can enjoy local wines and traditional French food specialties.
- The CroisiEurope line also owns and operates in France the cruise barges Anne Marie, Daniele, Deborah, Jeanine, and Raymonde.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Madeleine barge - user reviews and comments
Other CroisiEurope cruise ships
Madeleine barge Itineraries
The below listed Madeleine barge cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest European Waterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Oct 25||6 days, round-trip The Marne-Rhine Canal - From Lagarde to Strasbourg||Kehl-Strasbourg||$1922|
|2019 Dec 01||3 days, round-trip At the heart of Alsatian traditions||Kehl-Strasbourg||$603|
|2019 Dec 10||3 days, round-trip At the heart of Alsatian traditions||Kehl-Strasbourg||$603|
|2020 Jul 03||6 days, round-trip The Marne-Rhine Canal - From Lagarde to Strasbourg||Kehl-Strasbourg||$2025|
|2020 Jul 31||6 days, round-trip The Marne-Rhine Canal - From Lagarde to Strasbourg||Kehl-Strasbourg||$2025|
|2020 Aug 07||6 days, one-way from Kehl-Strasbourg to Lagarde||Kehl-Strasbourg||$2025|
|2020 Aug 28||6 days, round-trip The Marne-Rhine Canal - From Lagarde to Strasbourg||Kehl-Strasbourg||$2025|