ms Michelangelo Review and Specifications
Specifications of ms Michelangelo
|Year built||2000 / Age : 19|
|Builder||Meuse & Sambre Shipyard (Beez-Namur, Belgium)|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1500 gt|
|Passengers||78 - 158|
Review of ms Michelangelo
MS Michelangelo ship cruises on Po River and Venitian Lagoon (Italy), departing from Venice.
This riverboat has 78 passenger cabins (equally sized at 129 ft2 / 12 m2) in 4 grades, including 1 suite, 2 single and 4 double bed cabins. Main Deck staterooms (27 double) are with small riverview windows (non-opening). Upper Deck cabins (44 double, 2 singles, 1 Suite) are with large Picture Windows. The ship has no French balconies (slide-opening windows). As amenities, each stateroom has private bathroom (WC, sink, shower cabin), satellite TV, radio, phone (only for internal calls), hairdryer, personal safe, individual air-conditioning.
The boat’s facilities include a lounge (with a dance floor and its own bar), a dining room (Michelangelo restaurant), sundeck relaxation area (with loungers and deckchairs), gift shop, library, also complimentary bicycles and Wi-Fi Internet usage. The Michelangelo ship’s Po river cruise itinerary is in Italy, leaving from Venice (in Italian "Venezia").
The provided by CroisiEurope gourmet dining options onboard, along with the organized tours with themed food and wine tasting events allow the Michelangelo's guests to enjoy the local Italian cuisine and wines along the cruise itinerary routes. The Michelangelo boat’s river cruises in Venice have duration of 3-days and include inner city Venice canal cruising with both touring and shopping options.
CroisiEurope Po River cruise itineraries
Among the tours and excursions along the Michelangelo ship’s Po cruise itineraries are:
- Venice (6 pm embarkation at the St Basilio / San Basilio quay or at the Marittima quay) - overnight stay
- Venice (day 2) - Venetian Lagoon cruising (bay of Adriatic Sea), midday return for lunch, private canal boat tour to Burano (optional), guided tour to Murano island (optional), overnight stay
- Venice (day 3) - guided city tour (optional, visits Palazzo Ducale and Piazza San Marco), ship lunch, free-time afternoon, overnight stay
- Venice (day 4) - Bay of Venice cruising to Chioggia (morning arrival, free-time touring); Padua (town tour, optional, joining the boat in Venice), Gala Dinner event on the ship, overnight stay
- Venice (day 5) - disembarkation (the terminal's name is announced on the boat).
On the 6-days long "Po delta" cruise itinerary additional tour options include:
- Day 2 - optional bus tour to Padua (and joining the ship in Taglio Di Po for dinner) or a bus transfer to Sottomarina (for a free-time afternoon and joining the boat in Taglio Di Po /at ~7 pm).
- Day 3 - arrival in Polesella, guided tour of Ferrara, bus travel tour to Verona, re-boarding the ship in Polesella and cruising to Taglio Di Po (overnight stay)
- Day 4 - Taglio Di Po - bus travel to Chioggia (with stopping in Adria), cruising to Venice (afternoon arrival, optional tour to Palazzo Ducale and Piazza San Marco), free-time, overnight stay
- Day 5 - Venice - free time, optional gondola boat cruise (booking on board), Venice Lagoon cruise to Mazzorbo. There is an optional afternoon excursion to the Murano and Burano islands. Follows the Gala Dinner formal event on the ship, overnight stay.
- Day 6 - Venice (disembarkation at 9 am)
MS Michelangelo cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative CroisiEurope cruise rates. They might be different when you book your CroisiEurope Michelangelo cruise deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Know, that CroisiEurope cruises in Italy are price-inclusive of all beverages (coffee, tea, juices, soda drinks, also wine and beer at lunches and dinners), but tours and excursions ashore are optional and cost extra.
ms Michelangelo wiki
The CroisiEurope cruise company is family owned and based in Strasbourg, France. Established in 1976, this premium line operates all aspects of its cruises: from the vessel building (design and construction) to cuisine and hotel services. CroisiEurope is among Europe's largest cruise line companies.
CroisiEurope river cruise deals are inclusive of soft drinks and alcohol (wine and beer with lunch and dinner (year-round). The line offers deals inclusive of unlimited drinks during the Europe's high season (April through October) each year. However, unlike most river cruise lines, CroisiEurope charges its guests additionally for shore excursions.
The Michelangelo ship cruises on Po River in Italy on round-trips from Venice (Venezia). This is the only CroisiEurope ship in this country. Another major European river cruise line's ship in Italy is the Uniworlds' River Countess (leaving from Venice, Rome and Milan).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.